Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2010 3:08:07 PM EDT
http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/98787194.html

"Drunk, off-duty officer threatened to kill person, reports say

By Ryan Haggerty of the Journal Sentinel

Posted: July 19, 2010 5:54 p.m. |(0) Comments

A Milwaukee police officer arrested this month on allegations of pointing a gun at two other people while he was off-duty and intoxicated threatened to kill at least one of the people, according to newly released arrest detention reports.

The Milwaukee County district attorney's office is reviewing the case against Officer Jorge L. Madrigal, who was arrested early July 9 on suspicion of intentionally pointing a firearm at another, being armed with a gun while under the influence of an intoxicant and disorderly conduct while armed.

According to the arrest detention reports:

Madrigal, 24, was a passenger in a Dodge Charger late July 8. The Charger's driver was chasing a Ford Explorer driven by his girlfriend on S. Layton Blvd. near W. Becher St. because he was jealous that another man was with her inside the Explorer.

The Charger's driver cut off the Explorer, forcing it to stop. Madrigal and another passenger in the Charger got out and approached the Explorer.

Madrigal pointed his gun at the people inside the Explorer and said, "Open the door or I'll kill you. Open the door or I'll shoot you in the head," according to an arrest detention report.

Madrigal and the other passenger from the Charger stood on the Explorer's running boards and shouted at the people inside the Explorer while Madrigal pointed his gun at them, the report says.

The woman then drove off. Madrigal and the other man held on to the Explorer for a short time before jumping off.

The woman flagged down two Milwaukee police officers, who took a .40-caliber Glock pistol from Madrigal, according to the report.

Madrigal and the other two men who were inside the Charger were arrested. Madrigal has been suspended from the Police Department, which is conducting an internal investigation of the incident, a spokeswoman said.

Madrigal was awarded the department's Purple Star in May for continuing to chase suspects in a September burglary even after falling and breaking his arm during the pursuit."

To the credit of Milwaukee PD, at least this time the other officers took his gun away and arrested him instead of joining in and beating/torturing the occupants of the Explorer.  I also find it, as always, extremely disturbing that there are LEOs on active duty who feel that they are entitled to do shit like this and/or will get away with it.  I don't think you have to be a criminal to be scared of such people.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 3:39:26 PM EDT
[#1]
He got suspended and is being prosecuted. As he should.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 3:50:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Play stupid games and all that.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 4:00:34 PM EDT
[#3]
How long before the Milwaukee County district attorney's office announces there is a lack of evidence & will not persue charges?
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 4:19:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Agreed.  I'm also glad to see no blue line stuff like the last big incident.  That one was a real mess.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 5:03:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Going to be interesting to see what they engrave on the back of his award medal.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 5:23:20 PM EDT
[#6]
My baby dittint do nuthin.
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 7:20:44 PM EDT
[#7]
He is a good man, and apart from this one lapse of judgement was a fine officer.  He doesn't deserve to have his career taken away from him when he worked so hard to earn it.

Link Posted: 7/19/2010 7:22:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Drunken Brandishing

Sounds kinky.  
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 7:25:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Drunken Brandishing

Sounds kinky.  

I totally missed the double entendre - thanks for pointing it out.  Only you!  
Link Posted: 7/19/2010 7:43:51 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Yep..

Link Posted: 7/19/2010 7:45:41 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Going to be interesting to see what they engrave on the back of his award medal.

Guilty as charged?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top