Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2004 6:52:58 AM EST
There's suppose to be a march against AW Sunset on DC soon. How threathening is this against AWB sunsetting? Can some media seeking Senator fast tract an extention now? Is this likely? We're so close!
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 7:04:01 AM EST

Originally Posted By New_Pup_101:
There's suppose to be a march against AW Sunset on DC soon. How threathening is this against AWB sunsetting? Can some media seeking Senator fast tract an extention now? Is this likely? We're so close!

calm down.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 7:07:32 AM EST
They tried to set up a march at the 2003 NRA convention. My girl friend and I went looking for them to give them a hard time and couldnt find them.

I found later that they only had something like 18 people show up!
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 7:30:28 AM EST
The antis typically make a big deal out of nothing. Those guys don't have the money a few years ago, expect to see only a whimper from these people, nothing like the huge throngs of people they have years ago because their source of funding has pretty much dried up.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 7:30:37 AM EST
My understanding is that the "original" Million Mom March only had something like 126,000 participants-----jeeze------talk about being bad at math!
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 7:30:46 AM EST
To give you an example of how threatening this particular march probably is, they JUST THIS WEEK sent out a plea begging for $32,000 in donations so they could fly the headliner for their event (Chaka Khan) from her Reno, NV concert to the MMM event the next day.

So they are essentially organizaing transportation for their headlining act a week before the actual event and they are $32k short of what they need to get it done.

If they manage to get even a thousand people (let alone moms) out there, I'll be surprised.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 7:33:32 AM EST

Originally Posted By Bartholomew_Roberts:
To give you an example of how threatening this particular march probably is, they JUST THIS WEEK sent out a plea begging for $32,000 in donations so they could fly the headliner for their event (Chaka Khan) from her Reno, NV concert to the MMM event the next day.

So they are essentially organizaing transportation for their headlining act a week before the actual event and they are $32k short of what they need to get it done.

If they manage to get even a thousand people (let alone moms) out there, I'll be surprised.

$32,000 I think it's my duty as a gentleman to offer them a round trip ticket for, say, $25,000.00.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 7:36:30 AM EST
With chacka Kahn on their side...........they can't lose
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 7:37:51 AM EST
The shine has worn off of the MMM bauble. Women have moved on. There are other windmills to joust now.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 7:46:18 AM EST

...the headliner for their event (Chaka Khan)...

WHO???
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:02:20 AM EST
[Last Edit: 5/5/2004 8:03:03 AM EST by HardShell]

Originally Posted By Tanker06:

...the headliner for their event (Chaka Khan)...

WHO???

You know... Chaka Khan... Chaka Khan... Chaka-Chaka-Chaka Khan... Chaka Khan...

If you've never heard of her, all I can say is that I FEEL FOR YOU...

Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:11:26 AM EST
I remember chaka--wasn't she one of the creatures from the old "Land of the Lost" TV show that I watched as a kid?
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:38:59 AM EST
Chacka Kahn? Is she a muslim?
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 2:36:52 PM EST

Originally Posted By New_Pup_101:

Sunday May 9th, many of us Virginia members will be there to support the Sisters of the second amendment.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 2:42:47 PM EST
CRIMINALS DO NOT OBEY THE LAW. PUNISHING LAW ABIDING CITIZENS FOR THE UNRULY AND ILLEGAL BEHAVIOR OF CRIMINALS, IS PURE MADNESS. THERE CAN BE NO ARGUMENT HERE. ANY ATTEMPT TO ARGUE THIS POINT IS A CLEAR SIGN OF STUPIDITY
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 3:05:47 PM EST
The Million Mom March is none of the above. There aren't a million of them, most of them aren't moms, and they don't march.

Basically, they're a bunch of liars.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 3:17:00 PM EST

Originally Posted By tc6969:
They tried to set up a march at the 2003 NRA convention. My girl friend and I went looking for them to give them a hard time and couldnt find them.

I found later that they only had something like 18 people show up!

Where the hell they find that many ????????????????????????????????????????????
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 4:16:28 AM EST

you know, we really should get all of our wives and girlfriends and sisters together and have a "million moms FOR assault weapons" march. how great would that be!??

i think it would hold more weight with the american public too if it was mostly women. might make them think a little more then if'n it was jus' a bunch of redneks.

Link Posted: 5/6/2004 4:26:20 AM EST

Originally Posted By newar15guy:

you know, we really should get all of our wives and girlfriends and sisters together and have a "million moms FOR assault weapons" march. how great would that be!??

i think it would hold more weight with the american public too if it was mostly women. might make them think a little more then if'n it was jus' a bunch of redneks.

Before you set up another demonstration like that, check to see what the Second Amendment Sisters are doing.

http://www.2asisters.org/

One big group of pro-2nd Amendment supporters that outweighs the Twenty Mom March might have a bigger chance of the media having to take notice...
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 4:34:07 AM EST

Originally Posted By Jaybo:

Before you set up another demonstration like that, check to see what the Second Amendment Sisters are doing.

One big group of pro-2nd Amendment supporters that outweighs the Twenty Mom March might have a bigger chance of the media having to take notice...

i was saying "we" in the gun-community-as-a-whole sense, pro-second groups included.

Link Posted: 5/6/2004 4:39:40 AM EST

Originally Posted By Jaybo:

i was saying "we" in the gun-community-as-a-whole sense, pro-second groups included.

Fair enough, but the SAS probably already has something going on. That's all I'm sayin'.
Top Top