Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/23/2009 7:13:21 AM EST
On November 4th, Michigan voters passed a new law by referendum (reeferendum?)  It's the Michigan Medical Marijuana Act.  

What does Michigan's new law allow?

Michigan's new law allows patients with qualifying illnesses to use medical marijuana after being issued a registration card from the MDCH. This card allows the following:

- The possession of medical marijuana not to exceed 2.5 ounces. The marijuana must be kept in a locked facility.
- The cultivation of marijuana for medical use is not to exceed 12 plants and again must be kept in a locked facility.

The Bureau of Health Professionals (BHP), a department within the Michigan Department of Community Health (MDCH) will run the program.

Now, I'm probably the last guy on earth one might envision taking advantage of such a program.  (No, really. )  And that's why I'm tempted to apply.  I have a "no brainer" qualifying Dx so it should be a fairly simple process I would imagine.

Not that I'd even take advantage of the end product...I'm just thinking it might be neat to add another license / clearance / government permission slip to the long list of ones I already hold....

So...should I fo and apply for the new Michigan Dope License just for the hell of it?  

Poll incoming.
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 7:14:30 AM EST
tag
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 7:15:36 AM EST
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 7:15:36 AM EST
1. Get the card
2. Grow some weed
3. Sell it to other cardholders
4. ??
5. Profit!
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 7:15:41 AM EST
So the feds can raid your house and shoot your dog?
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 7:18:51 AM EST
Quoted:
Why not?  

It would be a fun conversation starter at cocktail parties.  "So, I'm having some trouble with my pot plants - do any of you know anything about growing lights?"

I'm actually quite the hobby horticulturist.  I don't think I'd have too much of a problem growing some of the icky purple shit if I were so inclined.

I got my wife an AeroGarden for Christmas.  Countertop hydroponics available from the WalMart for $49.99.  My in laws would shit bricks if they saw some Northern Lights growing in the kitchen.  That alone might make it worthwhile.

Link Posted: 1/23/2009 7:19:59 AM EST
Quoted:

Not gonna happen.

Link Posted: 1/23/2009 7:21:34 AM EST
Grow some AK47 or start a new strain of the diggity dank and name it AR15.

Link Posted: 1/23/2009 7:21:52 AM EST
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not gonna happen.

Then go for it and post pics.  I wouldn't take the chance as long as the federal gov. considers it illegal.
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 7:25:22 AM EST
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/23/2009 7:27:20 AM EST
This does not change the decision in Gonzales v Raich and is therefore moot and stupid.  Welcome to 1984.
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 7:31:34 AM EST
Hmmm, seems one of the questions on a Form 4473 is "Do you use drugs?" or something like that, do you answer No or Yes?

Will they take your firearms away because you smoke dope?
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 7:32:20 AM EST
Quoted:

LOL!!! Seriously.

consider this a tag.

Link Posted: 1/23/2009 7:32:45 AM EST
Quoted:
Hmmm, seems one of the questions on a Form 4473 is "Do you use drugs?" or something like that, do you answer No or Yes?

So if you smoke cigs, chew tabacco, pop pain pills as per doctors orders or drink beer you're OK?
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 7:32:53 AM EST
Quoted:

I believe they ask if you "are addicted to or an unlawful user of...."  The truthful answer would be "No."  

Link Posted: 1/23/2009 7:34:05 AM EST
Ah yes another person claiming they need weed to get on with thier life.

Grow up.
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 7:37:22 AM EST
12 plants, even small clones that were immediately flowered, would yield more than 2.5 oz.

And

Can you sell it to other licensed patients, LEGALLY?
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 7:37:43 AM EST
Quoted:

Grow up.

Link Posted: 1/23/2009 7:37:44 AM EST
Quoted:

Grow up.

Where did anyone claim that?

ETA- I don't "need" alcohol, tobacco, caffeine or aspirin, but I sure as hell enjoy the freedom to ingest them if I want to.
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 7:39:22 AM EST
Where's the 'FUCK YES!!!" option.  

IBTDW
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 7:39:32 AM EST
Quoted:
Quoted:

So if you smoke cigs, chew tabacco, pop pain pills as per doctors orders or drink beer you're OK?

Last I heard, the "activities" mentioned above are legal.
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 7:41:06 AM EST
this is one of those situations where you keep it on the DL and hope the michigan agency doesnt sell out your info to the DEA
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 7:41:21 AM EST
Quoted:

Grow up.

And here come the Mutaween.
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 7:41:38 AM EST
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Last I heard, the "activities" mentioned above are legal.

So I assume you drive 55 down the freeway also?

That's about where weed is on my "moral" radar.
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 7:44:56 AM EST
Quoted:

Grow up.

Ah yes another ******** from Louisiana.  Do they put something in the swamp water down there or what?  I'm noticing a trend...

Grammar Nazis!  Attack!  
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 7:47:20 AM EST
An addicted user in Fl is defined as having been arrested for possesion or use, and/or
being court ordered to rehab for above use. MI law may be similar. The feds sometime ignore a states legislation as happens in Ca often. I wonder if this will change with the new administration.
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 7:51:28 AM EST
Hey!!  Watch those Louisiana remarks.lol  If It was me I wouldn't be wasting time on arfcom, I would be applying for the license.
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 7:51:47 AM EST
Quoted:
An addicted user in Fl is defined as having been arrested for possesion or use, and/or
being court ordered to rehab for above use. MI law may be similar. The feds sometime ignore a states legislation as happens in Ca often. I wonder if this will change with the new administration.

I wouldnt be surprised if weed is legalized under the new administration, He admits to using a fair amount of it in his youth... I am sure MANY of his cohorts did the same...

It may be the one good thing that comes out of the Obama administration
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 7:55:57 AM EST
Quoted:
Hey!!  Watch those Louisiana remarks.lol  If It was me I wouldn't be wasting time on arfcom, I would be applying for the license.

Sorry man...

They won't have the system in place until April.  That, and I really don't feel the overwhelming need for a doobie right now.  

Besides, if I wanted to get fucked up like Anna Nicole, I've got about a half gallon of liquid oxy and a hundred fetanyl patches laying around here somewhere.  All quite legal, all potentially much more harmul than the wicked weed.  

Link Posted: 1/23/2009 7:57:37 AM EST
You're still breaking Federal law.

Lie on a 4473 and go to Club Fed.
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 8:00:19 AM EST
Apparently here in Nevada we have something similar.  A guy I work with hurt his back pretty bad in Desert Storm and uses the program for pain.  His doctor had to sign off on it IIRC.  Personally I never got the pot thing but he says it helps with pain management so what the heck.
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 8:03:02 AM EST
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cigarettes=legal.
tobacco=legal.
beer=legal.
prescription meds so long as they're yours=legal.

I love the people that use the "well, cigarettes are drugs too" mindset.
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 8:04:15 AM EST
Let's ask the magic 8 Ball

Link Posted: 1/23/2009 8:07:02 AM EST
Quoted:

Don't think so.  Read the language.  Read the thread.  It's fundmental.

The way the doc is worded, there are plenty of ficticious 4473s filled out every day.  For instance, if Bob has been prescribe .25 mg of alprazolam for the last six months to treat anxiety brought on by his marital / financial / social stresses, he is most likely physically addicted to benzodiazapenes, a controlled substance.  

Whereas a guy who is growing pot legally under state law for decoration in his living room is neither a user of nor addicted to an unlawful or controlled substance, including marijauna.

States rights.  Own a black guy, smoke a joint.  Unpopular behaviors.  Both lead to war.  

Link Posted: 1/23/2009 8:14:32 AM EST
get it.  there's an autoflowering strain called "Automatic AK47" that i think would be appropriate considering your hobbies
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 8:16:40 AM EST
Quoted:
Quoted:

The way the doc is worded, there are plenty of ficticious 4473s filled out every day.  For instance, if Bob has been prescribe .25 mg of alprazolam for the last six months to treat anxiety brought on by his marital / financial / social stresses, he is most likely physically addicted to benzodiazapenes, a controlled substance.  

Whereas a guy who is growing pot legally under state law for decoration in his living room is neither a user of nor addicted to an unlawful or controlled substance, including marijauna.

States rights.  Own a black guy, smoke a joint.  Unpopular behaviors.  Both lead to war.  

"Michigan's new law allows PATIENTS with qualifying illnesses to use medical marijuana after being issued a registration card from the MDCH"

Um, the new law proposal up there is for patients, who would supposedly need the stuff for medical reasons, not for decorative purposes. You would be lying on the Medical dope application, or lying on the 4473. There is no in-between here. My guns are worth more to me than decorative pot.
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 8:28:13 AM EST
Do you need it for pain if yes then go ahead

The 4473 Reads, UNLAWFUL  or addicted user, if he's got a RX then he isn't an unlawful user is he, thus he is good to go.

I stand corrected
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 8:32:42 AM EST
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cigarettes=legal.
tobacco=legal.
beer=legal.

Baaaaaa
Baaaaaa

What a tool.

How could you morally think it's ok for people do those kinds of things but not weed?

I mean does .gov REALLY govern your thought process THAT MUCH?

How revolutionary of "you people" that use CURRENT law as a barometer of what's right and wrong.
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 8:37:35 AM EST
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Michigan's new law allows PATIENTS with qualifying illnesses to use medical marijuana after being issued a registration card from the MDCH"

Um, the new law proposal up there is for patients, who would supposedly need the stuff for medical reasons, not for decorative purposes. You would be lying on the Medical dope application, or lying on the 4473. There is no in-between here. My guns are worth more to me than decorative pot.

Me thinks you missed this part,....

Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry man...

They won't have the system in place until April.  That, and I really don't feel the overwhelming need for a doobie right now.  

Besides, if I wanted to get fucked up like Anna Nicole, I've got about a half gallon of liquid oxy and a hundred fetanyl patches laying around here somewhere.  All quite legal, all potentially much more harmul than the wicked weed.  

If he has Liquid Oxycontin and fetanyl patches he is either under treatment from a doctor for chronic pain issues ( pun intended) or a pretty badass drug dealer....
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 8:44:38 AM EST
Quoted:

The 4473 Reads, UNLAWFUL  or addicted user, if he's got a RX then he isn't an unlawful user is he, thus he is good to go.

Bullshit you would still be breaking federal law.

Why don't you call the BATFE and ask them?
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 8:52:16 AM EST
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bullshit you would still be breaking federal law.

Why don't you call the BATFE and ask them?

Its red!!

NO, ITS BLUE, GOD DAMNIT AND THATS FINAL.
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 8:56:26 AM EST
Quoted:

Baaaaaa
Baaaaaa

What a tool.

How could you morally think it's ok for people do those kinds of things but not weed?

How revolutionary of "you people" that use CURRENT law as a barometer of what's right and wrong.

Do you drink?

Do you smoke?

Have you ever drank?

Have you ever smoked?

Have you ever taken ANY kind of prescription drug?

All that stuff is LEGALLY given, in one way or another.  Pot is not.  (Insert Illicit Drug Here) is what the BAFTE meant when they said "drugs."

Granted, I rarely drink, and I personally don't like smoking but it's not morally wrong in my opinion.

I know people personally on this forum that smoke cigarettes.  Should we take their guns away?

And yet I'm a tool.
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 8:59:18 AM EST
IBYNCTB

In Before Your Name Change To Bahoofusman

Link Posted: 1/23/2009 8:59:48 AM EST
Smokey is gud!
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 9:04:25 AM EST
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 9:06:06 AM EST
Quoted:
On November 4th, Michigan voters passed a new law by referendum (reeferendum?)  It's the Michigan Medical Marijuana Act.  

What does Michigan's new law allow?

Michigan's new law allows patients with qualifying illnesses to use medical marijuana after being issued a registration card from the MDCH. This card allows the following:

- The possession of medical marijuana not to exceed 2.5 ounces. The marijuana must be kept in a locked facility.
- The cultivation of marijuana for medical use is not to exceed 12 plants and again must be kept in a locked facility.

The Bureau of Health Professionals (BHP), a department within the Michigan Department of Community Health (MDCH) will run the program.

Now, I'm probably the last guy on earth one might envision taking advantage of such a program.  (No, really. )  And that's why I'm tempted to apply.  I have a "no brainer" qualifying Dx so it should be a fairly simple process I would imagine.

Not that I'd even take advantage of the end product...I'm just thinking it might be neat to add another license / clearance / government permission slip to the long list of ones I already hold....

So...should I fo and apply for the new Michigan Dope License just for the hell of it?  

Poll incoming.

Do it, if the fedgov comes looking for plants/drugs you don't have, you have legal standing......
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 9:08:43 AM EST
Quoted:
Quoted:

Baaaaaa
Baaaaaa

What a tool.

Do you drink?

Do you smoke?

Have you ever drank?

Have you ever smoked?

Have you ever taken ANY kind of prescription drug?

All that stuff is LEGALLY given, in one way or another.  Pot is not.  (Insert Illicit Drug Here) is what the BAFTE meant when they said "drugs."

Granted, I rarely drink, and I personally don't like smoking but it's not morally wrong in my opinion.

I know people personally on this forum that smoke cigarettes.  Should we take their guns away?

And yet I'm a tool.

Did you even get the jist of my post?

Not sure if you did.

So if AR15's all of sudden became illegal, would you turn yours in?
Pot was a legal drug for thousands of years before it was made illegal 70-80 years ago.
Maybe you should read my post again?

Morally I don't see how you would scorn someone who would smoke pot but think because .gov says it's ok to  CURRENTLY use something more harmful, you're OK with it.

That's just weird to me.
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 9:10:06 AM EST
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cigarettes=legal.
tobacco=legal.
beer=legal.

That's it?
The fact that a bunch of douchebags elected by the uninformed majority say it's bad is enough for you to proclaim weed's "bad, mmmkay?"

Cigarettes kill tens (hundreds?) of thousands annually, but the government gets its cut (A BIG FUCKING CUT) and weed is bad?

Link Posted: 1/23/2009 9:14:57 AM EST
@ MillerSHO: Guns, what guns? No, you don't have permission to look.

@ SJSAMPLE: I was taught a LONG time ago that 'drugs'(included but not limited to: cocaine, marijuana, LSD, PCP, etc) were bad, and it was wrong to do them.  Same with alcohol and tobacco.  I have never smoked, and I rarely drink.
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 9:18:22 AM EST
Quoted:

Grow up.

You didn't even fucking read the op.

GTFO.
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 10:12:28 AM EST
75% yay
10% nay

I sent my wife a link to the thread she said:

1) You're nuts.  

2) I don't care.  

I may have to look into this more closely if only to frame my State Grass Pass.  Would make a great conversation piece.

And for the curious...I'm not a bad ass drug dealer nor do I suffer chronic pain.  That garbage is left over from a "previous battle" and I just never took it.  Pain doesn't get to me like most folks.  I'm rather fond of it...it turns me on, lets me know I'm still alive.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top