User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2005 12:02:39 AM EDT
http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/local/articles/0308delegation08.html

Mexico pushes Prop. 200 concerns
Chris Hawley
Republic Mexico City Bureau
Mar. 8, 2005 12:00 AM
MEXICO CITY - A group of Mexican senators is heading to Arizona to investigate the effects of Proposition 200 amid growing fears in Mexico that other states will copy the measure.

The senators plan to meet with Mexican diplomats and migrants, Phoenix Mayor Phil Gordon and state Attorney General Terry Goddard, said Domingo Clavel, technical secretary for the Senate's Human Rights Committee.

"The purpose is to see what the real effects of Law 200 are," Clavel said on Monday. "They want to analyze it, to try to keep these types of laws from spreading all along the border."
Proposition 200 was approved by Arizona voters in November.

It requires all Arizonans to show proof of citizenship when applying to vote and proof of legal residency when applying for certain government benefits.
The Mexican delegation includes Miguel Sadot Sánchez Carreño, chairman of the Senate's Human Rights Commission, and six other senators from all three of the main political parties in Mexico, Clavel said.

They will arrive in Phoenix on Wednesday and leave Saturday.

Gordon and Goddard's offices confirmed the visits.

Clavel said the senators also plan to meet with groups that campaigned against Proposition 200, as well as Daniel Ortega, the Phoenix lawyer helping to challenge the measure in court.

On Sunday, Mexico's National Commission on Human Rights blamed the Arizona law for inspiring immigration-control advocates to seek similar measures in Arkansas, Colorado, California, Idaho, Nevada and Georgia.
It also voiced concern over the Minuteman Project, a plan by activists to mount a civilian patrol on the Arizona-Mexico border in April.
The commission said it was worried that anti-immigrant sentiment was obscuring the important role Mexican migrants play in the U.S. economy.

"The United States cannot ignore or downplay the fact that migrant workers, documented or not, make an important contribution in productivity to the economy of that country," the commission said in a written statement.

"They should be subject to the social protection and benefits that the state confers, and in all cases, receive a dignified and respectful recognition of their fundamental rights," it said.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mexican Senators don't want Americans to keep NON-PRODUCTIVE Illegal Aliens off Welfare?
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 12:11:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I wonder if these "Senators" have the proper visas or do they plan to swim across like all the others?
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 12:15:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Shoot them on sight.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 12:16:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Why dont they just admit they like to send their poor people here so that their own fat corrupt government can avoid  their responsiblitys.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 12:20:55 AM EDT
[#4]
whats a senator make over there 5K?
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 12:23:03 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I wonder if these "Senators" have the proper visas or do they plan to swim across like all the others?

I wonder if they are planning on voting or collecting welfare benefits while they are here
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 12:26:50 AM EDT
[#6]
i crossed the gborder im really tired and drank some alchohols with my amigos in mesicans
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 12:27:45 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
i crossed the gborder im really tired and drank some alchohols with my amigos in mesicans

Watch out for syphalis.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 12:49:10 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Watch out for syphalis.

For those that don't know, SAW_Gunner started a thread asking about Syphilis
(guess he missed out on those training films)

Quoted:

Quoted:
What the fuck?

It's an STD and bad news.

what if you wear a jimmy/?

Link Posted: 3/13/2005 1:00:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Here is a group of students that are apparently protesting FOR ILLEGAL ALIENS
They say Bush has got the border locked down too tight(heh)

http://arizona.indymedia.org/news/2005/02/24845_comment.php
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 1:29:45 AM EDT
[#10]
hahahah i dropped my buddies off in mexico last night, i wonder if they ever made it back............
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 3:58:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Will the senators be selling orange on freeway offramps?
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 4:05:02 AM EDT
[#12]
If they are crossing the Rio Grande, they will have to do it in El Paso, because it's just a five strand fence and open desert West of that.  The river doesn't become the border until it it touches boundary marker #1 on the Texas/New Mexico border.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 2:43:49 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
If they are crossing the Rio Grande, they will have to do it in El Paso, because it's just a five strand fence and open desert West of that.  The river doesn't become the border until it it touches boundary marker #1 on the Texas/New Mexico border.

Figurative title........
This is the part I feel is out of the ordinary......

MEXICO CITY - A group of Mexican senators is heading to Arizona to investigate the effects of Proposition 200 amid growing fears in Mexico that other states will copy the measure.

"They want to analyze it, to try to keep these types of laws from spreading all along the border."

It requires all Arizonans to show proof of citizenship when applying to VOTE and proof of legal residency when applying for certain government benefits.

Where on Earth did these jacka$$e$ get the idea they should be allowed to VOTE IN THE USA?
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 2:46:07 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Shoot them on sight.

+100
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 2:55:55 PM EDT
[#15]

"The United States cannot ignore or downplay the fact that migrant workers, documented or not, make an important contribution in productivity to the economy of that country,"

F-U  you retard senator !  I voted FOR prop. 200 to keep people that you encourage to come here from stealing away my tax dollars !  I can't believe that this "undocumented" BS is catching on.  THEY'RE ILLEGALS !  HELLO!    hope
It's bad enough that is some parts of the Phoenix area, the USA dammit, that there are billboards all over the place in a certain language I can't read.  

Nothing more than a slow invasion.

Maybe Mr. Stupid should go back to his little shithole of a country and try to make HIS country better so people won't want to flee it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 3:37:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Why don't we just go down to Mexico and vote the incumbant party out of office?

Oh, but they will want us to actually be citizens in order to vote there.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 3:46:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Why not just invade Mexico and make it a protectorate
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 4:06:34 PM EDT
[#18]
We already have their people, might as well have the real estate that goes with it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 4:24:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Man, that article just floors me!  Where in hell did we jump the track?  Why are we even talking to Mexican Senators that want to investigate the effect of one of our mandates?  Who the hell is in charge, anyway?

If you need further, just read the article in World Net Daily I read this morning!

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=43275
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 4:36:25 PM EDT
[#20]
No terrorists have come across the border?

http://www.detnews.com/2005/nation/0503/02/A05-105122.htm

Wednesday, March 2, 2005
Dearborn resident helped terror group
Man admits he hosted meetings at his home to raise funds for militants based in Middle East.
By David Shepardson / The Detroit News

DEARBORN -- A Dearborn man pleaded guilty Tuesday to providing material support to Hezbollah, a foreign terrorist organization.

Mahmoud Youssef Kourani, 33, admitted to hosting meetings at his Dearborn home during Ramadan in 2002 and allowing a Lebanese man to solicit donations from people there for Hezbollah.

The U.S. government considers Hezbollah, a Lebanese group known as Party of God, to be a terrorist organization. The group's goals, the government says, include the eradication of "Western imperialism" from the Middle East.

Hezbollah has conducted many high-profile terrorist attacks, including the killing of a Marine lieutenant in 1989.

Under the plea deal with the U.S. Attorney's Office, Kourani faces no more than five years in prison. Under the original charge, he faced up to 15 years. He will be sentenced June 14 by U.S. District Judge Robert H. Cleland.

Federal agents found thousands of dollars and evidence of wire transfers when they searched Kourani in May 2003. He was then charged with housing an illegal immigrant.

The U.S. Attorney's Office said Kourani bribed a Mexican consular official in Beirut to get a visa to travel to Mexico. Kourani and a traveling companion then paid another man in Mexico to be smuggled across the southern U.S. border Feb. 4, 2001, the government said.

Kourani received training in weaponry, spy craft and counterintelligence in Lebanon and Iran, the government said. It also said Kourani was "a member, fighter, recruiter and fund-raiser for Hezbollah."

His brother is Hezbollah's chief of military security in southern Lebanon and oversaw Kourani's activities.
Kourani, a carpenter, has been in custody since May 2003, when federal agents searched his house on Argyle Street in Dearborn and charged him with harboring an illegal immigrant. Kourani pleaded guilty, served six months in a federal prison and was awaiting deportation in an immigration facility when he was indicted in 2004 on the terror charge.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 4:37:19 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/13/2005 4:52:32 PM EDT
[#22]
FAKE DRIVERS LICENSES AND STOLEN SS NUMBERS !!
http://www.theledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2005503120371

Published Saturday, March 12, 2005

Illegal Alien Gets Into Nuclear Plant
3 men used bogus Social Security numbers to work at Crystal River.

By Cory Reiss
Ledger Washington Bureau

WASHINGTON -- The Nuclear Regulatory Commission and other agencies are investigating how at least one illegal immigrant used a false Social Security number to work inside the Crystal River nuclear power plant.

The Immigration and Customs Enforcement division of the Department of Homeland Security detained three Mexican citizens at the site Thursday and charged them with entering the country illegally. At least one worked inside the nuclear complex under supervision, a spokesman for the power plant said.

All three men used false Social Security numbers to obtain work through a contractor for Progress Energy, which owns the site north of Tampa that includes one nuclear reactor and four coalfired power generators, according to the company and an immigration spokeswoman.

The incident raised concerns about soft spots in nuclear security that terrorists could exploit.

"Of all the places where an illegal alien should not be, this is like at the top of the list," said Rep. Ginny Brown-Waite, a Republican who lives near the plant, which is in her congressional district.

Browne-Waite's 5th Congressional District includes the northern portion of Polk County.

Progress Energy and a spokesman for the NRC said there was never any danger, even if the men were intent on doing harm -- something no one claims.

Workers that were part of a crew doing maintenance and painting were under constant supervision in the nuclear complex and went through standard metal detector and X-ray-screening, they said.

All three men used driver's licenses to enter the facility after an initial computer check of their Social Security numbers failed to alert Progress Energy that they were either fake or stolen, said Rick Kimble, a Progress spokesman in Raleigh, N.C.

Brown-Waite said the arrests show why Congress should pass legislation that would set nationwide standards for issuing driver's licenses. Supporters of the bill, known as the Real ID Act, say it is needed to deter terrorists from obtaining identification relied on by airlines and other industries. The House has passed the bill, but the Senate has not.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top