Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2011 9:14:58 AM EDT
Just spent a total of 25 minutes on hold, waiting to place an order.  Finally gave up.  Guess I'm glad business is so good ............
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 9:16:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Order off their website instead.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 9:18:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I go pick up orders sometimes and there are some times of the year when there are 12 packages on the pickup shelves and there are times there are 12 pallets of pickup items NEXT to the shelves. They earned their money, true American dream.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 9:19:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

yup.

I hate dealing with people. Web based shopping is the greatest thing EVAR to me
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 9:20:28 AM EDT
[#4]
I haven't bought anything from them in a while because it's such a pain in the ass.

They used to have a family feel to the company, now it's just like any other big corporation.

I know they are a new site sponsor, but you lost my business a long time ago Harry.

ETA: Their website is also a  PITA.

I have had overstock/special items in my cart and then go to check out and they are no longer special because they are no longer overstocked so I call to see what's up and guess what? You are shit outta luck pal.

Fuck'em
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 9:20:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Tax time............lots of refunds will be spent on shooting supplies!!!
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 9:22:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

yup.

Their website is the reason I quit dealing with them, though I thought I remember reading they changed it.

Can't remember how many orders I tried to p[lace and have the website hang on me at the checkout.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 9:22:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Do they have high-velocity Glawk babnana clips?
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 9:22:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

yup.

They're fast too and prices are fair.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 9:24:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Just spent a total of 25 minutes on hold, waiting to place an order.  Finally gave up.  Guess I'm glad business is so good ............

Could be snowbound.  Lots of businesses are closed today in the midwest.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 9:24:32 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

They are likely a little short staffed.

There is a little bit of a blizzard here in central Missouri today.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 9:26:28 AM EDT
[#11]
maybe you have seen the news that Missouri is ground zero for the current SNOWMAGEDDON.  I am in KC and almost no one is on the roads, schools canceled, Missouri HP  says "stay home or you might die" ,  etc.  My colleges in Columbia said they have 6-8 inches of snow already.  My guess is, in addition to any other problem Midway has, that they have few people at work or have closed for the next couple days.  Use the website if it just can't wait, but don't expect a shipment by fedex anytime soon.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 9:27:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Meh... Potterfield is probably having phone sex again.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 9:27:23 AM EDT
[#13]
The Midwest is currently under the spectre of Snowmageddon Icedeath...

So it's possible that they might be understaffed right now.

Just sayin'.

ETA: Beaten by some fellow doomed Midwesterners.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 9:29:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Just placed my order online.

Smooth sailing
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 9:31:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Order from the website. I have no problems doing it, although their site is slow, and doesn't render correctly half the time.

I think there's a little bit of panic buying going on, which will turn to full-on panic buying when Obummer gives his "Gun Control" speech.

Midway has a fantastic sale on a couple of DPMS uppers, I ordered one last week, but it's on backorder. I hope I get mine before the real panic hits.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 9:44:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
maybe you have seen the news that Missouri is ground zero for the current SNOWMAGEDDON.  I am in KC and almost no one is on the roads, schools canceled, Missouri HP  says "stay home or you might die" ,  etc.  My colleges in Columbia said they have 6-8 inches of snow already.  My guess is, in addition to any other problem Midway has, that they have few people at work or have closed for the next couple days.  Use the website if it just can't wait, but don't expect a shipment by fedex anytime soon.  

Fair enough....but a short message on their homepage and on the phone order lines explaining the situation would get alot of folks down off the ledge!  You can't expect people to figure this shit out all on their own now do you?

RG

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:07:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Midway's biggest problem is their shipping.  If you buy a spring or pin they want $9 to send it to you in a huge UPS box.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:08:33 AM EDT
[#18]
I am 45 minutes East of Midways shop. I can almost guarantee not everyone showed up for work today.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:22:32 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Use Firefox.

ie doesn't work for shit on the website.

Any time I had to talk to them on the phone, they we aces.

They used to be over priced years ago, but when they woke up and smelled the competition, they got their shit together.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:25:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Probably didn't have all that many people working today cause of the severe weather.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:25:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I am 45 minutes East of Midways shop. I can almost guarantee not everyone showed up for work today.

I am originally from that area and really liked doing business with them............until they started looking at shipping as a profit center.  I just can't take an ass pounding like that.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:28:18 AM EDT
[#22]
This was at 0900 this morning.

BRB. I'll get a current picture of the SHTF

This is 5 minutes ago.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:32:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Don't worry. With the weather we are having right now it's not going to get picked up for shipping today or tomorrow anyway.

And yes they are understaffed today.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:33:26 AM EDT
[#24]
I was thinking the weather probably is going to slow the shipping down a bit too. Might want to cut any order some slack that runs through this part of the country for the week.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:35:20 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yup.

This.  Why you'd phone an order in is beyond me.  

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:53:52 AM EDT
[#26]
I've had nothing but positive experiences with Midway.

I met Larry Potterfield once on a non-MidwayUSA related matter and seemed like a very good guy.  

I will continue to buy from them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top