BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/8/2005 6:43:56 PM EDT
Two Mexican Police Officers Accused of Raping U.S. Tourist

ASSOCIATED PRESS

CIUDAD JUAREZ, Mexico (AP) -- Two Ciudad Juarez police officers were charged Monday with the rape of a U.S. tourist, authorities said.

Officers Gerardo Hinojosa and Juan Jose Castorena were accused of rape by a 24-year-old tourist from El Paso, Texas, who filed a complaint Saturday, Ciudad Juarez Police Chief Juan Salgado said.

Salgado said the officers have been suspended pending an investigation.

The woman told investigators the officers stopped her and her husband as they were getting out of a night club and arrested him for drinking in public. When she offered them a $50-dollar bribe to let her husband go, she said the officers put her in their patrol truck and raped her, Salgado said.

The officers denied the charges and said the woman was drunk when they arrested her husband. However, state investigators said a rape test had turned up positive.

Ciudad Juarez, a city of 1.3 million people, is across from El Paso, Texas.

Going to Mexico is a bad idea.  Getting drunk in Mexico is a really bad idea.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:46:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:47:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:47:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Speechless.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:48:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:48:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:48:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Never fear, they're bringing it all here as fast as they can creep across the borders.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:48:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Fucking savages! I'd fucking kill them if that was my wife!
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:48:57 PM EDT
[#8]
There are men in Mexico who do nice work for a very reasonable amount of money. I hope the woman's husband is able to make some arrangements.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:49:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Thats a surprise?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:49:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Roger that.  Visiting a border town is VERY risky!

No shit. If someone is so curious to see how they live on the other side, just drive to a Mexican neighborhood in your hometown and park your car. There ya go.

HS1
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:50:49 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Stay out of 3rd world countries!

If they did that to her, these scumbags should be drawn and quartered.  Unfortunately, the non-corrupt government would not do thing one about it.  

+1000

HH
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:51:02 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
There are men in Mexico who do nice work for a very reasonable amount of money. I hope the woman's husband is able to make some arrangements.

yup yup..lived in El Paso for most my life before I moved here...can be taken care of.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:51:52 PM EDT
[#13]
He's probably going to get a medal for it from President(Dictator) Foxe..

If she had been in Aruba. Nobody would have known about it.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:52:05 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

<sarcasm on>  We should GIVE THEM THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT until we hear the officers side of it.  <sarcasm off>
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:54:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:55:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Reason #3,639 to stay out of Mexico.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:58:12 PM EDT
[#17]
It has been a while since they have seen what a bunch of pissed off gringos can do.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:00:07 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

That number should really be in the millions.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:00:29 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Copy that.  I made my fair share of trips to Tiajuana (read: Armpit of Mexico) while I was stationed in San Diego in the late 80's.  A bunch Jarheads weren't that hard to pick out of a crowd but we managed to stay outta trouble for the most part.  They were corrupt before then and will be tommorow.  The cops would impose fines (for cash) on the spot or take you to jail.  Finally decided it just wasn't worth it.  I say Fuck Border Towns.  You go there to spend money and they look for ways to take more of it.  Or from the sound of it take whatever else they can.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:00:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Oh well. Another young woman learns the hard way about partying in a third world shit hole.

Only way to party in Mex. is in a resort where the bribe-seeking local cops are cheaply bought and paid for by the management to stay the hell away. In many third world countries the cops are paid squat and expect to make their money off of graft and corruption. It helps that they are armed and the populace are not.

When I lived in the Middle East $50 would get you out of a DUI and back into your car. Every other crime was similarly negotiable, from the rape of a prized goat to the murder of a relative, as long as the police and the relatives were paid off there was no criminal case.

I was once late and clocked at 210kph in a 60kph highway in the middle of nowhere. $5 was worth it. I got that "fine" a few times.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:03:30 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I'd be willing to donate $10 to the cause if they could verify their bona fides. Could I get a prize for that, maybe a pinky?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:04:44 PM EDT
[#22]
What'd they do to her dog?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:07:41 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

You don't want to know.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:09:22 PM EDT
[#24]
...and we let these fine, honorable Mexican people pour into our country by the millions....do you really think they leave this sort of corrupt behavior behind!  Seal the borders........minefields if necessary.  I want my country back!  Let them fix their own.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:10:08 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd be willing to donate $10 to the cause if they could verify their bona fides. Could I get a prize for that, maybe a pinky?

I'm in for $10

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:15:27 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Does that mean visiting a border town in Canada is a bad idea?  
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:15:57 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

+1

Those filthy mother fuckers would definately see me again....and it would get real ugly real fast.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:16:04 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You don't want to know.

Pinata...
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:21:42 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Those cops probably belong a drug lord and can't be off'd without permission and a good reason (like not killing informants and shit).
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:58:45 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
...and we let these fine, honorable Mexican people pour into our country by the millions....do you really think they leave this sort of corrupt behavior behind!  Seal the borders........minefields if necessary.  I want my country back!  Let them fix their own.

+1

Build the wall ! ! !  
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:22:51 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Just another reason we need to close the border and armor up!  
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:32:16 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

ASSOCIATED PRESS

CIUDAD JUAREZ, Mexico (AP) -- Two Ciudad Juarez police officers were charged Monday with the rape of a U.S. tourist, authorities said.

Officers Gerardo Hinojosa and Juan Jose Castorena were accused of rape by a 24-year-old tourist from El Paso, Texas, who filed a complaint Saturday, Ciudad Juarez Police Chief Juan Salgado said.

Salgado said the officers have been suspended pending an investigation.

The woman told investigators the officers stopped her and her husband as they were getting out of a night club and arrested him for drinking in public. When she offered them a $50-dollar bribe to let her husband go, she said the officers put her in their patrol truck and raped her, Salgado said.

The officers denied the charges and said the woman was drunk when they arrested her husband. However, state investigators said a rape test had turned up positive.

Ciudad Juarez, a city of 1.3 million people, is across from El Paso, Texas.

Oh yeah and her dog was behaving aggresively.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:40:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Amazing that someone who lives so close to Mexico would actually visit that shithole.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:53:18 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Amazing that someone who lives so close to Mexico would actually visit that shithole.

Amazing, isn't? I don't get it either.What exactly is the lure of a COMPLETE shit hole as a place to visit? Visiting a Mexican border town, voluntarily? Why?

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:59:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Coming soon to a neighborhood near you, if it is not already here.........
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:03:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Where's Creasy??
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:13:43 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Speechless.

Is that sarcasm?  Or are you really that shocked?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:17:29 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Where's Creasy??

with Wildey......hopefully they'll be here soon.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:39:08 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

True.

Quoted:

Yep.

Quoted:
Stay out of 3rd world countries!

Exactly.

Quoted:
People will never learn.

You know how I would have avoided that????  By not going to that damned hell-hole of a country.

Yep.

Quoted:
Never fear, they're bringing it all here as fast as they can creep across the borders.

Damn fucking straight.

Quoted:

Oh it'd be a fucking "international incident".

Quoted:
If someone is so curious to see how they live on the other side, just drive to a Mexican neighborhood in your hometown and park your car. There ya go.

There ya go.

Quoted:

I hear ya'.

Quoted:
It has been a while since they have seen what a bunch of pissed off gringos can do.

Sad but true.

Quoted:
Oh well. Another young woman learns the hard way about partying in a third world shit hole.

That's right.

Quoted:

Fuckin' A!

Quoted:

Yep.

Quoted:
Coming soon to a neighborhood near you, if it is not already here.........

True.

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:20:08 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Amazing, isn't? I don't get it either.What exactly is the lure of a COMPLETE shit hole as a place to visit? Visiting a Mexican border town, voluntarily? Why?

Hate to break it to you but the majority of visitors to clubs in Juarez are College kids from El Paso and Las Cruces.  18 year olds can get as much booze/drugs/sex as they want on the cheap, no questions.  I have yet to meet a girl in Cruces that has not made at least one trip to "J-town".  Something to think about when checking out schools for your daughter to go to.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:34:09 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Copy that.  I made my fair share of trips to Tiajuana (read: Armpit of Mexico) while I was stationed in San Diego in the late 80's.  A bunch Jarheads weren't that hard to pick out of a crowd but we managed to stay outta trouble for the most part.  They were corrupt before then and will be tommorow.  The cops would impose fines (for cash) on the spot or take you to jail.  Finally decided it just wasn't worth it.  I say Fuck Border Towns.  You go there to spend money and they look for ways to take more of it.  Or from the sound of it take whatever else they can.

Very true.  The g/f and I went to Tijuana for dinner one night when we visited S.D.  We got pulled over for not wearing our seatbelts (even though twenty or so station wagons whizzed by with un-restrained children occupying every inch of the vehicle).  We also apparently failed to note the sign upon entering Mexico which said 'mexican insurance" req'd.  Bullshit.  The bastard "cops" decided that if I forked over $150 we could go back to the U.S., no problemos.  I told them I had $50, they took it-- ADIOS CABRONES!

Corrupt as an organization could ever get
F$ck that place...
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 2:26:03 AM EDT
[#42]
I'll never understand why people visit 3rd world shit holes
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:18:59 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

{Begin George Bush voice}......"NO!, but thank you for sharing your input.".......{End George Bush voice}
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:16:07 AM EDT
[#44]
Nuke Mexico!!! I for one would never set foot in that shithole!
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:21:46 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:23:54 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Speechless.

AS bad as this is, we should be SPEECHLESS and ANGERED  at the murdering going on in and around the border of southern TX towns!
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:20:46 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Speechless.

Is that sarcasm?  Or are you really that shocked?

I was that shocked the time I first read it. From what I have read/heard about those border areas I'm actually surprised the scumbag cops did not take them somewhere and kill them. Raping a US citizen and then send them on their way would no doubt bring a lot of attention to yourself. They are actually lucky to be alive.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:26:32 AM EDT
[#48]
That said, it probably does say something that the Mexican authorities have charged them.

NTM
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:38:03 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

So true.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:49:47 AM EDT
[#50]
That's what you get for trying to bribe an LEO.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top