Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2001 12:59:22 PM EDT
From NewsMax.  this makes me sick.  Easy to exploit the class envy - jealousy.

[blue]Thursday, Sept. 27, 2001 1:38 p.m. EDT

Mexicans Snapping Up 'bin Laden Hero' Shirts

Some may find it in dubious taste, but Mexico City street vendors are doing a brisk business selling "bin Ladin is my hero" T-shirts, the Australian Broadcasting Corp. reports today.

They are also selling rubber masks of the
Saudi-born extremist, who is believed to be the
mastermind of the deadly Sept. 11 terrorist
attacks.

Masks of President George W. Bush are also
popular.

Ricardo Esponda, who runs a mask-making firm, says the vendors "don't intend to offend anybody."

"We work in a business that creates fun, fantasy
and humor," he said.[/blue]
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 1:02:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I wonder how many of them will be wearing the shirts and masks when they try to jump the border into the US.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 1:09:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Ricardo Esponda, who runs a mask-making firm, says the vendors "don't intend to offend anybody."

"We work in a business that creates fun, fantasy
and humor," he said.
View Quote

Perhaps its because of the cultural differences but how in the hell can anybody believe that masks of Osama bin Laden won't be offensive to anybody.

Am I being a provincial American?
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 1:17:22 PM EDT
[#3]
That's it!  Seal the border and cut off aid!
Well, I guess that may be a slight over-reaction...

Let me see one of those shirts around here and there will be a police investigation, probably of me.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 1:20:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Let me see one of those shirts around here and there will be a police investigation, probably of me.
View Quote

Just tell 'em that you confused it with one of those bin laden as target t-shirts...
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 1:23:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Just tell 'em that you confused it with one of those bin laden as target t-shirts...
View Quote

Or, I'll say I thought it actually WAS ol' Binny.   Where's my $5,000,000???
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 2:08:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Or, I'll say I thought it actually WAS ol' Binny.   Where's my $5,000,000???
View Quote

It's 15mil now!  WooHoo!
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 2:15:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Why am I not surprised. I mean, after some national catastrophe occurs in one of our neighbors - like Canada, or say MEXICO - we usually print up a bunch of t-shirts celebrating it. It's good fun and humor you know.

Where's retrodog, or any of our other resident multi-culti's to jump in with a kind word for our misunderstood neighbors...

(Actually, what we do is send them aid, like immediately after their last disaster, a volcano erupting.)
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 3:11:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Jeez.  Are these the same Mexicans that got the Frito Bandito canned for being "culturally insensitive"?
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 3:33:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Why am I not surprised. I mean, after some national catastrophe occurs in one of our neighbors - like Canada, or say MEXICO - we usually print up a bunch of t-shirts celebrating it. It's good fun and humor you know.

Where's retrodog, or any of our other resident multi-culti's to jump in with a kind word for our misunderstood neighbors...

(Actually, what we do is send them aid, like immediately after their last disaster, a volcano erupting.)
View Quote

You called?

Has this turned up on ANY other news outlet other than the notoriously xenophobic NewsMax?
If I see it on FoxNews, I am going to be very happy, since maybe we will FINALLY get some control on the border down here. But I doubt anyone in Mexico is that stupid.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 4:58:29 PM EDT
[#10]
JUST REPORT EVERYTHING. If it is not true I would be very much relieved. However, the mere fact that it has not turned up on the networks means nothing. They censor news selectively. They are still not reporting that the Taliban appointed bin Laden to a high military postion in their government (according to a french paper also printed days before) just days before the attack - meaning he is part of the Taliban, and not a "guest" or even ally. Now that could be because they do not want to interfere with the foreign policy of the adminstration in dealing with the Taliban, and giving them an "out" to resolve the situation without a loss of face. But it is still censorship.

And I wasn't thinking of you ArmdLbrl. I actually find myself agreeing with you more than not. Who knows how long that will last! :)
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 5:08:39 PM EDT
[#11]
It's a "Hanoi Jane Fonda" conspiracy.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 5:09:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Maybe it's about time to start strafing the boarder again.

[-=(_)=-]

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 5:10:44 PM EDT
[#13]
drop the coronas here comes a cruise missle!!
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 6:45:24 PM EDT
[#14]
hey mexico, suck it
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 6:48:59 PM EDT
[#15]
ignorant bastards aren't they?

[50]   [50]    [50]
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 6:59:13 PM EDT
[#16]
[-!-]
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 7:07:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Bring em all over here and let's collect our $5,000,000.00 reward.

Day of the dead coming soon!
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 7:24:07 PM EDT
[#18]
"Why am I not surprised. I mean, after some national catastrophe occurs in one of our neighbors - like Canada, or say MEXICO - we usually print up a bunch of t-shirts celebrating it. It's good fun and humor you know.

(Actually, what we do is send them aid, like immediately after their last disaster, a volcano erupting.)"  posted by shooter69

Gees, sorry for the delay. It's like I've said time and time again, "No race or group has a patent on stupidity." No matter how much money you give someone, they always want more and end up jealous cause you have more than them. Then they're resentful about having to take handouts from you. Maybe some of them are indeed idiots. Or maybe it's just getting close to Halloween and they can't find anything else scarier to wear.

But this is just one report of an instance/situation. It's probably no different than someone tuning into a US station and seeing a KKK gathering or Farakhan march or blah blah blah. This kind of stuff happens here all the time and we have gotten so used to it that we can pretend that it doesn't. Why??? Cause our perception is that it is only a certain group that doesn't represent you and me. So now we see a bunch of idiots in Mexico doing something stupid. BFD, it's bad taste at best and I am certainly not going to speak up for them (the ones buying the masks). But they don't represent Mexicans as a whole. As soon as you start to believe that they do, then you're agreeing with any foriegner who thinks Farakhan speeks for you.

Try not to have too small of a mind.
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 7:38:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Nobody wearing that Diaper Heads Shirt shall intimidate this American!  We shall Stand together and enjoy freedom, and find a way to clean ourselves of diaper crap almost us!

We are the last of freedom loving people who live it in this great land of ours.

If not so, why would millions want to come to this country, including THOSE Asses who hate us, but want to come here and work and feed their families abroad, not just Mexico, Pakistan and Middle East. Thats the ? they can not answer and choke on it, because nobody asked them to come here.

Also... God Bless our Babes in Blue and White Strips!  [;)] woohoo!
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 8:44:55 PM EDT
[#20]
FUCK MEXICO!!!
[-!-] [50]
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 8:54:35 PM EDT
[#21]
something about this report smells a little fishy. kinda seems to serve the Anti - Mexico crowd. Isn't GWB and Vincente Fox's friendship cool?
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 10:26:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Does anybody think we will ever actually try to seal the borders?  If so, what kind of terrorist actions do you think it would take to provoke it?
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 10:57:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Imagine,....Some poor Mexican dude, wearing an Osama Bin laden mask, crosses the border and runs into the [b]wrong[/b] group of Americans.

"[b]CLEATUS![/b].....[b]CLEATUS![/b]....[b]WAKE UP![b].....I think I jus seen me that Obi Wan Kenobi feller o'er yonder............[b]THERE HE IS![/b]....[b]GIT'IM![/b]" (hail of gunfire,...pause to reload,....second hail of gunfire)
[uzi]
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 11:08:06 PM EDT
[#24]
The Texas State Fair begins tomorrow in Dallas.
Security will be tight it is said.

Shame that it's a whole lot easier getting into the USA than it is into the Texas State Fair!

We should at least charge admission!

The Hollywood Left is one group that would certainly understand the concept of a 'good box office' for entry into America!

Eric The(AfterTheShow,TheyGotToLeaveThough)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/27/2001 11:13:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Post from retrodog -
It's like I've said time and time again, "No race or group has a patent on stupidity."
View Quote

Yes, but you forgot the Hun Corollary to the Retrodog Doctrine! "But that doesn't appear to keep some races or groups from trying to apply for one."

Eric The(JustThinkRooseveltCorollaryToMonroeDoctrine)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 12:01:32 AM EDT
[#26]
I do not know where you guys get your information from but there currently
is 25 million dollars on bin ladins
head.
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 12:23:10 AM EDT
[#27]
I thought it was 5 million for Bin Laden and 25 million for the rest of Al Queda(sp?).

Alex
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 4:58:02 AM EDT
[#28]
"Yes, but you forgot the Hun Corollary to the Retrodog Doctrine! "But that doesn't appear to keep some races or groups from trying to apply for one." posted by ericthe(yajustgottalovehimsometimes,butnotlikethat)hun.

I'll second you on that one big guy.

In fact, I think someone should go buy a few of those masks and then put them on some manequins. We could then blow them up at the fair. People would get a kick outta than. You could also put one on the bell at the top of those things that they hit with the mallet. Then you could make little Osama baloons and let people throw darts at them. Charge a few bucks for each activity and then send the money to NY for the relief fund.

That's it, somebody should have a "Destroy Osama" fesitval with all sorts of carnival game attractions based on killing the SOB. Good therapy for the people and money for charity.

Link Posted: 9/28/2001 5:58:52 AM EDT
[#29]
All your tacos are belong to us.

Ranger Out
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 6:26:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
All your tacos are belong to us.

Ranger Out
View Quote

The most intelligent thing any of us have said!
Link Posted: 9/28/2001 7:07:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top