Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/22/2007 8:35:26 PM EDT
Okay, someone a while back had the idea to have a march on DC, in support of the Second Amendment, with all attendees in possesion of a 2X4 representing their firearm  The march would be for the purpose of solidifying the 2nd, and the agenda would be  based around the fact that the 2nd is absolute and further disregard of the Founders intentions will no longer be tolerated.

We have the place, we need the time/ date.

I'll be the first on the list.  Once a time/ date are decided upon and if you sign the roster, you are expected to show.

Please add your name, and a proposed date below.  Please do not add your name if you do not intend to be there.  I think Independence day would work for the majority (this year it falls on a Wednesday) and (time off from work for many is possible?, just need to make the commitment-- after all if we had 1 million ++ attendees we could really make the point).  

VT4MeGunCtrlisAntiUS
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 8:37:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm in whenever it is!
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 8:39:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Never happen. Legal gun owners have jobs and other obligations to own up to. We're a zero on the rent-a-mob.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 8:39:47 PM EDT
[#3]
uhh...we have jobs.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 8:49:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Never happen. Legal gun owners have jobs and other obligations to own up to. We're a zero on the rent-a-mob.

Who appointed you the "Legal gun owners" spokesperson?

This "Legal gun owner" is in

Link Posted: 2/22/2007 8:51:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who appointed you the "Legal gun owners" spokesperson?

This "Legal gun owner" is in

That's actually pretty accurate.  But if it's in June I would try and go.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 8:52:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I would, and I could even get time off, but I can't afford a flight to DC.  I'm poor.  Can I send a cardboard cutout?
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 8:53:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Um can we do it in early June?
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 8:55:01 PM EDT
[#8]

good to see the spirit of hope but these marches accomplish NOTHING.

Imagine the most insane GD posters eleventy billion spouting off in front of the cameras.

This will hurt more than it helps.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 8:56:14 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll be there I'm sitting on 40 days of leave right now. I think it could be much more persuasive though if we all showed up with loaded ARs and all of our high speed tactical toys. Hell while we were there we could just take out the trash and install a new government.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 8:58:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Better make it a TEN million gun-owner march. Anyway, I'm in. give the signal when the time nears.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 8:59:24 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
uhh...we have jobs.

And this is why we will ultimately loose.  Take a day or two off, make the commitment, spend the money to get there.  Maybe I am just fooling myself, and we (collectively) don't love our guns and our freedoms as much as I would like to believe.  

Fuck it, it was fun while it lasted.  Maybe we can take up underwater basket weaving or something.  UB15.com

Link Posted: 2/22/2007 9:08:33 PM EDT
[#12]
The 4th is fine with me. Keep me posted.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 9:10:57 PM EDT
[#13]
If the 2x4 represents a rifle, can we use a pice of scrap for a handgun?

I'd be in.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 9:40:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Zaphod, NJ??  I thought it was NC?  The magnified eye from NJ?

ETA: Glad you're in, and scrap wood is fine.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 9:41:24 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
uhh...we have jobs.

And this is why we will ultimately loose.  Take a day or two off, make the commitment, spend the money to get there.  Maybe I am just fooling myself, and we (collectively) don't love our guns and our freedoms as much as I would like to believe.  

Fuck it, it was fun while it lasted.  Maybe we can take up underwater basket weaving or something.  UB15.com

No kidding or sarcasm intended. Here's my pic.
i118.photobucket.com/albums/o83/Fist-of-Freedom_photos/shootin001.jpg

The 4th is fine with me. Keep me posted.

What is the rifle on the bottom (upside down)?
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 10:02:10 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm game. DC has a LOT of great places to visit.

Good Luck
Bill
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 10:09:20 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Zaphod, NJ??  I thought it was NC?  The magnified eye from NJ?

Not by choice, let me tell you.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 10:09:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Once a date is set, this needs to be coordinated through every gun board on the net, every shooting club in the nation and even the NRA/GOA. Get every swinging dick involved, even the so-called "Fudds" who will participate. If this is well planned and well coordinated, I think many people would be surprised by how many might turn out (I'll go on record as saying it would attract a helluva lot more than the Million Mom March that was more like 50,000).
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 10:32:20 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Imagine the most insane GD posters eleventy billion spouting off in front of the cameras.

Right! After we educate the anchor folks about tax laws, militias, WACO, jury nullification, 9/11, common law courts and sovereign citizens, I'm sure they'll be dying to hear our views on the second amendment. Maybe someone's dog could get shot while we're at it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 10:41:28 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I would, and I could even get time off, but I can't afford a flight to DC.  I'm poor.  Can I send a cardboard cutout?

Road trip man!  I'm sure there could be enough of us heading that way and back to provide transportation to those that can't make it solo.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 10:42:48 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Right! After we educate the anchor folks about tax laws, militias, WACO, jury nullification, 9/11, common law courts and sovereign citizens, I'm sure they'll be dying to hear our views on the second amendment. Maybe someone's dog could get shot while we're at it.

Yeah, you're right.  We would probably be much better off just rolling over when it comes to our freedoms and beliefs.  I love the defeatist attitude, and I fully expected some of it when I started this thread.

--VT
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 10:43:37 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I would, and I could even get time off, but I can't afford a flight to DC. I'm poor. Can I send a cardboard cutout?

Road trip man! I'm sure there could be enough of us heading that way and back to provide transportation to those that can't make it solo.

I've got 5 seats from CO to DC and back
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 10:44:26 PM EDT
[#23]
I told you the truth from the get go. The man power isn't there.

Now I'm just having fun.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 10:45:46 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm in, but I'm a no-go for the Fourth.  I've got a trip I've got planned then that I can't/don't want to get out of.  I'm also not to hot on the whole, "carrying a 2x4 through DC" plan.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 10:50:04 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I told you the truth from the get go. The man power isn't there.

Now I'm just having fun.

Meh- move on man, this obviously isn't something you're into.

Link Posted: 2/22/2007 10:52:32 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Um can we do it in early June?

June is CRAZY for me.

Tag for a date.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 10:56:10 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I'm in, but I'm a no-go for the Fourth.  I've got a trip I've got planned then that I can't/don't want to get out of.  I'm also not to hot on the whole, "carrying a 2x4 through DC" plan.

Cool, the whole purpose of this thread is to get some useful ideas and ultimately come up with a plan that has been thought of and approved by the general populace here (and hopefully elsewhere, too).  When and How are the questions here.

--VT
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 10:59:37 PM EDT
[#28]
this sounds good consider this a tag for a date . a wendsday would be fine with me.

2 or 3 days pay is a small price to pay to make a stand.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 11:08:27 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

2 or 3 days pay is a small price to pay to make a stand.

Too bad everyone here can't see the truth in this statement.

Link Posted: 2/22/2007 11:25:45 PM EDT
[#30]
You need a minimum of a year to plan something this large.  All magazines and groups to be notified.  If you try this half-sprung, you will only ruin the chances of it ever happening.
I'm in if it's organized.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 11:49:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Regarding the 'million gun owners march' proposal, if its legit, organized, well planned out and co-ordinated with every gun group and organization we can think of, id do it no matter when or where. Problem is, i dont want to travel somewhere only to find its been done with little effort  and no-one is really there to support our cause. A situation such as that would do much more harm than good, it would make us appear, as uneducated, unorganized and unresponsive gun owners...it'd be a disaster. If it was done correctly and professionally, i think a  huge statement could be made and would certainly grab some attention and headlines for our cause. Its about time we ALL did something like this besides sitting back on our keisters waiting for someone else to step up and take up our slack and fight our fight for us, GET INVOLVED IN THE FIGHT! Its time to put up or shut up, if you do nothing, dont ever complain or whine again about the state of affairs. As for those that summarily dismiss the idea b/c you have to work, you have church or your checkers club is meeting that day... for those people,  HOW BOUT MAKING A STAND AND OFFERING SOMETHING TO THE CAUSE??!! I understand people have to work and have commitments and plans that cannot be broken, however, everyone could afford (hopefully) to miss 1-2 days work for such an important cause. If you cant afford a day or two off for something as important as our freedoms, our rights, our constitution, then damn, maybe you dont need to be a gun owner. Along with that right to keep and bear arms, comes some responsibilities! Im not trying to berate anyone, my point is this, its time to fight and its time to be heard and this could very well be the most important gathering (if it happens) in the history of gun ownership. This movement could be the turning point in the war on legally owned weapons, the turning point in the attack on law abiding citizens, the turning point in the attack on companies that make legal weapons products. PERHAPS MOST IMPORTANTLY, the turning point on the rights GUARANTEED us by our forefathers and given to us by every veteran that served and especially every veteran that died fighting for what he believed was a worthy cause, those causes being THE AMERICAN WAY OF LIFE, WITH FREEDOMS, WITH CHOICES, WITH THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS! This fight is going to be long, difficult and expensive in many ways but we all have to sacrifice and give it our all and our utmost attention. The 'anti's' are counting on us being too 'comfy' in our homes, in front of our tv's with our feet propped up saying 'i have too much to lose to get involved and my life is going just fine, let someone else do all the speaking out and take all the risks, im not going too' If you do nothing and we lose this fight, i hope you can look yourself in the mirror and your kids in the face and have a rational explanation as to why you did nothing while the very basis of our country is trampled on  and dismantled by career politicians and those whom have a personal axe to grind. The U.S. is known as 'the land of the free and the home of the brave', if we stand by and do nothing, we'll be neither one of those things! Lets get up, get organized, get active, get out there and get our message out to the people that we are not the enemy, we are not the criminal element and we are not the ones to be pushed around any longer...please?!
Tom in TN
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 11:59:38 PM EDT
[#32]
If it is well organized it would be great and June or July would be good because you could get more of the college and young shooters
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 1:06:34 AM EDT
[#33]
IBTMH
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 5:31:26 AM EDT
[#34]
Keepin' it alive - I can spare the time off of work, I'm in.

Finally get a chance to use my "Come and Take It" flag

Perhaps "Life Liberty Etc."  could even do a run of shirts for the event?
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 5:40:05 AM EDT
[#35]
Someone needs to just pick a date and set it.  Talking about a date that is good for everyone is a waste of time.  If you put it far enough in advance people can plan for it.

Once a date is set you need to create a new thread and get it tacked on every board here.  Then we need to cover every other board on the net.  It's a massive undertaking but you gotta either start it or not start it.

I'm sure there are gun owners that own sticker shops and poster shops so we could blanket gun stores.

this is a big undertaking but someone needs to start running with it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 5:42:28 AM EDT
[#36]
height=8
The U.S. is known as 'the land of the free and the home of the brave',

Well, not since the time of the Bonus Marchers at least.

Marches in DC are for gays and hippies, not interested.  In fact, marches in general are Marxist--power to the people and all that happy Che Guevera crap.  A gun owner march would be so neutered that it would be some kind of self-caricature right out of the gate.  This country is so not about men being virile and self-reliant anymore.  

It would be a lot less trouble to just start dropping off suitcases full of cash at legislators' offices the way the big lobbyists (Abramoff) do/did.  <Mayor Quimby>"Is that a suitcase full of money I hear opening?" </Mayor Quimby> As I mentioned in another thread, it works so well for antigun guys like George Soros.  
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 5:46:03 AM EDT
[#37]
I'd be available for the 4th. My wife and I have that week off from work already and she's never seen DC. I'd be all for it.

Kris
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 5:47:38 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 5:59:26 AM EDT
[#39]
I think getting a million gun owners to contribute a fifty bucks to a Second Amendment educational campaign would be a lot more effective.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:00:08 AM EDT
[#40]
If you're hoping a march would be well publicised, I think you can forget it. The media will still be neck deep in coverage of important stuff...like Anna Nicole and Brittney
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:02:41 AM EDT
[#41]

i have some vacation time that i would spend on something like this in a heartbeat. we need to get some of the .orgs involved though. i'd think JPFO, SAF, and GOA could probably get the message out and get people moving better then this board (no offense). every time someone on here makes a decent suggestion, someone else goes, "that's stupid! i can't do that! we have jobs!" and the idea dies.

if we could get one of the "extremist" organizations moving, we'd have a much better time getting people moving too.

Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:10:11 AM EDT
[#42]
I would suggest another date than the fourth. With all the celebrations down there that day it would probably be very difficult to get a permit. Not to mention that they probably would not be to happy to see a bunch of people walking around with 2x4s.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:10:42 AM EDT
[#43]
I would deffinately go. I've got family there, that would make it easier for me. Although not if it were the 4th because I most definately have to work that day.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:13:41 AM EDT
[#44]
This is a great idea.  A few problems though.

The best spokespersons are the "normal" looking, gun collecting professionals, hard working educated, etc.  Problem is "we" are at work, working hard to support our families.  What would happen, is that the media will find the not so perfect, but passionate legal gun owner, that will talk about overthrowing the gov't, voting from rooftops, etc.  That will go over good.  Now, I'm not slaming those that might fit this description, and I even admire your sincerity, but those that would need convincing, would not, to say the least.  Hell I cringe everytime I see someone like this interviewed by the media.

I will say, a coordinated effort in each state, whereby county courthouses, to state capitals are marched upon.  Besides, last I checked, it was the states and cities that were moving to ban guns.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:18:29 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

With the crime rate in DC you might just need the dam thing to beat the muggers off of you with !
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:20:35 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Okay, someone a while back had the idea to have a march on DC, in support of the Second Amendment, with all attendees in possesion of a 2X4 representing their firearm  The march would be for the purpose of solidifying the 2nd, and the agenda would be  based around the fact that the 2nd is absolute and further disregard of the Founders intentions will no longer be tolerated.

We have the place, we need the time/ date.

I'll be the first on the list.  Once a time/ date are decided upon and if you sign the roster, you are expected to show.

Please add your name, and a proposed date below.  Please do not add your name if you do not intend to be there.  I think Independence day would work for the majority (this year it falls on a Wednesday) and (time off from work for many is possible?, just need to make the commitment-- after all if we had 1 million ++ attendees we could really make the point).  

VT4MeGunCtrlisAntiUS

Sounds like a good idea, but someone needs to create a website dedicated to this cause to promote awareness.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:20:50 AM EDT
[#47]
You need a web site to get this going for people to sign up on and to organize it this is not a small thing you are thinking of taking on here ! and the web site could take donations from those that can't come to help fund this  it will not be free! You might ask the NRA or GOA if they want to help?
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:24:18 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
You need a web site to get this going for people to sign up on and to organize it this is not a small thing you are thinking of taking on here ! and the web site could take donations from those that can't come to help fund this  it will not be free! You might ask the NRA or GOA if they want to help?

I would be willing to take on the responsibility to have this website professionally made, but will need to coordinate with the orginator of this cause so that this will be the "Official Site for the March."

If you're interested, IM me or better yet, e-mail me: [email protected] and we can plan accordingly.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:25:55 AM EDT
[#49]
I'm there.  DC is a 30 minute drive.  I have no excuse not to go.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:27:15 AM EDT
[#50]
I am in.  Lets try to do it over Labor Day weekened.  Most people have that monday off anyways.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top