Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/26/2012 4:20:47 AM EDT
OK, got this thing and its addicting. Been playing creative to get use to it and recently started survival mode. I'm a huge noob still but on my way to building a a pretty good base of ops and a nice underground bunker. Any good tips or places to get them?

If I dig deep is there more chance of better ore? I have iron and have made several tools and weapons but I would like to get some armor.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 4:32:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Hit F3 to pull up your location data, and dig a stairwell until your height is 12.6... then start mining in every direction. You'll have the best chance of hitting ores of all types at that while avoiding most (not all) lava in the walls and such.

Minecraft wiki has a ton of tutorials.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 4:33:07 AM EDT
[#2]
better and more ore is down deep, diamond ore is between the bottom and 20 or so blocks up usually.

make sure to make extra tools and store them in a chest in case you die and lose what.you are carrying.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 4:33:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, the best stuff is deep, like level 13 or lower. Those levels have the highest ore densities, but also have large lakes of lava, so watch out!
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 4:44:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Use google to find the Minecraft Wiki site.  It has all your answers.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 6:07:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Everything you need to know:
Don't Mine At Night

Link Posted: 12/26/2012 6:17:00 AM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 12/26/2012 9:12:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:26:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks guys. Getting the hang of this. I will join up on the AR server after the new year. Thanks again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top