Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/18/2009 7:25:46 AM EDT
i havent seen them since 2000 and with the last few albums i never thought i would again. but since death magnetic was so good i went anyway. had great seats and they kicked ass.

some pics for you.

the coffins were pretty badass.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:27:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Cool.

I didn't really like Death Magnetic, but one or two of the songs grew on me.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:27:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Wow, those coffins look sweet.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:28:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd love to go, but the $100+ tickets are ridiculous.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:29:21 AM EDT
[#4]
tickets were around $85.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:29:46 AM EDT
[#5]
I'll give them credit where its due. For whatever reason , they are still able to pack a stadium.  

My opinion, (hey, everyone has one) , they should have retired after AJFA ,  or  maybe  the Black Album.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:33:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'll give them credit where its due. For whatever reason , they are still able to pack a stadium.  

My opinion, (hey, everyone has one) , they should have retired after AJFA ,  or  maybe  the Black Album.

They should have retired after And Justice for All.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:34:43 AM EDT
[#7]
See much Skin?  I was at a Motley Crue concert a year or so ago and I would swear I was at a stipper convention.  More tits in a single day then I have seen in oh 16-years since I got married PLUS several years before that.  Most were worthy of showing off too
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:36:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Naw, Load and ReLoad were better than Kill 'Em All and Ride the Lightning.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:37:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Wish I had been there.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:41:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Great, another thread where people will bitch about them "selling out" or "sucking" after Justice. Here's a hint, don't like a song, skip it.
Metallica rocks. That is all.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:41:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Love em, James vocals sound like getting up there with age though.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:41:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wont argue with that. The Black Album was definately the turning point; and everything afterwards, for me, just wasnt the same.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:42:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Wait did you really just say Death Magnetic was good?  What the fuck?

Metallica hasn't been good for a long, long time.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:42:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Great, another thread where people will bitch about them "selling out" or "sucking" after Justice. Here's a hint, don't like a song, skip it.

How old are you?

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:43:44 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Wait did you really just say Death Magnetic was good?  What the fuck?

Metallica hasn't been good for a long, long time.

this - i use to love their shit back in college, after the whole napster thing they bitched about, the music went down hill.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:44:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Not a big fan, especially of anything after Master of Puppets.  But I've seen them four times and their shows are always great.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:45:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
See much Skin?  I was at a Motley Crue concert a year or so ago and I would swear I was at a stipper convention.  More tits in a single day then I have seen in oh 16-years since I got married PLUS several years before that.  Most were worthy of showing off too

I've said it before ,but the most outrageous concert I ever went to was a Bon Jovi concert I got dragged to in high school.    It was like fucking Sodom and Gomorrah.   As a 16 year old kid, I really had no idea what I was in for.   We got back stage passes, where we noticed that even the one-armed cyclops stage hands were two-at-a-timing the groupies.   I have never seen a greater spectacle of open debauchery at any time since.

Say what you will about the music, but those guys had the "sex" part from the venerable sex, drugs and rock & roll triumvirate taken care of, and then some.

ETA:   The "real" bands we saw –– Metallica, the Crue, Ozzy, Kiss, all had lots of groupies... but nothing like the hair band guys.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:46:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Did Hammett try to break a guitar this time?

He did that when I saw them in 91 or 92 for the Black album. He had a very hard time breaking it. I had to laugh. For a guy that rocks out as hard as he does you'd think it would be easier...
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:46:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Alpine Valley , Wisc. late 80's Van Halens  Monsters of rock tour was awesome.  Metallica kicked ass.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:46:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:47:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

My opinion, (hey, everyone has one) , they should have retired after AJFA , or maybe the Black Album.

This
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:48:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I'll go even futher to say they totally suck.  Don't like them at all.  I would say it didn't even sell out or if it did, it sold out at the last minute.  They were advertising it on tv and radio pretty heavy.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:48:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Seen them 7 times, once on Master with Cliff on bass, 3X AJFI and 3X Black album.  Not much interest in them now.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:51:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll go even futher to say they totally suck.  Don't like them at all.  I would say it didn't even sell out or if it did, it sold out at the last minute.  They were advertising it on tv and radio pretty heavy.

*Sigh*
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:56:58 AM EDT
[#25]

Yeah, because they should just sit back and let people steal their music.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:58:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

How old are you?

Oh I know I know, you listened to them back before they were on the radio and before the music videos and therefore your opinion is more valid than mine. Super.

OP posted a thread for fans, and then everyone else comes in here and shits on it. Awesome.

I'm younger than Master and older than Justice. Whoop-de-doo.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:07:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

the coffins were pretty badass.

Makes me think of Spinal Tap........

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:10:02 AM EDT
[#28]
the black album was the last good one... the garage sucked so badly, did they record that with a cheap radio shack tape recorder?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:13:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Hells yeah!
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:16:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Have any of you listened to the S&M CD?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KtF7ql3FJc

GOOD stuff!
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:20:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Have any of you listened to the S&M CD?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KtF7ql3FJc

GOOD stuff!

I have the DVD set.  The parts where they were playing good songs were good.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:22:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Saw Metallica twice during the 90's and they kicked ass!  Don't know how they are now though.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:24:58 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Epic FAIL.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:26:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Epic FAIL.

Judging by the emoticon he used, I think you need to have your sarcasm meter re-calibrated.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:29:15 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:35:06 AM EDT
[#36]
Watched them 10/08 here in KC, looks like they had the same set up as they did there. Pretty nice show, I wasn't really impressed with the balloons at the end while playing Seek and Destroy.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:35:13 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've said it before ,but the most outrageous concert I ever went to was a Bon Jovi concert I got dragged to in high school.    It was like fucking Sodom and Gomorrah.   As a 16 year old kid, I really had no idea what I was in for.   We got back stage passes, where we noticed that even the one-armed cyclops stage hands were two-at-a-timing the groupies.   I have never seen a greater spectacle of open debauchery at any time since.

Say what you will about the music, but those guys had the "sex" part from the venerable sex, drugs and rock & roll triumvirate taken care of, and then some.

ETA:   The "real" bands we saw –– Metallica, the Crue, Ozzy, Kiss, all had lots of groupies... but nothing like the hair band guys.

and the truth shall set you free... Preach it brother Gonzo. Preach it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:37:21 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Epic FAIL.

Judging by the emoticon he used, I think you need to have your sarcasm meter re-calibrated.

That's not the sarcasm emoticon. That's the "I'm going to voice a potentially unpopular opinion & see if I get flamed" emoticon.

THIS is the sarcasm emoticon:

ETA: or this:

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:38:30 AM EDT
[#39]
The older I get, the more their music sounds like annoying noises. Damn, I'm becoming my grandpa!
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:52:11 AM EDT
[#40]
I wanted to go to the show so bad... but I couldn't get good seats.  Not paying $90 for a shitty seat.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:59:35 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I wanted to go to the show so bad... but I couldn't get good seats.  Not paying $90 for a shitty seat.

I paid $100 for 1st row at the Rosemont in 1992. Caught a pick thrown by Kirk. Damn prices have gone up.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:03:55 AM EDT
[#42]
Saw them in Detroit earlier this year. Man, they kick ass live!

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:07:41 AM EDT
[#43]
Saw them earlier this year in Chicago. Great show! I really liked the stage set up.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:32:04 AM EDT
[#44]
What's the ratio of old good stuff to new crap that they play live now?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 12:36:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Metallica fuckin rules...
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 12:50:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

they played a lot of stuff from death magnetic, but i was glad to hear it.

in no particular order they played,

ride the lightning
where ever i may roam
sad but true
enter sandman
nothing else matters
last caress
motorbreath
seek and destroy (last song, james ran around with a mic letting the crowd sing)
master of puppets
sanitarium
disposable heroes
damage inc
one
and a lot of death magnetic songs

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:02:13 PM EDT
[#47]
I have seen them a couple of times (Black album and earlier tours) and I think they are horrible live.  But-AH! I think-AH! that they were-AH! the-AH!.....oh, for get it........AH!
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:11:50 PM EDT
[#48]
I saw them Tuesday in Cincinnati.  The sound quality was incredible, particularly for the crappy venue they had.  It was probably the best show I've ever seen.  The boys have their act together.

Yes, I'm an unapologetic Metallica fan.  I prefer their older stuff of course, but they still put out some excellent stuff.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:14:04 PM EDT
[#49]

I saw them on their Load and Reload tours. I have to say, they played one of the most enjoyable concerts I've been to.

I don't much care for anything after Reload, but I still think it's worth it to go see them.

Great pictures, btw.  Thanks for sharing.  It looks like it was a heck of a show.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:14:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

they played a lot of stuff from death magnetic, but i was glad to hear it.

in no particular order they played,

ride the lightning
where ever i may roam
sad but true
enter sandman
nothing else matters
last caress
motorbreath
seek and destroy (last song, james ran around with a mic letting the crowd sing)
master of puppets
sanitarium
disposable heroes
damage inc
one
and a lot of death magnetic songs

When did they start playing Damage Inc. live??

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top