Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/20/2005 7:29:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/20/2005 7:30:20 PM EDT by Astrogoth]
When asked by Morgan Freeman, a black man, if he was white he responded "No, I'm Jewish". Now pardon me but what the hell does that mean? This is the guy we trust to bring us the most important news of the week??

I am angry.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:32:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/20/2005 7:32:52 PM EDT by Max_Mike]
Hell even Mike Wallace's son said he had gone aound the bend last week.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:32:20 PM EDT
In related news, tonight lots of people just decided to instead say, "I'm not a news anchor. I'm a sentient being."
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:35:48 PM EDT
Just another dumbass Libtard on a guilt trip.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:36:01 PM EDT
I'm quite sure that if Mike had covered the "Civil Unrest" in South Central L.A. the crowds would not have understood his comment either. They would have simply killed him. Get it, High And Mighty Mike?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:37:38 PM EDT
Okay I'm not Jewish but I do remember growing up in Illinois in the 50's and Jewish people were not considered to be "white". Never did understand that and still don't. I'm 3/4 Cherokee and 1/4 German but consider myself American. A persons race is not important to me.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:37:46 PM EDT
Odd indeed.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:42:57 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Astrogoth:
When asked by Morgan Freeman, a black man, if he was white he responded "No, I'm Jewish". Now pardon me but what the hell does that mean? This is the guy we trust to bring us the most important news of the week??

I am angry.

Plenty of Jews look at themselves as being something other than white. Why wouldn't they? If you were of Arab decent would you consider yourself white? How about Turkic?

Even though a lot of modern western Jews have plenty of European ancestors in their bloodline, ultimately they are decendants of a people that Europeans would consider Eastern and non-white.

I think this is where he was coming from.

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:45:07 PM EDT
Being white is so 1700's
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:45:14 PM EDT

Originally Posted By cjk1:
Plenty of Jews look at themselves as being something other than white. Why wouldn't they? If you were of Arab decent would you consider yourself white? How about Turkic?

Even though a lot of modern western Jews have plenty of European ancestors in their bloodline, ultimately they are decendants of a people that Europeans would consider Eastern and non-white.

I think this is where he was coming from.

So then according to some people I am infact african.
Gimme my reperations check bitches!!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:46:10 PM EDT
If you make no genetic distinctions between Whites and Jews, then you must also make no genetic distinctions between Whites and Arabs. All 3 are in the Caucasian line, but Jews and Arabs are Semites, which are distinct from people of European origin.

Wallace said that because he understands being a Jew is more than religion, which I agree with.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:47:36 PM EDT
Anyone see his interview on O'Rielly? No I don't like O'Rielly either, but that Wallace asshole was plain stupid. Why bother agreeing to an interview if you won't answer the questions. Morons. Yeah, Carter was a good president. He basically made the Republican presidents sound dumb or screwed up, while not hinting towards any screwed up Dim presidents.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:48:22 PM EDT
Oh shit. Don't piss of the jews - of which are proud of their heritage - on this board...
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:49:24 PM EDT

He's not an American either.

He's a "journalist".

He admitted years ago that he'd willingly watch American GIs get ambushed and slaughtered rather than warn them and risk losing a "story".

He's one traitor who I'd love to kick in the teeth a few dozen times.

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:52:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Zarathustra1:
If you make no genetic distinctions between Whites and Jews, then you must also make no genetic distinctions between Whites and Arabs. All 3 are in the Caucasian line, but Jews and Arabs are Semites, which are distinct from people of European origin.

Wallace said that because he understands being a Jew is more than religion, which I agree with.

That's a bit of an odd statement.

I hate story problems, please give me your sources... cuz, the apples aren't adding up.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:00:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/20/2005 8:02:51 PM EDT by Astrogoth]

Huh? Where did you dig up that load? Maybe you should change you tag line to "Arbeit Macht Frei" huh? I'm anti Mike Wallace, not anti Jew.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:05:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/20/2005 8:06:14 PM EDT by Zarathustra1]

Originally Posted By Badseed:

I hate story problems, please give me your sources... cuz, the apples aren't adding up.

What are you confused about? It's basic Anthropology.

Jews and Arabs are in the same classification group. They are Semites. Semites are a subgroup in the overall group of Caucasoid, which includes people of European origin.

It's not a big deal really. I was simply commenting that Wallace said what he said because he considers Jews and Whites to be genetically different groups, which I agree with. That, and I'm sure he wanted to buddy up with Freeman as a fellow minority abused by the White Man, which is fairly common too.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:05:37 PM EDT
I think 'ol Mike is really startin to lose it. He was mocking Charleton Heston at a Brady function.

http://www.nraila.org/News/Read/InTheNews.aspx?ID=6705

Support our troops
americansnipers.org
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:09:28 PM EDT

This is the guy we trust to bring us the most important news of the week??

He's one of the protoypical MainStream Media mouthpieces.

I don't trust him (or the rest) for shit.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:12:40 PM EDT
oooyyyyyy!!!!

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:13:29 PM EDT
Folks, you can argue it till the end of time, but Judaism and Jews are not a race. It is a religion. A group of people that will allow anyone to convert and join the marriage group is not a race. At one time if you are a believer in Biblical stories they were but even in the begening were intermixing.

If an eskimo converts to Judaism and marries a Nigerian convert to Judaism, They are both as Jewish as Shlomo down the street and so are their children, who are free to marry Shlomo's children and it does indeed happen.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:13:39 PM EDT

Jews and Arabs are in the same classification group. They are Semites. Semites are a subgroup in the overall group of Caucasoid, which includes people of European origin.

It's not a big deal really. I was simply commenting that Wallace said what he said because he considers Jews and Whites to be genetically different groups, which I agree with. That, and I'm sure he wanted to buddy up with Freeman as a fellow minority abused by the White Man, which is fairly common too.

I appreciate your reply, which is informative.

Now, I decide for myself which pile has the greatest stink.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:15:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By neshomamench:
Folks, you can argue it till the end of time, but Judaism and Jews are not a race. It is a religion. A group of people that will allow anyone to convert and join the marriage group is not a race. At one time if you are a believer in Biblical stories they were but even in the begening were intermixing.

If an eskimo converts to Judaism and marries a Nigerian convert to Judaism, They are both as Jewish as Shlomo down the street and so are their children, who are free to marry Shlomo's children and it does indeed happen.

Go argue that with an orthodox Rabbi after he has had a few glasses of wine...
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:15:49 PM EDT
...!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:16:49 PM EDT

Ok.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:23:28 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Noname:
www.cs.ucsd.edu/users/nsegerli/sammyDavisJr.jpg...!

Alrightee! I guess Jews ain't white!

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:27:10 PM EDT

Originally Posted By neshomamench:

Go argue that with an orthodox Rabbi after he has had a few glasses of wine...

I dont need to, I am a former Yeshiva Bocher and an Orthodox Jew myself.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:32:37 PM EDT
If you were following the conversation between Wallace and Freeman the subject came up obliquely. Freeman said "we should just stop talking about race". He didn't want his friends to have to identify him as black (some of my best friends are black, jewish, etc. take your choice) and he didn't want to have to identify his friends by color either. Wallace said something about having Black History Month. Freeman said he didn't like it or need it and asked Wallace if he wanted White History Month. Wallace mumbled and then came up with a "save" of sorts by saying that he was ahemmmmm.....Jewish to which Freeman just replied, "OK, then Jewish History Month" and Wallace said no, he didn't need it either.

I thought Freeman came off as a unique individual (flies his own plane and sails his boat solo in the Caribbean) and Wallace as just another agitator. Freeman did make a statement that he dislikes the confederate part of the Mississippi state flag but he said he's willing to forgive but never forget. He's a partner with a guy in a restaurant/bar/music venue that, though it loses money he supports anyway because he can, I guess. I won't say what color his business partner is...you'd know if you watched the show.

Freeman's wife seemed pretty down to earth.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:41:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/20/2005 8:43:59 PM EDT by Badseed]

Originally Posted By nightstalker:
If you were following the conversation between Wallace and Freeman the subject came up obliquely. Freeman said "we should just stop talking about race". He didn't want his friends to have to identify him as black (some of my best friends are black, jewish, etc. take your choice) and he didn't want to have to identify his friends by color either. Wallace said something about having Black History Month. Freeman said he didn't like it or need it and asked Wallace if he wanted White History Month. Wallace mumbled and then came up with a "save" of sorts by saying that he was ahemmmmm.....Jewish to which Freeman just replied, "OK, then Jewish History Month" and Wallace said no, he didn't need it either.

I thought Freeman came off as a unique individual (flies his own plane and sails his boat solo in the Caribbean) and Wallace as just another agitator. Freeman did make a statement that he dislikes the confederate part of the Mississippi state flag but he said he's willing to forgive but never forget. He's a partner with a guy in a restaurant/bar/music venue that, though it loses money he supports anyway because he can, I guess. I won't say what color his business partner is...you'd know if you watched the show.

Covered quite well in a previous post, i guess this gets the post count up....

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=418519

You can nearly always search.
I bet you didn't think of that, though.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:42:34 PM EDT
We need the Farahkan pic . Your whiteness sickitates me one.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:58:54 PM EDT
I'm not white, I'm anglo-saxon-american.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:07:00 PM EDT
I'm not white I'm jewish = I'm not black I'm methodist = I'm not Asian I'm catholic

It's all lame bullshit.

Mike Wallace kills a guy on the street.

Witness account: Well, I saw an old Jewish guy with black hair and glasses shoot him, Mr. Policeman. More details Maam.....well he was 6'8'' and...well, you know...Jewish.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:09:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/20/2005 9:10:16 PM EDT by Spade]
Saying I'm "white" lumps me in with the English, Russians, and Northern Italians. And we can't have that.

Anyway, "race" is a stupid made of concept anyway. Heritage is, imo, important and stuff, but "race" is bs.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:13:05 PM EDT
Judaism is a tribal religion.

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:35:37 PM EDT

I am angry.

Well, if schadenfreude is your thing, I saw Mike Wallace at RR Airport and it looke dlike he lost his luggage. He kept walking back and forth between the luggage belt and baggage claim office.

Arfcom is everywhere.... watching.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:38:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/20/2005 10:42:34 PM EDT by DukeSnookems]

What's so hard to understand here? Everytime there is a discussion about Jewish people, some uneducated person screams it's not a race, it's a religion. Well it's both people and it's not that complicated.

The diaspora sent Jews from Israel all over the world. Jews who settled in the Iberian peninsula came to be known as Sephardi Jews, and further East were the Ashkenazim. Jewish people tended to stick among themselves (for the most part) therefore maintaining distinct genetics from the Spaniards, Germans, Russians, etc.. around them. That is why there are genetic diseases such as Canavan, Tay-Sachs, and others that affect Jewish people much more frequently than "white people". Naturally they practiced Judaism, but since Judaism is a religion that anyone can join, that does not mean a person of Jewish faith is Jewish by race, but most people who practice Judaism have a Jewish bloodline.

ETA: This does not mean that the different Jewish subgroups are genetically identical with respect to each other which naturally they are not being separated by thousands of years.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:58:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Spade:
Saying I'm "white" lumps me in with the English, Russians, and Northern Italians. And we can't have that.

Anyway, "race" is a stupid made of concept anyway. Heritage is, imo, important and stuff, but "race" is bs.

ALL YOUR SCIENCE ARE BELONG TO US
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:23:00 PM EDT
I watched the whole interview with my father, and we both thought, 1. Morgan Freeman had some good points and really gave it to Mike on race, Freeman's whole "why dont people stop talkin bout it, were all Americans" was a good point, 2. Mike saying he is not white when he's states he is a jew is a sign of him trying to just stay in the discussion with Morgan, religion and race I thought were two different things...

Anyways I was very impressed with Morgan Freeman's interview and talk, Mike W, well he was disapointing, and quite frankly, I think he sucks and needs to retire.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:38:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DukeSnookems:

What's so hard to understand here? Everytime there is a discussion about Jewish people, some uneducated person screams it's not a race, it's a religion. Well it's both people and it's not that complicated.

The diaspora sent Jews from Israel all over the world. Jews who settled in the Iberian peninsula came to be known as Sephardi Jews, and further East were the Ashkenazim. Jewish people tended to stick among themselves (for the most part) therefore maintaining distinct genetics from the Spaniards, Germans, Russians, etc.. around them. That is why there are genetic diseases such as Canavan, Tay-Sachs, and others that affect Jewish people much more frequently than "white people". Naturally they practiced Judaism, but since Judaism is a religion that anyone can join, that does not mean a person of Jewish faith is Jewish by race, but most people who practice Judaism have a Jewish bloodline.

ETA: This does not mean that the different Jewish subgroups are genetically identical with respect to each other which naturally they are not being separated by thousands of years.

Not disputing your facts, but as a matter of semantics, wouldn't the racial component be better described as 'Hebrew', and the religious component 'Jewish'?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:21:20 AM EDT
I'm not white.

On close inspection sorta pink-tan.

Rick The Swede

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:25:41 AM EDT
I asked, I'd look at my skin and, go; "I'm caucasian...Or...."White" in modern parlance, and you are "black" in modern parlance.

We clear?

Just checking.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:14:53 AM EDT
He's not white. He just plays one on TV.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:30:42 AM EDT

Freeman's wife seemed pretty down to earth.

I guess this is an attempted thread hijack, but anyway Morgan Freeman is a cool guy. He owns a restaurant in Clarksdale, MS which isn't to far from where I live. It's a pretty rough town, but he doesn't seem to mind. He also owns a house over there somewhere as well. He frequently comes to my hometown to shop, and from what I have heard he is just a regular guy and very polite. Just don't get in his face and start asking him about this movie or that movie, he just wants to be a regular guy when he's not making a movie. My cousin used to have a little coffee shop downtown and he came in there quite often. I have heard his wife is very nice and down to earth as well.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:40:12 AM EDT

I am angry.

So Jewish is a color? Geez libs!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:54:46 AM EDT

Originally Posted By MMcCall:

Originally Posted By DukeSnookems:

Not disputing your facts, but as a matter of semantics, wouldn't the racial component be better described as 'Hebrew', and the religious component 'Jewish'?

Hebrew is a language. A full blooded middle eastern Jew's race would be Semitic. Most of the Jews you see in the US probably have more DNA of European origin than from ancient Israel. Not that it really matters, I guess people can be whatever they want to think of themselves as being.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:58:51 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Javak: He's not white. He just plays one on TV.
I don't think he's Jewish either, he's just playing one on TV.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:00:10 AM EDT

there isn't any diff. arabs are white, just like italians, greeks, spaniards, etc. being jewish is more than a religion to some extent because there's also a culture built up around being jewish but guess what, you're still white!

it all comes down to wanting to feel "spayshul". not some run-of-the-mill vanilla white guy who built civilization as we know it...same goes for latinos...WHIIIIIITE!!!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:13:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/21/2005 6:26:59 AM EDT by gunman0]
It's the liberal trend to identify yourself in some way as a minority. Noone wants wants to say they are "white", and be identified as the evil landowning scum opressors of the populace.

This is what needs to be eliminated, it goes directly against the melting pot idea, and is what slowly destroys nations. We are one culture, American. There are many colors, ethnicities, and religions, but one culture. Multi-culturalism breeds divides in nations that have been the cause of many civil wars.

I totally understand Morgan Freeman's perspective to not be identified by a race/tribe/religion, but just as a person, an American. Although the idea to never call someone black or white is silly, to never identify it arbitrarily is a good idea. You don't need to preface John is my black friend when noone is around, but it might be good when pointing them out from across a crowded room.

Mike Wallace is white. Most Jewish people are white, because white IS NOT AN ETHNICITYor RACE. IT IS A COLOR OF SKIN. If you are asked which guy is Mike, and he is standing in the middle of a crowd of black people, you are going to say, "look for the white guy." Not look for the Jewish guy. The best example of this rediculousness is boxing commentary. A white guy and a black guy are fighting, for all we know they could both be hispanic, that's not important, but the most obvious attributes are one is white one is black. Do the announcers say John is the black guy, and Bill is the white guy? No, they say John is the guy in black shorts with red trim, and Bill is the guy in black shorts with orange trim. So you have to stare at the shorts and hope to figure out which one is which while they are discussing their careers and points each round. I actually have seen a couple boxing matches where they use the trim color, just the word printed on the wasteband's color, as the identifying feature when the two fighters have extremely different skin tones. Why is this done? Because noone wants to be accused of identifying a person in a manner other than how the person would prefer, because that is the current PC thing.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:29:03 AM EDT

I am angry.

There is the Jewish religion and the Jewish ethnicity. they are not the same. You can be a Catholic or Muslim ethnic Jew. You can be black, Hispanic, Asian or White and practise the Jewish faith.

A Jew who says he is not white is dsaying he is an ethnic jew and making no statement of his religous beliefs.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:34:09 AM EDT
According to the Senseless Bureau, there are two primary classifications -- race and ethnicity. The race categories are "White," "Black or African American," "American indian and Alaska Native," and "Asian," Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander." "Hispanic" is an ethnicity and can be any race.

Me, I'm Scottish.

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:43:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/21/2005 8:58:40 AM EDT by nightstalker]

Covered quite well in a previous post, i guess this gets the post count up....

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=418519

You can nearly always search.
I bet you didn't think of that, though.

Sometimes, I don't bother to read 6 pages (or even 2) when I know what I want to say. If someone else has said it then just consider it a "+1" and be on your way. I guess you have more time to burn than most.

ETA...in fairness what should I have "searched". If there's a quick way to see (short of reading all the posts) if my opinion has been already put forth I'm here to learn.

In further defense I've been on vacation for a week and NOT on the net. Read "Freakonomics" and a book on Geology theory. Awesome stuff.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top