Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/20/2004 8:23:27 PM EDT
Yup... he came down off the fence and threw his support behind Bush, which I think is a good thing!

He has an audience of 10 million disgruntled Conservatives, Libertarians, & right leaning independent voters, so if a good percentage of these folks hold their nose’s on his recommendation & pull the lever for Bush, things should be that much easier for G.W come Nov. 2!

Every little bit helps!!!
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:24:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:25:59 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'm glad he did, but I think Michael Savage is an ass.  I can't stand listening to him most of the time.

But you gotta admit, those Red Sox kicked the snot out of the Yankees.

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:27:03 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'm glad he did, but I think Michael Savage is an ass.  I can't stand listening to him most of the time.

Shut up. I like Savage!
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:28:56 PM EDT
[#4]

If you're not willing to run for president yourself, then you should support Bush.

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:32:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:44:11 PM EDT
[#6]

I think Michael Savage is an ass. I can't stand listening to him most of the time.

When I first heard Savage I felt the exact same way, but he has grown on me in a big way!

I really like his conversational, stream of consciousness style & his sense of humor. I also admire that he has the courage to passionately address subjects that other conservative talk show hosts either soft peddle or ignore completely.

Savage is an acquired taste, HiramRanger. I suggest you give him some time to win you over.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:50:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Savage is an acquired taste, HiramRanger. I suggest you give him some time to win you over.

I definitely agree with that analysis.   It's like transitioning to fine microbrewed ales from mass-produced pilsners.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:52:01 PM EDT
[#8]
i question anyones intelligence that took this long to figure out who to endorse for President.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:53:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:55:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Do you actually listen to Savage, Absolut???

If so, you would know why he had previously contemplated not voting at all.  
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:55:05 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:57:11 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

If so, you would know why had previously contemplated not voting at all.  

no, but that makes me further question his sanity.
what great injustice did he feel has been done to him by President Bush?
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:57:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Why do you feel that way Planerench?
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:59:30 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm sure he's streamed elsewhere, but you can catch Savage 5-8 mountain here
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:03:01 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If so, you would know why had previously contemplated not voting at all.  

no, but that makes me further question his sanity.

His complaints about Bush are the same for many conservatives....like not controlling the borders while increasing the size and scope of the federal government
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:04:39 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

BORDERS, LANGUAGE, CULTURE

Especially the first one.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:18:04 PM EDT
[#17]

Not to him personally Absolut, but to the conservative ideals that I think we all believe in. Savage feels that we should lock down the southern border to stem the tide of illegal immigration & he is for the expulsion of ALL illegal immigrants. He believes (and rightfully so IMO) that our open boarder with Mexico poses a HUGE security risk, and that if a WMD is ever used against us on our own soil, it will most likely come in via this route.

He also hates the damage that the illegals are doing to our culture & language.  

Let's face it... Bush is soft on illegal immigration & if he were serious about a comprehensive & multifaceted WOT, we would be deporting lots of questionable aliens & he would be pushing for the construction of a security wall along our southern border.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:19:06 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BORDERS, LANGUAGE, CULTURE

Especially the first one.

Savage like a lot of people thinks the borders should be closed
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:24:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Savage pulls no punches, takes no prisoners and is right on the money most of the time. It's refreshing to listen to a true conservative 50cal BMG on full auto. Passionate patriot to boot!
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:26:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Oh, and did I mention... Savage openly admits to owning an AR-15, a Glock, and to loving guns since he was a kid!!!
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:36:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Hannity would be a great politician. He'll say anything to anyone of the power players on the right to gain support. He's a great suck up and everyones best friend. Im not surpised you like him Hiram.

Savage is abrasive and rude sometimes especially if you dont agree with him but at least you know hes telling you what he really thinks.

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:45:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 9:56:26 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I feel the same way about Rush Limbaugh.  Personally, I think he is a dim-witted pompus ass.  His "talent on loan from God" shit makes me sick!!!

But, with both Limbaugh and Savage, I've learned to focus on the message and not the messanger.

I think I actually like Savage better but only because of his edgy never-know-when-he-is-going-to-blow-up "style".  His rants are more entertaining.

How can you not love to hear him use the term red-diaper-doper-babies 20 times an hour....LMAO.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:06:06 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Not to him personally Absolut, but to the conservative ideals that I think we all believe in. Savage feels that we should lock down the southern border to stem the tide of illegal immigration & he is for the expulsion of ALL illegal immigrants. He believes (and rightfully so IMO) that our open boarder with Mexico poses a HUGE security risk, and that if a WMD is ever used against us on our own soil, it will most likely come in via this route.

He also hates the damage that the illegals are doing to our culture & language.  

Let's face it... Bush is soft on illegal immigration & if he were serious about a comprehensive & multifaceted WOT, we would be deporting lots of questionable aliens & he would be pushing for the construction of a security wall along our southern border.

and he would lose the election by a landslide.
i like savage from the tidbits i've heard of him, but if anyone thinks that someone more conservative than President Bush is going to be elected anytime soon, they are dreaming.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:13:12 PM EDT
[#25]
HiramRanger...

or is he doing what a sensible person would do, and recognize it is Bush or Kerry... and Bush is the better choice, even if disappointing?

Of course that is what he's doing... no one suggested otherwise. Savage recognizes Islamofacism for the grave & over reaching threat that it is, and given the only two realistic choices available, he is acknowledging that Bush is better suited to face that threat & crush it!  He understands that neither party is going to close our borders anytime soon & stem the tide of illegal immigration , so what is left is that Kerry will treat the terrorist threat as a law enforcement matter while Bush will continue to address it as a military one. In these trying times, that was enough to garner his endorsement.

If it weren't for the threat of Islamic terror however, it is doubtful that he would have endorsed Bush. Savage is not a registered Republican, and he has far too many problems with the GOP's move to the center to toe the party line.

But I say again... give him his day in court. You just might grow to like what you hear.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:57:45 PM EDT
[#26]
i read a book of his and while i like it, he didn't give any sources or references for the stuff he wrote about.  i'm not going to repeat anything if i don't have a source to back it up.  Ann Coutler is better IMO.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top