Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 5/25/2003 9:37:22 AM EST
OK, forgive me...I'm sure that this is probably obvious to many of you. What is the squarish bracket sort of thingy that you see on the front of the helmets of our guys in Iraq. I'll dig up a pic if nobody knows what I'm talking about. I'm betting a mount for a video cam or something, but that's just my wild guess. Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I finally had to break down and ask...
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 9:39:14 AM EST
For night vision binocs.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 9:39:50 AM EST
(hint) [:)] [img]http://www.arng.army.mil/guard_images/equipment/Personal_Equipment/pvs7-crop%20out%20weapon.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 9:52:22 AM EST
They are also working on a HUD type system to attach with a small cam mounted on the rifle. This will be for urban combat situations and shooting around corners. The Germans tried something in WWII for that purpose by bending the barrel on a mauser 90 degrees left and mounting a mirror at the bend. This way the guy could shoot around corners and use his sights. It didn't last.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 10:03:27 AM EST
Night Vision! Now I feel much better. I knew about the cam stuff on the Land Warrior system, but didn't think that that was in place yet. Thanks guys
Top Top