Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2006 8:01:50 PM EDT
Meet a Sensible Gun Law Activist:
MICHAEL DOUGLAS

Michael DouglasMichael Douglas has played a lot of roles and won a lot of awards — including two Oscars. But last November he won a different kind of award. He was honored at the Brady Center's "Stand Up for a Safe America" event in New York for his role as an outspoken advocate for commonsense solutions to reduce the number of deaths caused by guns.

From serving as a United Nations Messenger for Peace to filming a powerful public service announcement for the Brady Center about the dangers of guns in the home, Michael Douglas has worked long and passionately to make this world a safer and saner place to live.

What motivates the successful and busy actor to devote so much time and energy to this cause?

"I was there the night John Lennon was shot, three blocks away," he says. "It left a lasting impression on me." Douglas' father, actor Kirk Douglas, once put a gun to his head in a moment of despair. Fortunately, he came to his senses before pulling the trigger. Michael Douglas lives with the knowledge of what could have happened. He's very conscious, as he said in a 2002 public service campaign, that, "You can't unpull a trigger."
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:04:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Michael Douglas: Another Lefty Liberal POS who has too much money and time to dedicate reducing the freedom of all Americans. He has a Hot wife. He should spend more time with her.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:05:51 PM EDT
[#2]
hes a dick....film at eleven.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:08:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Michael Douglas: Another Lefty Liberal POS who has too much money and time to dedicate reducing the freedom of all Americans. He has a Hot wife. He should spend more time with her.

correction: enough money and status that the laws don't really matter for him anyway.  if guns are banned, he will still be able to get them because he would NEED them.  Think Sean Penn walking around NOLA with a shotgun.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:09:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn and all this time I was living an illusion. I'm going to give up my guns tomorrow. The thought of Michael Douglas being so close when John Lennon was killed has changed me into a new man.....  
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:11:47 PM EDT
[#5]
wow the brady propaganda center is working overtime to get out those report cards and press releases formated to look like actual printed articles this week.A 2002 quote from Michael Douglas wow, just wow.

Oh thats right Hollywood celebrities that grew up w/ a gold plated spoon in thier mouth know better than the rest of us what must be done to fix societys ills. Of course, how silly of me to forget that!
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:14:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Of course THE all time grand champion of hypocrisy was the night Hanoi Jane Fonda and her then-hubby Tom Hayden had a prowler on their exclusive home's property.

Hearing the police dispatch, the press rushed to the scene to find Jane and Tom flourishing PISTOLS.

When asked if that wasn't just a little unseemly given their tireless work in gun-banning, Jane snapped:
"That's for OTHER people not US".
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:42:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Yesterday a woman I work with said, "Catherine Zeta-Jones seems to be pretty intelligent."

I replied, "Expect for marrying Michael Douglas."

She just had a blank look on her face, like, "WTF?"
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:46:42 AM EDT
[#8]

Douglas' father, actor Kirk Douglas, once put a gun to his head in a moment of despair. Fortunately, he came to his senses before pulling the trigger. Michael Douglas lives with the knowledge of what could have happened.

So close. Damn, we were so close to being spared all this bullshit.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:52:40 AM EDT
[#9]
As Archie Bunker says, "Would you prefer if they was pushed out a window?"
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:55:44 AM EDT
[#10]
He was 3 blocks away when Lennon was shot, but he was "there".  I'm sure he didn't know anything about it until he saw it on the news.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:06:10 AM EDT
[#11]

Correction.

It should read, "Meet another person who was once traumatized by an incident involving a gun (father) who is now against gun ownership".

Why can't these people EVER say ANYTHING honestly and truthfully?

This is why we have a representative democracy.  So emotionally charged issues have some opportunity to be debated rationally.

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:31:40 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Correction.

It should read, "Meet another person who was once traumatized by an incident involving a gun (father) who is now against gun ownership".

Why can't these people EVER say ANYTHING honestly and truthfully?

This is why we have a representative democracy.  So emotionally charged issues have some opportunity to be debated rationally.

why? because if we just blame the gun, the solution is easy. ban guns.

if we acknowledge the real problem, our welfare and gang culture, well that takes real time and effort to fix, along with realizing some of our shortcomings as a society and staring squarely at certain truths that are un-PC.

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:31:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Three blocks away from where John Lennon was shot…. Wow.

I’m living about 50 yards from where a woman was murdered. She was working in a convenience store when a couple of wannabe-gangstas decided to rob her for drug money.

One of them (Skinny white fucker) goes in with a shotgun and no shirt. (Tattoos helped identify him). He had a shotgun but, as I understand it, he beat the woman to death with it. The other guy (white, fat, moron) drives the getaway car. The fat moron got real upset after he had been in jail for a day and complained to police that “You’re treating me like a murderer, all I did was drive the getaway car!” (Congratulations Bitch, you just confessed to capital murder.)

Anyway, if the poor woman had been armed, the skinny white fucker would likely be dead now instead of being a prison fuck doll. (Along with his fat friend.) But, the most important thing is that the woman would probably be alive right now.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:35:26 AM EDT
[#14]
"michael douglas come outta the closet"
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:47:19 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
"michael douglas come outta the closet"

This is where I would have posted in bright red "FUCK MICHAEL DOUGLAS" but now it would look ghey.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:00:23 AM EDT
[#16]

"I was there the night John Lennon was shot, three blocks away," he says. "It left a lasting impression on me."

Yea, so fucking what... I WAS there the night John Lennon was shot, only 960 miles away. It affected me profoundly. Not him being shot, per se, but the fact that some stupid loser fuck would actually kill somebody and claim to be a "fan". What a piece of shit.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:02:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Someone needs to change Mike's diapers.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:15:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Another person in need of a severe beating by baseball bat...just to prove to them that guns aren't the only way to get hurt....

dipshit Hollyweirdo....
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:22:48 AM EDT
[#19]
That phat arse limp d*** is probably too pot bellied to be in Basic Instinct #2.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:40:09 AM EDT
[#20]
We need a ban on actors that spew shit. They need to STFU when it comes to crap like this and just fucking entertain us. Do your fucking job, that is what we pay you for.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:43:34 AM EDT
[#21]
This is the third time this exact post has showed up in the last six months or so.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:45:56 AM EDT
[#22]
My brother killed himself with a gun.  Didn't make me anti-gun.  I did make me look at the way we treat mental illness.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:49:30 AM EDT
[#23]

What about all the movies Mike has been in that invovled GUNS and KILLING??

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top