Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/3/2005 3:51:23 PM EDT
Anybody know if there is a such thing? Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:14:07 PM EDT
never heard of it.
why would you want "cheats"

When I received my exit exam I was documented at 15% decrease in hearing (I wore my ear plugs all the time). When I am 60 that information help with hearing aids from the VA. My father who was just tested received two hearing aids from the VA for zero cost. He worked on a carrier in the 50's and those piston engines are very hard on the ears.

don't cheat man, your only cheating yourself.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:23:18 PM EDT
What?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:24:39 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Kooter:
What?

lol
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:26:24 PM EDT
When I went in for my physical, they noticed that I had moderate hearing loss. They said that since it wasnt too, too bad I could get a waiver if I wanted.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:26:33 PM EDT
Huh?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:29:48 PM EDT
I was UK MoD for 20 yrs and we had annual hearing tests the same as the Royal Air Force. Done in an RAF Medical centre.

The test was done in soundproof box

There is no way I can imagine that test could be cheated.

How is the test done over there?

Cheers

Taffy
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:31:22 PM EDT
You either hear it or you dont, there is no sequence to follow
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:34:18 PM EDT
Wear ear plugs for 24 hours prior to the test.

Make sure that you take them out before you test!

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:50:35 PM EDT
It was common 30 years ago when the test sequence was identical for each test. The docs finally smarted up and randomized the segments and busted a few pilots.

I've got so much tinnitus that I can't tell when many tones start nowadays.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:35:23 PM EDT
Taffy: Sounds exactly like the testing we had during entry physical...Big hf loss noted on entry, & far. far worse on exit....mid '60's & wife is always on my ass about getting HA....comes in handy tho, just look the other way & she gets even more pissed off!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:02:48 PM EDT
I might have to have a waiver for the hearing test when I go to meps, I've always had slight hearing decrease in left ear and I'm a lot older than I was in '93 now, so I expect I might not pass the hearing.
A recruiter told me, have your ear professionally cleaned the day before by an ear doctor and wear cotton in your ear from then till you arrive at meps.
I've also thought that since my hearing seems to pass for the right ear easily and it's only a 1 ear thing, maybe I could just switch the headset when they sounds start in the left ear.
But they said you can get waivers if it isn't significant anyhow, would make sense, most of the infantry soliders deployed have a hearing decrease after a few months anyhow. And it's not as if I can't hear someone yelling or gunfire or anything.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:05:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Taffy223:
I was UK MoD for 20 yrs and we had annual hearing tests the same as the Royal Air Force. Done in an RAF Medical centre.

The test was done in soundproof box

There is no way I can imagine that test could be cheated.

How is the test done over there?

Cheers

Taffy

Same thing here. I have to sit in that container every year. Pain in the ass.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:06:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CB1:
He worked on a carrier in the 50's and those piston engines are very hard on the ears.

don't cheat man, your only cheating yourself.

Track mounted 120MM Mortar with only one earplug dropped me to me knees two rounds in a row when I was a private. I know it sounds retarded (thats what privates do) but there was no way to hear gun commands with full double hearing protection. My left ear is still jacked up. But everyone is right man. Dont try to cheat it. It is random and if they think you arnt playing the game right the can test pitches again to make sure you are keying in on the beep and not what you think is a timed test.
Top Top