Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2011 9:21:29 AM EDT
I have Microsoft Office 2000. I am using Word to make up some fliers I am going to hang up around town.  How do I make tabs on the bottom? By making tabs I mean have vertical text on the bottom couple inches that I can cut every inch or so allowing people to tear off my company name and phone number.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 9:26:23 AM EDT
Insert a table with one row and however many columns you want there to be tabs. In Table Properties go into Borders and make the borders black lines or whatever you want. I am not sure if Word 2000 has a way to spin the text orientation so the type reads vertically like the spine of a book, but it might.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 9:34:26 AM EDT
Craigslist is easier
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 9:35:55 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Emoto:
Insert a table with one row and however many columns you want there to be tabs. In Table Properties go into Borders and make the borders black lines or whatever you want. I am not sure if Word 2000 has a way to spin the text orientation so the type reads vertically like the spine of a book, but it might.

I made the table but I am not seeing the option for vertical text. Does the newer version of Word allow that?
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 9:39:40 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Snowolf:

Originally Posted By Emoto:

I made the table but I am not seeing the option for vertical text. Does the newer version of Word allow that?
2003, 2007, and 2010 allow it, but I never use it. No idea about 2000.

Use the help. Search for:

rotate text

you might need to put the text in a text box and rotate the text box.

Top Top