Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/22/2004 5:58:46 PM EST
After hearing (and seeing) of the beheading of more Americans in Iraq, it got me thinking...

If there was an option to be microchipped while over there as a soldier or a civilian contractor, would you?

I would think that if there was a way that the US could locate hostages quickly and effectively, many people would opt for it.

I would want justice doled out as soon as possible in a hostage situation.

The negatives of this would be (i'm sure there are more than this):
- loss of privacy while deployed
- Cost of implementing a net to read the chips
- once the word gets out, terrorists cutting the chips out (though we would know the last known location, which would be a good start)

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:06:42 PM EST
It would probrobly work the first time it was done, and then they would just cut off the arm or hand immediately, or if it were in the chest cavity, those bastards would probrobly cut it right out of ya. But maybe it would be a good way to get zarchawi.

They plan these things and watch, so someone like CIA would have to get captured undercover in order for it to work.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:06:55 PM EST
NO! I'll take my chances as a free person. not as a piece of cattle.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:07:49 PM EST
I would do a chip overseas...but not here in the US ffuuuuccckkk that!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:10:01 PM EST
No. Absolutely, positively, no. The mere thought of it should make you shudder.

I need to be free.

Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:10:49 PM EST
whoever microchips themselves to catch Zarcowardly is a true Patriot.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:15:35 PM EST

Originally Posted By Stormtrooper:
whoever microchips themselves to catch Zarcowardly.......

Bet those chip people would use a successfull mission to catch zarcowie as an endorsement to chip americans.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:20:49 PM EST
i would rather die fighting then be captured
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:20:52 PM EST
As long as it could be removed when I wanted it to be, I'd be fine with it.

I'd even go one step further. I'd be willing to implant some micro explosive (if it was safe of course). Then when the terrorists gather round to film their little video........KABOOOMM.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:21:46 PM EST

Originally Posted By Rand:

+10000
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:25:10 PM EST
Well, I can understand your aversion to microchipping. But in this circumstance, you don't agree it would be beneficial for one of our military, covert ops or some CIA agent to infiltrate with a microchip to discover the location of these radicals? What you would rather do is have people keep dying via beheadings? Something has to be done, and if bush is too much of a pussy to flatten some cities over there, then we need something along these lines - Or maybe you have the answer?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:38:37 PM EST
shove a tracking device in the anus, anything but a chip....
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:40:46 PM EST
I'd rather take a M4.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:43:16 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:47:59 PM EST
I think that it would be nice on a volunteer basis. For myself though, No Way In Hell.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:52:45 PM EST

Originally Posted By Lumpy196:
ABSOLUTE, POSITIVELY, 100% FOR SURE N-E-V-E-R UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE WOULD I, EVEN UNDER PENALTY OF DEATH.

and anyone that does gets exactly what they deserve.

... I got my micro-chip implant at a discount rate though a government affiliation. I'll e-mail you the link bro, but I already put your name in the hat because of your interest in your own. Expect medical assistances to be at your place tomorrow at about 9:00AM, it's painless!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 6:54:55 PM EST
Most of us are already chipped by the ETs and don't even know it.......
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:03:11 PM EST
the only micro chips in me are the ones I get out of a pringles can.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:06:15 PM EST
Man...you know there is no way in hell I wou...uh...forget...I...said...that...yes...it...is...a...very...good...idea...to...get...the...chip...
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:18:23 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/22/2004 8:20:18 PM EST by Dave_A]
Yes...

PS: For the 'I need to be free' folks, that doesn't apply to military personell... Once you sign up, you are no longer free...

They should be standard issue for all military personell who could possibly be captured.

It would make life soo much easier for us...
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:25:03 PM EST
Dave, it wouldn't make life easier for you when the media blabs to the enemy just where your standard issue chip implant is so they can cut off your arm, or just murder you on the spot.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:25:46 PM EST
The #1 reason it wont ever happen to troops isssssss

WHEN THE ENEMY FINDS OUT HOW TO DETECT IT/TRACK IT/USE IT TO THIER ADVANTAGE!

no matter what super duper encryption blah blah secret, the mere .0001% risk would ruin every operation.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:40:16 PM EST

PS: For the 'I need to be free' folks, that doesn't apply to military personell... Once you sign up, you are no longer free...

True-look at the anthrax and whatever else shots I've been forced to take. You can refuse and get kicked out under a bad conduct discharge so you can never get a good job.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:40:52 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:51:03 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/22/2004 10:52:27 PM EST by Dave_A]

Originally Posted By Stormtrooper:
Dave, it wouldn't make life easier for you when the media blabs to the enemy just where your standard issue chip implant is so they can cut off your arm, or just murder you on the spot.

Which is why the media would never find out that information...

And why it should be implanted in a location that cannot be cut off without killing the soldier...

IF they can do it without the thing giving away your position...

And I'd rather be 'murdered on the spot' than used for propaganda...

(P.S. There are chips that can be tracked further than 20ft)
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:27:22 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:33:10 AM EST

How do you know its not already done?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:39:52 AM EST

The negatives of this would be (i'm sure there are more than this):
- loss of privacy while deployed
- Cost of implementing a net to read the chips
- once the word gets out, terrorists cutting the chips out (though we would know the last known location, which would be a good start)

Thoughts?

What's Jensen's dot doing on top of Robert's dot?? Tsk tsk.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:42:18 AM EST

Originally Posted By Voldermortist:
NO! I'll take my chances as a free person. not as a piece of cattle.

And you'd be slaughtered like cattle too.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:44:08 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:48:12 AM EST

Originally Posted By Rand:

I agree with this statement, but sometimes you're caught off gaurd, and next thing you know you're tied up, on your knees & there are 5 fanatics in ski masks standing behind you, reading a statement to a video camera.

If there was a way to track my exact location, while I was in a place like Iraq, I would DEFINATELY do it. You want to catch a blue marlin, you gotta do more than just bring your rod and reel on the boat, you gotta troll for'em. Nothing has worked so far, Spec Ops, $25 million bounty....nothing.

I'm not saying to put me in an Ol' Glory t-shirt and prop me up by myself on a street corner in Iraq, so someone can grab me....I'm not in that kind of rush. What I am saying, if the tech existed to implant such a device and it would greatly increase the chances of my survival and the capture of these assholes, it sounds like a damn good sacrifice to make, not just for yourself, but for others as well.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:32:56 PM EST

Originally Posted By Troy:

Originally Posted By Dave_A:
(P.S. There are chips that can be tracked further than 20ft)

Yes, but they still need to be ACTIVELY scanned with a scanner. For some reason, many people seem to think that these things are homing beacons that can TRANSMIT their locations. They can't; they are powered by the scanner itself, just like the RFID anti-theft tags used at WalMart.

-Troy

Which is why I said in my original post that one of the drawbacks would be the cost of implementing a net to track these in the major areas.
Top Top