Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/18/2006 7:59:15 AM EDT
So we are having an airshow today at the former Mather Air Force Base in Sacramento. New rules:

No backpacks or fanny packs (can't have any suicide bombers)

No airshow event scedules (terrorists might shoot at the Blue Angles you know)

I will post pics later, unless that compromises OpSec...
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:00:49 AM EDT
[#1]
you're lucky if any military jets are there.  the past few airshows i have gone to the military jets were few and far between because they were busy putting warheads on foreheads.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:01:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Ok, Then I will set up my SAM site in the parking lot.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:03:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I grew up on that base. In the late 1970's some idiot kid actually sat out offbase by the runway and took a shot at a KC-135 with a .22 LR rifle...and hit it!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:04:45 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I grew up on that base. In the late 1970's some idiot kid actually sat out offbase by the runway and took a shot at a KC-135 with a .22 LR rifle...and hit it!

Man, at least he didn't use a .50 BMG, or he would have shot it down!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:07:09 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
you're lucky if any military jets are there.  the past few airshows i have gone to the military jets were few and far between because they were busy putting warheads on foreheads.

That's good!

The 1994 show at Edwards AFB, Palmdale CA(60 miles n of Los Angeles) was cancelled because they were too busy in Iraq.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:26:39 AM EDT
[#6]
There's apparently a B-52 and a U-2 if I recall...

It's about $15 at the door though, not worth the drive from here to Mather.

NTM
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top