Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/14/2006 7:11:12 AM EDT
Sorry if a dupe - Mexicans are going to boycott American products on May 1st.  In kind, I'll make sure I don't purchase any mexican food, drinks or products. Shit....let's make our boycott last a month.  Fucking ungrateful jackoffs.    Hit the link.

"Nothing GRINGO" day
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:13:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes it is a dupe, about 4 or 5 at least...

But hey, lines will be shorter. The roads will be safer.

I am all for them buying nothing gringo...This will have as much impact as those million people marches.

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:18:24 AM EDT
[#2]
As long as the word is getting out......THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS!  We don't need them.  Send them all home if they want to be this way.  Otherwise, STFU and start paying taxes and flying the AMERICAN flag.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:27:00 AM EDT
[#3]
"The protest is timed to coincide with a May 1 boycott of work and shopping in the United States that also has been dubbed "A Day Without Immigrants." The boycott, which grew out of huge pro-migrant marches across the United States, is designed to pressure Congress to legalize millions of undocumented people."

More like "A Day Without Illegal Immigrants" to me.

Oh, yeah, I'll go on a big shopping spree on May 1st to show my support for the gringos.  No mexican products for me that day.

I'll even dine out and fill up my belly at buffets where Illegals frequent during lunch time, so they feel less of a brunt of economic boycott.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:27:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Does that mean I can't eat at Taco Bell?

-James
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:29:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Does this mean that they won't be flooding our emergency rooms, using our public schools or our hard earned tax dollars?  If so I wish they would continue to protest.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:32:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Four days later is when the SHTF and the mexican flags come out. Im forecasting. Large demonstrations, parades and much vocalisation.

Cinco De mayo
5th of may
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:38:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:41:16 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Does that mean I can't eat at Taco Bell?

-James

Taco Bell is owned by Yum Brand an American Company out of Louiseville KY. They own Pizza Hut, Long John Silver, A&W and KFC. Spun off from Pepsico back in the early nineties. They just chose to capitalize on Mexican food products. If you have ever been to Mexico, they don't have chalupas there or any other wacked out Amercian made concoction.

So you are safe in eating Taco Hell...errr....I mean Bell.

i just learned about Yum! in my principles of management class.  it was the only one i couldn't CLEP for my associate's.  
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:09:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Gringo literarily means "foreigner" in Spanish. It’s become "white" over time, but the true sense of the word is foreigner...  

That's why I tell them: IN THIS COUNTRY, YOU'RE THE GRINGO.

And it has a fantastic effect.    

www.answers.com/topic/gringo

Word History:  In Latin America the word gringo is an offensive term for a foreigner, particularly an American or English person. But the word existed in Spanish before this particular sense came into being. In fact, gringo may be an alteration of the word griego, the Spanish development of Latin Graecus, "Greek." Griego first meant "Greek, Grecian," as an adjective and "Greek, Greek language," as a noun. The saying "It's Greek to me" exists in Spanish, as it does in English, and helps us understand why griego came to mean "unintelligible language" and perhaps, by further extension of this idea, "stranger, that is, one who speaks a foreign language." The altered form gringo lost touch with Greek but has the senses "unintelligible language,"
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:12:17 AM EDT
[#10]
So.  May 5th is coming up. What about Corona's?
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:14:20 AM EDT
[#11]
I thought "gringo" was from when the Mexicans heard the US Army doing the marching cadences back in the day:

"Blood makes the grass GROW GREEN" ....and some dyslexic Mexican dude got it all backwards and told his buddies that "...Mexican blood will grass green grow...."

Or something like that.

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:16:19 AM EDT
[#12]
How can you boycott Mexican products?  Not buy their beer or tequila?  What the fuck else do they MAKE?  
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:17:12 AM EDT
[#13]
When the American troops marched victoriously into Mexico City, they sang a popular song of the day, "Green Grows the Lylac."  The Mexicans picked up on the GreenGrow part and created the word Gringo.

The word Yankee comes from a slur aimed at the Dutch living in the former colony of New Amsterdam.  It is a corruption of the Dutch words for John and cheese ( Yon case...or something close to that).  

Or so I have been told.

One day boycotts are idiotic.  It merely speeds up or simply delays inevtiable consumption.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:17:27 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
How can you boycott Mexican products?  Not buy their beer or tequila?  What the fuck else do they MAKE?  

litter

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:18:03 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Many of the parts in our CARS these days, for one.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:18:41 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Many of the parts in our CARS these days, for one.

Well, I'll be sure to avoid buying a car on May 1st then.  
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:18:44 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Daisey Fuentes and Christina Auglera and Cheech and Chong and Speedy Gonzales and that drug from cow poop that makes you see stuff and crappy Te-Amo cigars and Montezuma's Revege...

The list can go on for days
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:18:28 AM EDT
[#18]
I have called CNN.com.  They apologized and are looking into editing the racial/national slur out of the headline
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:26:05 AM EDT
[#19]
I believe I heard Barbara Boxer on the radio yesterday justifying her support of the Mexican Walkout or whatever its called.  Despite the fact that her California business constituents could lose millions (that's just from the legal, or citizens of Mexican heritage) she was obligated as a US Senator to represent citizens and NON-CITIZENS alike!

Can you F**cking believe that!?  A US Senator saying they had a duty to represent NON CITIZENS.  I know she is a liberal (communist actually) asshat but that's just too much.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:26:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Those "poor immigrants" that would participate in this event must not want to be here.

We keep hearing that they only want to come here to get a better life, yet here they are protesting and not working.

Any illegal that actually shows up to work that day should be commended.  They must actually want to be here.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:30:31 AM EDT
[#21]
How about if they just boycott this country altogether?

That will teach us. If they went back to Mexico and never returned THEN we'd be sorry.

That's what they should do. It's the only way we are gonna learn.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:32:23 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I believe it was Lyle (maybe Tector) that said  "Mexicans, what else!"
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:37:05 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I have called CNN.com.  They apologized and are looking into editing the racial/national slur out of the headline

Really?
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:38:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Sorry, can't help you. Pechuga Mexicana has a hold on me.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:38:39 AM EDT
[#25]
I plan on a moderate spending spree at WalMart (ammo mostly), and I'm hoping for a more enjoyable experience with less of the usual scum.  

However, I seriously doubt that the Mexicans illegals around here (of which there are many) will be able to resists going to WalMart for even this day.   If I really was on the ball, I'd take a video camera and tape all the Mexicans I catch in WalMart that day.  
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:41:47 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Really?

Really.  Want to call them too?

(404) 827-1500

Ask for the cnn.com desk.

I asked the answer guy if he would title an article "No wetback" or "No Nigger day"?

He told me that he can see the concern and would contact the department posting the story to get it changed.

If you call, please be polite.  Honey works better than vinigar.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:47:05 AM EDT
[#27]
BOYCOTT CINCO DE MAYO!!! Tell your friends.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:50:07 AM EDT
[#28]
The first day of ANY month is the stupidest possible day to boycott anything, because welfare checks come out on that day, and all the parasites go on spending sprees.  I doubt that they are going to let some aztlanista boycott is going to get between them and their immediate gratification.

Ask any retail manager in a deteriorated neighborhood.

On the other hand, lots of honest folks get paid once a month on the first and splurge.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:56:47 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Anchor babies
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 10:01:36 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
When the American troops marched victoriously into Mexico City, they sang a popular song of the day, "Green Grows the Lylac."  The Mexicans picked up on the GreenGrow part and created the word Gringo.

The word Yankee comes from a slur aimed at the Dutch living in the former colony of New Amsterdam.  It is a corruption of the Dutch words for John and cheese ( Yon case...or something close to that).  

Or so I have been told.

One day boycotts are idiotic.  It merely speeds up or simply delays inevtiable consumption.

Interesting. Could you opine on the origin of the term "damnyankee?"
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 10:03:55 AM EDT
[#31]

Just called and the operator could not get to the artical from their homepage so he said it had already been removed.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 10:11:06 AM EDT
[#32]

Found how to get to it and called back. They will forward the complaint to their executives.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 10:12:09 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or so I have been told.

Interesting. Could you opine on the origin of the term "damnyankee?"

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 10:35:15 AM EDT
[#34]
On May 1 I'm filing both my cars with gas, buying groceries, then stocking up on ammo at Walmart.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 10:39:39 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Nissan, Ford and VW vehicles.  Surefire Lamp assemblies.

Of course boycotting made in Mexico products is counter productive.  Every mexican making a living wage ast a ford plant in mexico is a mexican who is not sneaking over the border.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 10:43:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Is it wrong that some of my coworkers refer to Cinco de Mayon as "drinko on cinco?"

Is it wrong that in the tradition of drinko on cinco day they each try to impound 5 cars belonging to unlicensed drivers?
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 10:45:33 AM EDT
[#37]
What does Mexico export?

I used to drive a truck for a living. Occasionally I would pick up a load in Laredo Texas that came from Mexico and drive it north. One load was decorative tile, but I think that was made on the American side of the border.

But I did take several loads of what we called “Mexican Hangover” out of Laredo. It was crushed beer cans that were headed to a recycling plant in Tennessee.

So, based on my limited sampling, I would say that one of their chief exports actually is litter.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 12:14:15 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
BOYCOTT CINCO DE MAYO!!! Tell your friends.

+1
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 12:25:27 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Sorry if a dupe - Mexicans are going to boycott American products on May 1st.  In kind, I'll make sure I don't purchase any mexican food, drinks or products. Shit....let's make our boycott last a month.  Fucking ungrateful jackoffs.    Hit the link.

"Nothing GRINGO" day

Boycott them, boycott their illegal immigrants, too.   As it is, I don't purchase anything Mexican, assuming it's always on the label like it should be.  I try to buy domestic when possible.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top