Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2001 2:39:23 PM EDT
Urban Warfare & Civilian Disarmament

But do not worry, the skills learned will only be useful for other imaginary countries such as "Nicolesia".
[url]http://www.worldnetdaily.com/frame/direct.asp?SITE=www.vny.com/cf/News/upidetail.cfm?QID=196559[/url]
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 3:05:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 3:10:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 5:20:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok, I wasn't going to respond, but...

There are really tens of thousands of Delta Operators who have sworn allegance to the UN; the 160th has thousands of black helicopters (some with computerized noise-cancellation equipment); AFST CCT will direct the assaults on individual houses; Navy SEALs will seal-off the borders with the help of elite search and rescue teams to track down any who escape; and WE ARE COMING FOR YOUR GUNS!

Get real.  This is standard military training, all necessary for foreign deployments as is environment security.  The use of made-up names is standard (like Robin Sage in SF school and the imaginary country of Pineland).  You want to move in, do an effective job, and get out.  That takes training.

Now for the incredible news flash: nobody is training to take your guns.  The military has far better things to worry about than plan some imaginary, conspiracy-laden, "invasion" of OUR OWN country.  Geez, take the tinfoil hats off please.

-SARguy
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 5:29:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Every time we move into an area, we disarm those that pose a danger to US forces.  No one seems to complain when we blew up VC, Japanese, Chinese, N Korean and German weapons did they?
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 5:42:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Well if you think about it, it could make sense.

The Police and other Law Enforcement Agencies probably wouldn't be able to handle taking away all of our guns without the help of the military.  There would be too many angry gun owners to handle.  So they would need the military to do all the dirty work of taking guns and what not.
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 6:37:54 PM EDT
[#6]
The Police and other Law Enforcement Agencies probably wouldn't be able to handle taking away all of our guns without the help of the military. There would be too many angry gun owners to handle. So they would need the military to do all the dirty work of taking guns and what not.
View Quote

That's why it's hard for me to buy off on the "door-to-door gun round-up" idea.  Once the military gets called in, the LEOs are all of a sudden out of the control loop.  It's hard for me to believe that the very agencies that try their hardest to jsutify their existance would turn over their mission to the military.  Yeah, the military backs up LE with assets sometimes.  But politically, the military is too powerful when compared to a small agency like the ATF or even the FBI.  Once the military gets involved in something, they tend to start calling their own shots.  That's why you saw military equipment, but no soldiers at Waco.  If the DOJ actually turned anything over to the military, they would be admitting that they couldn't handle something and that would spell disaster for budgets and careers.  Government at that level is all political.  Even the military.  There's a huge political back channel system in the military, and it's VERY strong at the national level.  Even in state governments, the NG is a low key, but very strong political force.

Secondly do you honestly believe that they would even bother with a round-up when they get more and more gun laws passed every year?  It makes no sense.  It's just "wishful" thinking on the part of those who would rather have some visible thing to fight, than sit there helplessly while their rights are given away on the floor of Congress.

Ross
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 6:57:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 7:06:20 PM EDT
[#8]
If three factions are vying for control of Newark, NJ and my unit gets activated, I'd lke to know they're trained right to safely do the job.
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 11:02:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 11:10:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 11:19:33 AM EDT
[#11]
...ahh

Nevermind.
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 11:37:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Someone please show me where it says gun confiscation....stop the paranoia. Get a life.

RLTW
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 11:45:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Boland or someone:
I wondered why our Rangers were killed in Somalia.  Feed the bastards, so they kill you out of gratitude?  Doesn't make sense.  I read in SOF (I know, I know) that our soldiers were conducting door-to-door searches/confiscation of small arms while the "warlords" were (by agreement) allowed to keep theirs in warehouses.  I have no other confirmation of this, but it does make sense as to why our soldiers would be attacked and killed.  It is too bad our men are given those kind of orders.  Can anyone confirm/deny this info?
View Quote

The problems in Somalia
were the result of turning a
humanitarian effort into attempted nation building.
It seems to me that the U.S. favored a certain U.S. educated warlord who no doubt would have made a nice puppet dictator in the horn of Africa.
As far as allowing clans to keep their weapons
SOF is wrong. My buddy Bob was awarded a Navy Ass Munch for locating a large cache
by gathering and compiling intel.
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 11:49:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
perhaps we should train in urban combat too...

just a thought...
View Quote

Already do...On one of the busiest SWAT teams in the State of AR.  Don't think I won't fight for my guns...

ronnie
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 11:50:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 11:51:38 AM EDT
[#16]
I think you guys who think this 'CANT' happen/ tin foil crap HERE......

Need to back up and realize they said the same thing in ...Germany, Uganda, Ethiopia, Cuba, Thailand.....

Get the point here? ANY step in that direction SHOULD be up on radar. With SIMPLE logic, one can realize the starting point of ALL the above said tragedies....

Pearl Harbor had radar, they ignored the obvious too......
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 12:06:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Just because the military trains for amphibious landings, it doesn't mean that the people of Daytona Beach, Fl should be worrying.
Just because we do desert traing, fear not, people of Palm Springs.
Urban Training? Camden and Newark, stand down.
Disarming rival factions? Recent events in Kosovo and Somalia should explain this.

Paranoia is one thing, but this getting to be more about self-centered/self-absorbtion.
Get over yourselves.
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 12:12:30 PM EDT
[#18]
a question for the foil heads- would a black man in  black clothing in a black helicopter, fliying in the black of night be the ultimte invasion force against Americans in the plot to take away our black rifles?
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 1:15:14 PM EDT
[#19]
ALL YOUR GUNZ ARE BELONG TO US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[smash][smash][smash][smash][smash][smash][smash][smash]
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 1:26:40 PM EDT
[#20]
I have a question (somewhat related).  How low does our radar go these days?  One evening in Torrance (southern) CA at my parents house.  I was on the computer and I heard a helicoptor and immediately recognized the sound as that not of a Police search chopper, plus it sounded real low.  I went out in the back yard, and saw a Cobra fly by at what seemed to be about 100ft off the ground, and I just thought it was cool.  Then later I started on the "what if's?" and the main one was "what if that was some 'bad' chopper on a one way mission." (not sure what damage he could do in SoCal) Would there be any other way to identify it besides having some local guy call and report it?

I never felt it was worth any serious thought, but still have remained curious, this post just made me think about it again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top