Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/20/2001 7:15:45 PM EDT
Here is your chance to screw the anti's by turning in your scrap for $50.

This weekend, Dec 21 and 22. $50 each max of 2.

[url]http://www.ag.state.mi.us/press_release/pr10278.htm[/url]

Turn-in Dates: Friday, December 21, and Saturday, December 22, 2001
Time: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
17405 Lahser Road
Detroit, Michigan
Phone: (313) 255-6056

Also, does anyone know if AIM Surplus will sell firearms directly to the public? They have Mosin Nagants for $35 each if you buy 5 and MI residents can purchase long guns in OH.
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 7:26:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Too bad we don't have buy backs in VA.  My grandmother has an old POS German .22 Short revolver that she could replace.
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 7:30:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah I wish NC had buybacks too.  I have 3 or 4 old single shot shotguns that aren't worth a damn.  I could sell those and have half the money I need to buy another AK to add to my collection.
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 8:02:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I lived in Michigan 17 years, and people there take great pride in their firearms. If you had a gun that actually fired you should really keep it for a "DNR man's gun". The DNR in Michigan seizes all firearms they encounter in the field and hold them in their offices until they later "auction" them off to their friends or co-workers, so the intelligent Michigan hunter uses a Spanish Guardia Mauser in .308 that is no heartbreak to hand over.

A $50.00 buyback shows how committed the anti's are!
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 8:13:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I lived in Michigan 17 years, and people there take great pride in their firearms. If you had a gun that actually fired you should really keep it for a "DNR man's gun". The DNR in Michigan seizes all firearms they encounter in the field and hold them in their offices until they later "auction" them off to their friends or co-workers, so the intelligent Michigan hunter uses a Spanish Guardia Mauser in .308 that is no heartbreak to hand over.

A $50.00 buyback shows how committed the anti's are!
View Quote

DNR?
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 9:17:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Dept. of natural resources...they patrol the hunting world
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 2:24:06 AM EDT
[#6]
I was wondering if anyone else had heard of this one. I thought I had thursday, but just cought the tail end of the news piece on it. I'd love to set up just outside and "save" any valuable ones before they go "By-By" forever. Anyone else want to help save our guns???

Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 5:03:41 AM EDT
[#7]
The state attorney general - Jennifer Granholm (biggest anti-gun politician since her predecessor Frank Kelly) was getting face time on the news for this "buyback".  The TV station supporting it showed a close up of a collector edition Beretta that was engraved with an American flag and the wording "United We Stand" inlaid in gold.  I'm quite sure that one won't be turned in for the $50 coupon.  They slipped up when they panned the revolver that looked like it was rusted solid......  Great waste of my tax dollars.

[b][i]Redmanfms:[/b][/i]

DNR = [b]D[/b]amn [b]N[/b]ear [b]R[/b]ussian

These guys have greater power for search and seizure than the police.  They don't have to have a court order to search for [b]anything[/b] as long as someone (anyone) states that they think there might be a violation (usually comprised of an unlicensed deer hanging in the garage).  If police have a hard time getting a search warrent from a judge, then they will use the DNR and "accompany" them to investigate the violation and usually happen across evidence just laying out in the open.  

Had a DNR officer walk into private property and demand to see the doe tag on the animal that was just shot.  Doe tag was with my buddy who shot the deer.  In his excitement, (buck fever, doe fever, whatever....) he forgot to put the tag on the animal.  He went back to our camp approximately 200 yards away to get the field dressing kit.  DNR officer threatened to confiscate all of our weapons, the deer and all three vehicles in camp.  

My buddy ended up with $250 ticket for not putting the tag on the leg of the animal, even though he was in possession of the required hunting license and doe tag.  He was away from the animal for a total of 10-15 minutes.

Please understand that this is not cop bashing. There might be several good DNR officers out there, but I have yet to run into one that won't hesitate to write you a [b]very expensive [/b] ticket for what appeared to be a minor infraction.  You just feel so lucky to [i]get away with just a fine[/i] rather than lose a $35,000 truck, all your hunting gear, your rifle and your hunting privileges.

HoldHard
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 11:21:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Frankly, it wouldn't be really wise to threaten me in the woods when I'm carrying a firearm.  Best response to such a threat is, "Yeah, you can take my guns and vehicle, if you make it out of the woods alive."

Edited to say:  I'd never kill a law enforcement officer for trying to trample my rights.  After all, he's just doing his job right? [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 7:20:19 PM EDT
[#9]
i got a POS mosin nagant that i wish i could use for buy back bait damn gun is worth like what 10 bucks. wood is crap. bolt rusted to hell and the bore is mediocre
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 7:55:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Do they have to be functional? I have some tomato stakes around here that are just taking up space.
[:E]
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 8:33:41 PM EDT
[#11]

Its a marketing ploy from a liberal Grocery
store..  you dont get cash, you get 50 dollars worth of food... [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 5:03:41 AM EDT
[#12]

From moNgRel66
Dept. of natural resources...they patrol the hunting world

Oh, the FishPigs.  As opposed to DogPigs (Animal Control).  Then there are PigDogs (K9).....
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 10:50:21 AM EDT
[#13]
The store is a multi state chain up here called
meijers.
funny thing is they sell those evil muzzle loaders by the barrel full but don't consider them guns I guess,  ammo too.

Meijers did the same thing in my end of the woods a year or two ago. I sent them a very polite "nasty" email what I got back was a form letter saying basically they were doing it for the children.

feel free to write them a nasty gram
[url]www.meijer.com[/url]
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 12:29:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Its a marketing ploy from a liberal Grocery
store..  you dont get cash, you get 50 dollars worth of food... [rolleyes]
View Quote

Actually you get a $50.00 Meijer giftcard. Mejier sells firearms, ammunition, and outdoors gear. So you can always use the giftcard to upgrade .

They had the same "buy back" last year coordinated with the Ingham county sheriff's department.
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 12:49:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Tall Shadow:
I'd love to set up just outside and "save" any valuable ones before they go "By-By" forever. Anyone else want to help save our guns???
View Quote

Yes.  I've had this thought too.  In fact, a local county here in IL just had a "buy back".  Some f'n moron turned in an old flint-lock.  The "authorities" are going to destroy this historical treasure (and a few others)!  It's a crime.

A local pro-Second Amendment group here is advocating that gun owners turn in junk guns and/or BB guns (which also fetch cash).  Good idea.

The FACT is that these gun buybacks are in violation of Federal and State law here in IL.  The guns are taken in on a "no questions asked basis".  Illinois law requires that the buyer and seller have an FOID card.  They also must both keep records of the FOID number, name of the other party, as well as the weapon's serial number for a period of ten years.  These laws are not being followed.
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 12:50:58 PM EDT
[#16]
The chain used to sell guns and ammo by the barrel load, now the guns are gone and the ammo is on the way out.
Word I heard was the kids in the fmaily took over and hate the icky poo guns. That would dovetail with this expensive 'buy back' BS, since each meijers store will normally give some school a can of paint every year, and award themselves an award for doing so, as their community outreach.
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 12:51:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Too bad I won't be able to make it up there, look at the prize I had for them.

[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid28/pe18234d5b9d261c7d1e916d613036154/fe0f9fe9.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid28/pa0f1dc8ef87f0819bed46bcd564f8bb1/fe0f9fdc.jpg[/img]

Maybe next time. I wish the stupid Michigan Liberals had more money that I could deprive them of. I'd like a gun buy back a week. They would be so full of Moisin Nagants it wouldn't be funny.

The pistol is a H&R 32 S&W, genuine Nickel plating $1 from a yard sale.
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 12:56:31 PM EDT
[#18]
I wish these dumb people who are running this would realize. I could steal a gun, go on a crime spree and kill a bunch of people. And gee how could I dispose of the evidenace, I will give it to them no questions asked. and I get $50 for a down payment on my next gun. I just once with people would wake and enter the real world.

Six
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 12:59:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The store is a multi state chain up here called
meijers.
View Quote

Ah, Meijer. When I lived in Grand Rapids, a Meijer gift certificate or credit slip was like cash. There was next to nothing that could not be obtained 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 364 days a year at your Local Meijer.

On one occasion, I asked to examine a pistol grip shotgun (I think it was a Remmy 870, but it's been a while). As I function checked the weapon, I nonchalantly asked, "Got any ski masks?"

The look on the sales droid's face was priceless.
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 1:14:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I wish these dumb people who are running this would realize. I could steal a gun, go on a crime spree and kill a bunch of people. And gee how could I dispose of the evidenace, I will give it to them no questions asked. and I get $50 for a down payment on my next gun.
View Quote

Yup.  It seems like cases like those, the powers that be are accomplices to murder.  They are disposing of evidence.

Link Posted: 12/22/2001 1:16:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
On one occasion, I asked to examine a pistol grip shotgun (I think it was a Remmy 870, but it's been a while). As I function checked the weapon, I nonchalantly asked, "Got any ski masks?"

The look on the sales droid's face was priceless.
View Quote

Heh, heh.  I'll have to try that one.
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 1:24:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Gas money for the trip to the store: $2.50

Ski-Mask:  $8.00

Remington shotgun: $250

look on the salesguy's face: Priceless
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top