Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2005 6:16:25 PM EDT
Mexican Migration Officials Arrest Three Iraqis Near U.S. Border
The Associated Press
Aug 28, 2005
ap.tbo.com/ap/breaking/MGBW5JQUXCE.html
MEXICO CITY (AP) - Three Iraqis carrying invalid Greek passports have been detained in the northern Mexican city of Mexicali, across the U.S. border from California, Mexico's Interior Department announced Sunday.
The three Iraqis told Mexican officials they were Christians attempting to reach the United States to seek asylum from religious persecution, according to a government news release.

Last month, Mexico's attorney general's office announced that a Greek citizen was being held over for trial on charges he participated in a smuggling network that sold fake Greek passports to Iraqi migrants bound for the United States.

It was unclear if the recently arrested Iraqi migrants face prosecution or expulsion from Mexico.

The Interior Department referred all questions to the National Migration Institute, where officials could not be reached for comment. The federal attorney general's office had no further information.

The Iraqis were detained by migration officials within the "last few days," according to the Interior Department statement.

Greek Dimitrios Kiassos faces trial on charges he participated in a smuggling network that charged Iraqi migrants US$6,000 (euro5,000) for fake passports with the goal of reaching Tijuana, across the U.S. border from San Diego, and later crossing into the United States, according to prosecutors.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:18:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Lovely
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:19:35 PM EDT
[#2]
They only found 3?

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:20:08 PM EDT
[#3]

Well I guess they didn't have enough pesos to bribe them.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:20:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:21:30 PM EDT
[#5]
[bush]they smuggle in the terrorists that Americans won't[/bush]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:23:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Damn you're good at finding these stories.

For every 3 we catch, what....100 get in?

Shit's gonna hit the fan someday....

HH
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:24:20 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
They only found 3?

Exactly! They only found three. I wonder how many potential jihadists they didn't find....

SEAL THE FUCKN BORDER ALREADY................Sheeesh...
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:26:57 PM EDT
[#8]
I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:29:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Real nice. One of these days the federal governments border policy is going to bite everybody in the ass.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:30:31 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
They only found 3?

Exactly! They only found three. I wonder how many potential jihadists they didn't find....

The head of the BP was instructed to estimate the percentage of illegals that were caught
(in congressional hearing, he was not happy about having to give an actual number)

He estimates that we only catch half the illegal border crossers(and then release them inside the US)

But, I would imagine that well financed trained determined terrorists would have a greater success rate............
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:44:07 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
They only found 3?

The head of the BP was instructed to estimate the percentage of illegals that were caught
(in congressional hearing, he was not happy about having to give an actual number)

He estimates that we only catch half the illegal border crossers(and then release them inside the US)

But, I would imagine that well financed trained determined terrorists would have a greater success rate............

Hell yes. Well trained determined terrorists wouldnt have any problem at all. The Paki woman with the fake passport that was arrested by the FBI several months ago had slipped in 200 hundred times with no problem.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:49:29 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
They only found 3?

Hell yes. Well trained determined terrorists wouldnt have any problem at all. The Paki woman with the fake passport that was arrested by the FBI several months ago had slipped in 200 hundred times with no problem.

Don't forget the pregnant illegal that was deported, she made it back to Ark in less than ten days
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:51:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Now, remember those RPG's being used in Mexico recently?

AK-47's and RPG's are dirt cheap in the third world. How many are these bastards bringing into our country over the border? How organized are these people?
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:52:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 1:45:58 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
There have been stories of groups of 5-10 Iraqis crossing the border for months and months.

$5 says that they let them go.

Indeed they will, and we still haven't learned from past mistakes....Remember this foiled plot to bomb a nyc subway train? Gazi Ibrahim Abu Mezer, one of the bombers, was caught trying to enter the US via Canada three times. The first two times he was  returned to Canada. The third time Canada refused to take him back because he had known terrorist ties. What did the US do? You guessed it - they let him free in the US on his own recognizance pending a deportation hearing....Two months later he was arrested and charged with trying to bomb a subway train. Sadly, we have learned nothing!!!!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 1:58:14 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

AK-47's and RPG's are dirt cheap in the third world. How many are these bastards bringing into our country over the border? How organized are these people?

I want to know how much for a RPG and a six pack of rockets!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 2:19:19 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I want to know how much for a RPG and a six pack of rockets!

I bet they would deliver too, its not like they would have a problem getting them over the border
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 2:26:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 2:48:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:13:08 AM EDT
[#20]
If they really are Iraqi Christians, then they are being smart coming here.  If they're just terrorists who are covering up, feed 'em to the coyotes.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:28:32 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
If they really are Iraqi Christians, then they are being smart coming here.  If they're just terrorists who are covering up, feed 'em to the coyotes.

"Three Iraqis carrying invalid Greek passports "

Probably just tourists
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:35:23 PM EDT
[#22]
wth were they thinking?  Iraqis do not look anything like greeks...
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:38:46 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
wth were they thinking?  Iraqis do not look anything like greeks...

They were thinking "Americans are stupid, all we have to do is go under one fence at the CA border"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top