Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/5/2002 7:26:00 PM EDT
I am looking for a Mini DV camcorder in the $500 to $700 range. The features that I must have are Fire Wire and some type of night vision similar to Sony's night shot. I know that Panasonic and JVC have night shot capabilities but I don't know which models.
Link Posted: 6/5/2002 7:37:13 PM EDT
[#1]
hmm.... New ATV, now new camera..

me thinks bunghole already got the settlement check form his "accident"....

[}:D][}:D][}:D][}:D][}:D][}:D][}:D]

I want new toys too...[>(][>(]

... what the hell do you mean "work"  ... no way man..[:d]

Link Posted: 6/6/2002 10:29:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a JVC dv-505? it works great has firewire and all that but the only thing i dont like about it is the lense is too small and does not let enough light in. Make sure the one you get has a large lense so you can film in lower light conditions. If it is evening time and i try to fill my 18mo daughter running around in the living room its not the best. Also make sure that you get one with good "optical" zoom as digital zoom is pretty much worthless after about 40x. Some of these cameras have like 700x optical zoom. I duno what the hell for. #1 it so hard to hold still on one thig above 50x yet alone 700, #2 its gona be so pixelized that you cant tell what your looking at any way. My $.02

Diesel
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 1:36:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Like diesel said, go for the optical zoom. Digital is worthless. It just makes the picture all pixel-y. I've found that the night vision on mine is useless, but then again I bought mine about two years ago...

Matt
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 1:45:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Sony PC-9. I researched and found that this is the best out there, and it is, I'm very happy with mine.
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 2:02:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a Panasonic & think it's great!!
Link Posted: 6/6/2002 5:50:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Actually, I am leanning towards this camera right now. It's a new Sony that uses MicroMV format. I don't really need the night shot feature and the small size is a plus.
[img]http://www.sonystyle.com/digitalimaging/images/PBanner_IP5.gif[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top