Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2002 7:11:05 AM EDT
Did any of you see this.  It was sickening.  I had to email them on it is was so disgusted.  Here's what i sent

Dear Sean,
I watched the show last night (Wednesday Jan 2), and unfortunately you were not there to witness the blatant lies and ridiculousness spouted by the so called movie maker Michael Moore.  First of all, just watching this guy in action made me sick.  The pompous attitude and arrogance was so thick it was unbelievable.  In my opinion, the guy is not qualified to discuss any topic of value, never mind on a prominent show such as yours.  I wish you were there to witness it in person, and seriously hope you go back and review the tape of him.  The whole segment was sickening.  To get to the point, there was one particular part that really got me going. The original reason for him coming on the show was to say that AG John Ashcroft is not allowing the FBI to look at gun records of terrorists, and therefore he is failing to combat terrorism in this country.  This is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS.  First of all, the Attorney General is upholding the law.  The NICS (National Instant Check System) system was put into place by our lawmakers to make it difficult for felons and other criminals to buy guns.  Once the background check is finished, the law states that the information regarding the gun buyer, provided they were a law abiding citizen, is to be DESTROYED. If they were rejected by the system, then the information may be compiled and given out to the FBI, which John Ashcroft has done. However, if they passed the check, it is prohibited for this information to be compiled or used by anyone, including the FBI.  Let me make this clear.  This is a database of personal information on LAW ABIDING CITIZENS.  Not terrorists!  The law states that this information is to be destroyed in a timely manner, and NEVER given out.  Now irrational, Anti-Constitutional, severely misinformed individuals like Michael Moore are trying to create some media hype to make John Ashcroft look bad in the name of fighting terrorism, despite the fact the he is simply upholding the LAW as it was, and should have been written.  To be honest with you, what really made me sick was that Alan Colmes sat there and agreed with him as if he had some valid point.  It was outrageous.  Put simply, John Ashcroft is not protecting terrorists as Michael and Alan would have your audience believe, he is protecting the Constitutional rights of law abiding citizens.  I beg of you, please do a follow up segment on this and set the record straight.
View Quote

Please follow up with them if you can.

[email protected]
[email protected]

Link Posted: 1/3/2002 7:16:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Watched it.
I concur.
[smoke]
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 7:27:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Liberal logic -

Illegal records of law abiding citizens who are gun owners SHOULD be used to combat terrorism.

but....

Non-citizen guests of this country who have violated their visas should NOT be deported, and their rights must be protected.

[rolleyes]

I really need to become a non-citizen of the US, so the Dumbocrats will protect my rights.

RectalHoles

Link Posted: 1/3/2002 7:30:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm ready to state why would they get a very shallow movie producer to talk about anything technical, legal or otherwise.  But then they must have been thrilled to get someone famous on the show.
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 8:07:27 AM EDT
[#4]

Michael Moore [puke][puke][puke]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top