Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2005 2:53:14 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:27:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Iv'e been to some denomination meetings other than my own in the Army and they seemed a little "Christian Light" to me, sort of generic. To bad a chaplin can't speak his mind.

On the other hand if you are doing a funeral for some one of another faith you need to keep things more to that faith's beliefs if possible. Just my opinion.

That doesn't keep people from praying before they go out the gate though. And no one sensors them!
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:29:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Our chaplian is not afraid to pray in the name of Jesus or say Merry Christmas.
I don't think he cares.

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 6:48:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Once myself, a Baptist and a Catholic were killing time in the BOQ discussing why the military even had chaplains on the government payroll.  The Baptist said they were absolutely essential to the moral welfare of the troops.  The Catholic just shook his head and said, "No, we put 'em in uniform and on the payroll so they're subject to the UCMJ and we can control what they say."  I think the Catholic probably hit it on the head.  Military religion is like military justice and military music, good for the military but bad for the practice.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:09:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Military Chaplains know the score before they sign up.  Griping about it after the fact is a bit dishonest.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top