Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/2/2022 8:55:29 PM EDT
They want to pass a museum tax on Wayne and Oakland counties to go to the Charles Wright Museum of African American History and The Detroit Historical Museum, both in Detroit.  
It will be a millage - i.e. a property tax on people's homes.

In December the Senate Committee on Economic and Small Business Development voted to approve the bill with a favorable recommendation.  The committee has 7 republicans and 3 demonrats.  So it goes to the full senate for a vote.

This is a statewide issue, if the republicans are going to fuck Wayne and Oakland counties with this kind of divide and conquer tax increase, they will do it to your county too.

Please sign the petition against it. If you are willing to sign, you can do so here: https://www.rescuemichigan.com/writerep.php
The first wave of petitions got the senate republicans to postpone the vote.  They scatter like cockroaches when a light is shone on them.

If you want to know more about the organization sponsoring the petition, look here: https://www.rescuemichigan.com/index.php
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 10:59:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for posting this, passed this along to like minded friends and family
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:00:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Your football teams sucks too
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:01:09 PM EDT
[#3]
That’s exactly what democrats would do, or so I’m told…
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:03:06 PM EDT
[#4]
what I pay in property taxes for living in tourist lake country I should be driving on roads as smooth as glass
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:03:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:05:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Mother F this state. They’re going to tax me out of it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:06:41 PM EDT
[#7]
WTF they wanna raise peoples property taxes for some fucking museum..?

fuck that noise
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:06:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah. Same BS happened with the DIA and the bud system.

The bus system spends over 30k per rider per year.
That’s enough to buy a car for them. I hate how wasteful our government is. Also another way for the burbs to subsidize the inner city dwellers.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:06:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I love it, they are not even trying to pass this in Macomb County.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:08:24 PM EDT
[#10]
That's why I live in Macomb county
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:11:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Tax Detroit for Detroit shit and leave the rest of the state alone, we already paid for that fucking city a few years ago with the shithead rino governor and his cadre of bootlicking rino reps led by shirkey. [closet rino if I ever saw one, he talks the talk but sucks dick under the table]
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:25:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I love it, they are not even trying to pass this in Macomb County.
View Quote
They're passing it at the state level.  If this works, they'll get to Macomb for the next one.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:27:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
what I pay in property taxes for living in tourist lake country I should be driving on roads as smooth as glass
View Quote
The republicans raised your taxes for that after the public voted against it.

Notice how much better the roads are since the republicans passed a tax that was supposed to fix them?
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 12:18:32 AM EDT
[#14]
It'll be awesome because they'll probably throw in free admission(i will never personally use)for the county residents. /s
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 12:38:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Pooty Poot is behind it !!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 1:02:15 PM EDT
[#16]
They should simply charge an entrance fee or increase the fee they already have. If it's a popular attraction, people will pay. If not, it should die.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 1:04:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Calm down! They have an R next to their name, they are on our side.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 1:08:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Glad I left that state.  Fix the damn roads!! lol
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top