Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2002 6:49:56 AM EDT
A few weeks ago on American Shooter, they profiled Mike Dillon (Dillon Precision) and his toys.  They showed him flying around in a jet trainer, and it looked like he was out doing live fire strafing runs in the desert (on private property) along with shooting some really cool mini guns and a 4x.50.  I can't find the previous post on what he was flying and if he was actually using live ammo in the strafing runs (which my friend says is forbidden, as civilian aircraft can't have weapons).  Can anyone please settle this argument for me???  Thanks.
S-n-F

edited because I can't even remember the guy's name, how would you all expect me to remember the type of aircraft used[:\]...thanks for the heads up on the name....[:D]
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 7:06:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I think it was some of his prop aircraft that have the guns. Yes they shoot live ammo and yes it was stated in the show that he has had the local police and the ATF to his ranch and none of them have a problem with what he does. I think he has a mini on his helicopter too. Not 100% sure on that one but I think he does.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 7:59:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 1:42:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Mike Dillon is the coolest guy in the world.

That episode of American Shooter is my all-time favorite.
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 1:48:20 PM EDT
[#4]
... My buddy Mike is the real thing. He doesn't do prop!
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 3:17:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I didn't see the show so I can't say for certainty what jet trainer he might have been flying. He used to have a Tempco(?) T2 Super Pinto which was designed IIRC for the Navy, neat looking little 2 seat trainer. Not nearly as neat as Chuck Thorntons T38 Talon though. So many toys, so little cash (sigh).

Don in Ohio
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 3:36:22 PM EDT
[#6]
From [url]http://www.montysminiguns.com/RealityPage.htm[/url]

UPDATE 7/2002
The M134 Minigun is Back in Production

After 23 years out of production the 7.62mm Minigun is being once again manufactured by Dillon-Aeromotive a division of Dillon Precision Products, the reloading supply people. Dillon has reengineered the feeder/delinker assembly & it is reported their new system is much more reliable than the old GE designs. A ammo jam that took 30 mins to clear now can be done in less than 5 with their new system. If you have a larger model, they are sold & serviced by General Dynamics They make a nice one to go on your Hummer

Now, if you have a 7.62mm minigun & need a part, or have a model minigun and want a real mount for it, don't bother emailing them. They only sell to governments, their customer service people don't give a tinkers damn about you, they won't answer questions about anything or answer emails, even if you are doing them a favor & letting them know one of their other email systems is down.

Like I said, they won't answer emails, but they DO like to show their new miniguns off & did put a site together about their new miniguns. So if your brother-in-law happens to be the head of the defense department of some little out of the way "U.S. Friendly" country & is in the market for some new hardware to fight the new "Axis Of Evil" terrorist empire.. Sorry, I need to apologise.. it's just that "Axis of Eeevilll" thing sounds so much like a bad 1980's B movie title, it is so hard to imagine a 6 foot tall arab on kidney dialasis in the middle of a god forsaken desert could be that hard to find..But what do I know? Anyway, check out their new videos.. These are all links to Dillons web site, it is all their stuff, on their web site & their servers. And FIY the new Miniguns, they are about $55,000 each..
View Quote

if he remfgs them he has to test them right??? :D
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top