Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2005 1:52:22 AM EDT
Hi guys.  Not sure which forum to put this in really.  

I'm looking to buy a camcorder....nothing high-end.  Just maybe a MiniDV camcorder for now.  But I'm looking for something that will allow me to record video direct from my computer.  

Let's see if I can explain.....

What I want to do is record video from my computer, like game footage from BF2....directly onto the camera.  I hate using programs like FRAPS because of the HDD speed and the lower framerates.  Is there a nice, consumer MiniDV capable of this?  Does anyone have any experience doing anything like this?

I have a Radeon 9800-Pro All-in-Wonder card which has an S-video out.  I know I can route my video through it as I've done so with a TV.  

I'm looking at this Sony DCR-HC32 MiniDV Handycam

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformation-Start?ProductSKU=DCRHC32&Dept=cameras&CategoryName=dcc_DICamcorders_MiniDVHandycamCamcorders

Looking at this camera's user's manual it says it comes with an S-video cable that it shows one could connect to a VCR that would connect to the camera's I.Link input port.  I'm assuming this would allow me to do what I want.  

I guess I'm just looking for confirmation or maybe suggestions or warnings from anyone here.  

Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 3:17:26 AM EDT
[#1]
due to the way videos are rendered, you're not going to have much luck with this. Sorry.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:21:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I wouldn't do that period. Just use the computer.

-d
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top