Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2006 11:43:22 AM EDT

I placed an order. All of the products were in their sales flyer. 3 of the 4 items I wanted to order were out of stock.

So I went with 3 of the 4 items.

They told me they would ship the one item they had and back order the other two. No problem. But then they said they would be charging me shipping TWICE! They penalize me, because they don't have what they are advertising.

I should have canceled the order, but those 3 items are hard to come by around here. And I haven't found them on the web anywhere.

So I told them I wasn't happy about it, but ok.

So the first item arrives. Good.

Then, today the second item arrives and HEY! where's the third item? So I open the one box to find my rifle stock that I ordered, is not the rifle stock I ordered. Some dickhead at their warehouse must have decided that a regular Remington 700 rifle stock is the same thing as a Remington 700 PSS stock. Real nice.

And where was the 3rd item? They don't have it, and they aren't going to get it. I am out of luck.

So now I have to send the rifle stock back that they sent me and they said they didn't know exactly when they would get the Remington PSS stock in.

Midway...I WILL NEVER PURCHASE FROM YOU AGAIN. AND EVERYONE I SEE, I WILL TELL THEM TO STEER CLEAR.

How I feel.....Midway     Me

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:47:23 AM EDT
[#1]

I should have canceled the order

So ya knew better, but did it anyway?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:47:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:48:46 AM EDT
[#3]
No, You are the suck!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:52:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, I hate it too when they put something in the flyer that is backordered.  Seems kinda bass-ackwards to me, but oh well.  I've only ordered from them a couple times, but both times it has been this way.  And even though they have an expected date for backorder items, I don't think that's a very reliable date.

But they have a huge selection, as far as I can tell they have decent prices... so I'll probably continue to shop with them- but I am now less likely to order something that is backordered.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:58:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 11:58:32 AM EDT
[#6]
lippo, FWIW, I don't know if you have ever ordered from Brownells but I have never had anything but great service from them.  Just thought you might want a suggestion for another place to shop.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:01:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry to hear that, I have had good experiences with them including having my order resent after UPS bungled it and lost it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:07:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I have had the opposite experience. In fact their service to me has been so good that I have been slowly sucked into the Midway vortex- stopped comparison shopping for the most part.

Since their prices were raised I've gone back to cruising the web. Picked up some Redding dies yesterday from Midsouth Shooters Supply at a lower price.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:48:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I've never had problems with them, but then I've never gone for big sweat items anyway.  As far as not being in the flyer and not in stock, that can happen when you check with your vendor and he assures yopu wh will have it for you in time, when you have the lead time for the flyer and then after the flyer is put to bed he falls through.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:51:55 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Sorry to hear that, I have had good experiences with them including having my order resent after UPS bungled it and lost it.

+1 ... I also like MidWay.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:18:17 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I've never had problems with them, but then I've never gone for big sweat items anyway.  As far as not being in the flyer and not in stock, that can happen when you check with your vendor and he assures yopu wh will have it for you in time, when you have the lead time for the flyer and then after the flyer is put to bed he falls through.

Yeah, that's a big no-no in my mind. If you are going to advertise something, at least have it in stock. Or at least...some of the items.

Midway sucks. Shipping is too high. Double shipping when they screw up. And for the most part, if you guys look, their prices are higher than other places. The only reason I ordered from them and thought I would give them my business, is...they had tipton rods and the Rem PSS stock. I haven't been able to find those items anywhere without paying with one of my testicles.

As for you guys that think Midway is ok. Then you haven't checked most of their prices, nor I doubt you mind getting a double shipping bill when they don't have what they list.

Screw Midway. They will NEVER any of my money again.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:19:38 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
No, You are the suck!

Yeah, and the day I'm having, I'd say you are right.  Me     Today
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:22:40 PM EDT
[#13]
I've always had good luck with Midway.  Yes, their prices are higher, but they give C&R holders dealer prices when many cheaper places won't.  That and their fast shipping, large stock and good customer service (at least to me anyway) make them my first stop when I'm looking for something.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:24:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Sorry guys, I've had nothing but good luck with them.

On the things I order the prices have been competitive.  Of course that was before I got my C&R, now the prices kick ass.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:26:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Same thing with me..........

out of stock

backordered

shipped wrong item

I sent it all back and don't give them a dime of my money.....
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:28:25 PM EDT
[#16]
WOW Just WOW.. I place a daily order with them and brownells. And I have nothing but good things to say about both..

To me it just sounds like you got a bit of sand in your magina..

Maybe a box of this might help..

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:31:40 PM EDT
[#17]

I placed an order. All of the products were in their sales flyer. 3 of the 4 items I wanted to order were out of stock.
Nothing personal but you are not the only one that gets the flyer and you are not the only one that orders these items. Out of stock is very common on flyer items that are on sale or even if not on sale are in the flyer.So I went with 3 of the 4 items.

They told me they would ship the one item they had and back order the other two. No problem. But then they said they would be charging me shipping TWICE! They penalize me, because they don't have what they are advertising.
Everyone does this. What you should have done is asked them to eat the cost of shipping for you. If they didnt want to do this for you, CANCEL-CANCEL-CANCEL.

I should have canceled the order, but those 3 items are hard to come by around here. And I haven't found them on the web anywhere.

Then, today the second item arrives and HEY! where's the third item? So I open the one box to find my rifle stock that I ordered, is not the rifle stock I ordered. Some dickhead at their warehouse must have decided that a regular Remington 700 rifle stock is the same thing as a Remington 700 PSS stock.  Real nice.
Someone screwed up in the shipping dept. I am sure they were not out to get you. Ask them to send a call tag for the item. I have bafore and they have done it for me. I am no one special, just a regular customer.
And where was the 3rd item? They don't have it, and they aren't going to get it. I am out of luck.

So now I have to send the rifle stock back that they sent me and they said they didn't know exactly when they would get the Remington PSS stock in.

Midway...I WILL NEVER PURCHASE FROM YOU AGAIN. AND EVERYONE I SEE, I WILL TELL THEM TO STEER CLEAR.

How I feel.....Midway  Me

I have bought from them for years w/o any issue that wasnt resolved to my satisfaction. They are a great company to buy from. I hate to hear you had this may problems with them. Try talking to them. Hopefully they will work this out with you.
I have never had an issue that they didnt go out of their way to make right for me.
They are a great company. Dont write them off yet. Just my .02. Good luck.

EDITED TO ADD: Nice one Fat.

I was trying to take the high road for once. The nicer side. This is the new side of me my wife said I needed to show. I am not sure how long this will last.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:33:39 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
WOW Just WOW.. I place a daily order with them and brownells. And I have nothing but good things to say about both..

a1468.g.akamai.net/f/1468/580/1d/pics.drugstore.com/prodimg/26528/300.jpg

Good one.

But really, I haven't seen this level of bad customer service in a long time.

Large stock my ass, they don't have anything they advertise. Oh, I'm sorry, it's backordered. If you like people that advertise things they don't have, then be my guest and take it up the tailpipe for all I care.

Midway is the suck!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:36:14 PM EDT
[#19]
I've only ordered from Midway a few times, and I don't recall having any problems.  I've ordered from Brownells many, many times, and I've always been impressed with them.... crazy fast shipping.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:36:23 PM EDT
[#20]
No really I do place a daily order.. The secret is don't order if its out of stock!!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:42:31 PM EDT
[#21]

No really I do place a daily order.. The secret is don't order if its out of stock!!

Your freakin killing me here.

I've only ordered from Midway a few times, and I don't recall having any problems. I've ordered from Brownells many, many times, and I've always been impressed with them.... crazy fast shipping.

Thats the truth. They do ship rather fast. Midway does also. If they get the order by 2:00 central it goes that day. Its here ground two days flat. Shipping always runs me around 9-12.00.
I got a nice little friend there many years ago that set my rate no matter what or how much comes to me.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:45:05 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Nothing personal but you are not the only one that gets the flyer and you are not the only one that orders these items. Out of stock is very common on flyer items that are on sale or even if not on sale are in the flyer.So I went with 3 of the 4 items.

Everyone does this. What you should have done is asked them to eat the cost of shipping for you. If they didnt want to do this for you, CANCEL-CANCEL-CANCEL.

Then, today the second item arrives and HEY! where's the third item? So I open the one box to find my rifle stock that I ordered, is not the rifle stock I ordered. Some dickhead at their warehouse must have decided that a regular Remington 700 rifle stock is the same thing as a Remington 700 PSS stock.  Real nice.
Someone screwed up in the shipping dept. I am sure they were not out to get you. Ask them to send a call tag for the item. I have bafore and they have done it for me. I am no one special, just a regular customer.

How I feel.....Midway  Me

I have bought from them for years w/o any issue that wasnt resolved to my satisfaction. They are a great company to buy from. I hate to hear you had this may problems with them. Try talking to them. Hopefully they will work this out with you.
I have never had an issue that they didnt go out of their way to make right for me.
They are a great company. Dont write them off yet. Just my .02. Good luck.

I tried talking to them. TWICE. They wouldn't do ANYTHING about the shipping. EVERY OTHER company that I have ordered from and they have to back order, they do NOT double charge you for shipping. That's just a plain rip off.   If you like getting ripped off. Good for you, but I do not.

I know companies run out of stock when they have a sale. But these assholes put out a flyer, order the stuff from the vendor and "hope" it arrives in time for the sale. 3 out of 4 items were NOT IN. Not sold out...THEY DID NOT COME IN! Yeah, this is a good way of doing business.

After talking with them, they didn't change anything for me, except..."Oh, someone must have screwed up"...AFTER they told me I must be wrong. And that the stock I have "MUST" be the PSS stock.   I got a, "Just send it back and we'll see if that other stock comes in. It may or may not."  I know the difference between the regular Rem stock and the PSS that was advertised. I even have a regular Rem stock on another rifle. These dickheads accuse me of not knowing what I am talking about. They advertised a stock, I bought it, they sent the wrong one, even after I waited for it to be back ordered, then accuse me of being stupid when I KNOW I got screwed.

I was always taught to treat the customer with respect, not accuse them of not knowing what they are talking about. I tried to be polite and patient, but this just grinds my goat.

Good prices...  Good service...  If you got either, feel lucky.

Midways customer service, their policies, their business practices SUCK!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:47:34 PM EDT
[#23]
What the hell is "Grinds my goat"?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:48:42 PM EDT
[#24]
You should order from UWS or Botach.  They are much better.

Seriously, I've only had one problem with Midway and they fixed it right away.  I'll order from them again.

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:50:18 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

It means, it pisses you off.

I've heard it all my life. I thought it was a term most were aware of.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:56:34 PM EDT
[#26]
I've been ordering from Midway for several years, now.  Never had a problem with them.  I shop around a little more now that I have to pay shipping, but I'm still doing business with them.

CO
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:57:22 PM EDT
[#27]
If something is on "backorder" [always ask when you order] I just do not buy it. That includes everybody, whether or not they are a gun related company.

They did me good on the type 57 M14 mags I ordered. To bad they ran out.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:03:11 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh! Roger that.

Now back on subject.
I agree with the fact that you want satisfaction especially if they try to make you out to be stupid.
Nothing pisses me off more than when someone tries to do that. God knows I don't need anyones help trying to make me look stupid. I do fine by myself.
Are they not willing to credit shipping or issue a call tag to pick up the stock? Its not that I don't believe you but it doesn't sound like them at all.
I guess I have been fortunate enough that I have not had this problem with them.
As far as ordering something and they tell me its out of stock, I don't mind paying the separate shipping for it to arrive at a later date. Either way I have to pay shipping. Sometimes it may be only a couple of dollars or even more.
Thats the price I am willing to pay to wait for what I want.
Good luck and I would not take no for an answer on the shipping for the stock they screwed up on.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:06:49 PM EDT
[#29]
I have had both good and bad service with Midway.  The double shipping charge sucks, but they DID tell you,didn't they?  

I just order what is in stock to avoid it.

The FFL discount helps.

Brownell's is good as well.

Comparison shopping is free on the innerweb.  You should  try it sometime.

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:29:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Midway user here. I mainly only order when their stuff is on sale, but their prices aren't bad, and knowing that I am ordering from a reputable company who will not charge my CC until it is shipped or send be a bunch of spam is good too.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:32:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Since 2000 I've placed 32 orders with Midway for a total of just over $2,795.

I've had NO (repeat, NO) problems with them.

Having said that, I haven't placed an order with them since July of '05.  No problems with them, I just haven't needed anything.  However, I doubt their customer service has decayed that much since then.

I'll keep using them.  Just not as much as I did before the Sportsman's Warehouse opened five minutes from my house.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:41:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Order from them all the time...

They hire knowledgable sales staff... and they have some fo the best prices around...

NEVER had a problem with them, and I have ordered from them at least 50 times if not more...
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:41:48 PM EDT
[#33]
I put in almost weekly orders from Midway, mostly online, The prices with the C&R dicount are excellent.  Shipping is fast. I have yet to have a problem
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:44:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Ordering fairly regularly with them since 2002 and never had a problem.  

Love the C&R discount.

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:51:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Okay, I'm really sorry that you are the suck, or I said you were...I must have been in a funk.

I have had really great service from Midway, and I just can't believe that they would pass up the opportunity to make this right with you.  It's unfortunate that they didn't have in stock what they advertised, though this can happen as said before.  I truly believe they are absolutely great to deal with, and I do so quite often.

I hope this can be fixed.

Bryan
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:19:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Maybe I’ve been lucky, but I’ve had pretty good dealings with dealings with Midway.

I did have one incident about a year ago where part of an order was briefly back-ordered and I had to pay shipping for two separate shipments.

This wouldn’t have irritated me (after all, they did have to pay shipping twice) except that both orders were shipped out the same day - and the back-order was actually delivered before the original order!  

Still, they have an enormous selection.  I dislike having to go to a variety of vendors – sometimes folks I’ve never even heard of - for single purchases.  I’m willing to pay a bit more for convenience and for knowing I’m giving my CC number to a reputable outfit.

Plus I find that, in general, their dealer prices are actually a bit less than Brownells dealer prices (with occasional exceptions, like Dewey rods).

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:34:14 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

a1468.g.akamai.net/f/1468/580/1d/pics.drugstore.com/prodimg/26528/300.jpg

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:39:19 PM EDT
[#38]
i NEVER EVER backorder. no matter what. i wait until someone has it in stock before i order. ALWAYS. you must learn this rule. it will save you ALOT of trouble.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:56:25 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh! Roger that.

Now back on subject.
I agree with the fact that you want satisfaction especially if they try to make you out to be stupid.
Nothing pisses me off more than when someone tries to do that. God knows I don't need anyones help trying to make me look stupid. I do fine by myself.
Are they not willing to credit shipping or issue a call tag to pick up the stock? Its not that I don't believe you but it doesn't sound like them at all.
I guess I have been fortunate enough that I have not had this problem with them.
As far as ordering something and they tell me its out of stock, I don't mind paying the separate shipping for it to arrive at a later date. Either way I have to pay shipping. Sometimes it may be only a couple of dollars or even more.
Thats the price I am willing to pay to wait for what I want.
Good luck and I would not take no for an answer on the shipping for the stock they screwed up on.

They will reimburse my credit card for the return shipping. However I am stuck with the original shipping, even though they sent me the wrong thing and it looks like I won't get the original item either. So I get sent the wrong stock, I won't get the one I ordered and they'll still charge me for the original shipping.

Midway can kiss my ass. And I can't believe that all of you order "as much" as you do without problems or without having a bunch of back orders. Sounds like some of you don't mind paying for shipping, TWICE, because the company does not know how to run their business. You like to get screwed, good for you.

I have purchased THOUSANDS of dollars worth of bicycle stuff over the years and have had many back orders. I have only had to pay for ONE shipping charge. Never TWO. Midway is making extra money on double shipping charges and so they can say they have lower prices. They make up that difference by not having the items, then charging you extra shipping to make up the difference. Pricks!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:18:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Are you sure you didn't order from Botach?  
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:29:05 PM EDT
[#41]
I like both, but even though Brownell's is a little more expensive, I like them better. Whenever I screw up and order the wrong thing Brownell's takes it back, no questions. Also Brownell's has a lot more stuff. IMHO you can't go wrong with either.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:49:18 PM EDT
[#42]

Are you sure you didn't order from Botach?

OUCH! Thats gotta hurt. Botach will sure run you deep without lube.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:54:02 PM EDT
[#43]
I place an order every month when I get a sale flyer. Got bit once by the backorder bug, but the place has EVERYTHING. I've got master catalogs on the back of each pooper in my house...
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:55:24 PM EDT
[#44]
never had problems Midway
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:02:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Midway is the bomb, they ship alot of stuff to me and never even charge my card, no complaints here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top