Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/2/2006 6:21:39 PM EDT
Hey all,

I often listen to AM radio (Limbaugh, Hannity, Levin, Ingrahm), and friends often tell me I should listen to Michael Medved. I have never done so. How is he compared to some of the others I listen to listed above? And do you know of a place where I can listen online (very bad radio reception where I am)?

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:26:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I would bet he has a website.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:27:14 PM EDT
[#2]
+1 For Medved.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:30:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Medved is teh great. A very reasoned and intelligent speaker, respectful of those who disagree with him. One of my favorites.

ETA: an avowed anti-Communist!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:30:39 PM EDT
[#4]
He's a good guy. Fun to listen to.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:31:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I think he was a movie critic back in the day.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:32:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I would bet he has a website.

He does. It says nice things about him, but I am curious to hear what some listeners have to say. I mean, Rush and hannity are all over different kinds of topics, Levin takes a lot of calls on a few topics (and is a jerk in a funny way), and Laura just kind of comments on some of the less-important events of the day and adds funny sound effects. I am just curious as to what Medved's style and topic concentration is.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:32:50 PM EDT
[#7]
He takes lots of callers that don't agree with him.

He seems to like to debate.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:34:41 PM EDT
[#8]
i like him i used to listen him on my way home from school at ASU every dat almost , and he is a conservative , whos topics are usually a little different than Rush , or Hannity ,  and IMO the guy has a good "Radio voice"
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:37:13 PM EDT
[#9]
OK. Thanks for all the replies, guys. I'm headed to bed and will check back for any more tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:41:56 PM EDT
[#10]
He does not like Libertarians. Calls them "Losertarians."

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:44:22 PM EDT
[#11]
He takes more calls that disagree than those that agree.  Great debater, though he's a bit of a "Bush cheerleader" at times...kind of like Rush.  However, he doesn't just talk about politics all the time, which is refreshing.  He talks about family issues, pop-culture, youth culture, etc.  Usually fairly interesting.

I like Glenn Beck and Dennis Prager the most though.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:52:36 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I think he was a movie critic back in the day.

Still is.

He is a "reformed liberal" - Used to work as a campaign consultant on Democratic senatorial races.

Wrote a book about his conversion from liberal Democrat to conservative Republican ("Right Turns: Unconventional Lessons from a Controversial Life").
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:03:30 PM EDT
[#13]
He is a jew, doesn't claim to be a Christian, but he defends Christians VERY well. He gets a lot of Jew haters on his show and he handles them very well.

I'm impressed by the number of  wacko's he gets on his show to debate. He is usually polite.
He understands the fundementals of conservitism better than Hanity ever will, and he's not an annoing  jackass like Hanity.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:08:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Which system mouthpiece goes best with my new telescreen?

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:56:24 PM EDT
[#15]
I finally listened to Medved yesterday.

You guys were right, he really likes to debate. And he does an excellent job! Liberals would call in one right after the other spewing their crap, and as soon as they got done speaking, not even a second would go by before Medved would respond with something that made them look like an idiots. And they weren't just some ad hoc responses either. You could tell he really knows his stuff.

Thanks for the info, all.

Edit: I found a place where you can steam the show live, if anyone's interested: www.whkradio.com/.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:18:53 PM EDT
[#16]
I like him.  I especially like his Saturday show, which is basically just college-type lecture, no callers, on whatever he feels like talking about. It's usually something historical and interesting.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:20:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Nobody wanted to post the link to his website?

ETA: Damn he reminds me of the shrink from M*A*S*H*

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:24:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Just pick the time slot at the top of the page. If he is on the air, they will have several different streaming options listed for him,as well as others.

A great link to add to your favorites.

Streaming Links
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:25:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:43:27 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Michael Medved IS the most intelligent man on radio.  He is probably the best read, with a great understanding of many of the historical issues across the face of humanity.

He's also very entertaining, something that is all too important for success.  I wish more people had a chance to listen to him, as I'm sure with the right venue, his number could rival the big boys.

I totally agree.

He is very interesting and gives alotta variety to his shows.

Rush and Hannity are oppressivly boring with their shtick,alittle goes a long way with them,but Medved usually always has something fresh and interesting to discuss.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:55:17 PM EDT
[#21]
+1 for Michael Medved, even though I couldn't care less for his movie critic shtick.

Dennis Prager is good too.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:56:31 PM EDT
[#22]

Medved is great!  Hannity and Rushbo make me want to puke.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:07:31 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Just pick the time slot at the top of the page. If he is on the air, they will have several different streaming options listed for him,as well as others.

A great link to add to your favorites.

Streaming Links

Awesome link. Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:22:19 PM EDT
[#24]
He sucks...

I don't need shit that is made up.

I listen to that type of station to keep abreast.... not to have some guy posing as a queer holding a knife at someone's throat..... pure tripe.

Did I say not funny?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:30:10 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
He sucks...

I don't need shit that is made up.

I listen to that type of station to keep abreast.... not to have some guy posing as a queer holding a knife at someone's throat..... pure tripe.

Did I say not funny?

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:33:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Since I moved to my new work building I haven't been able to listen to Medved (too much steel in the buiilding structure I guess).

What does he have to say about the ROP?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top