User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/10/2002 1:17:42 PM EDT
Look at the poll above
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 1:20:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Metalica sucks bec they sued napster.  Fucking pussys as far as I'm concerned.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 1:21:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I dont give crap who they are what they do or did. The music rocks.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 1:21:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Metalica sucks bec they sued napster.  Fucking pussys as far as I'm concerned.
View Quote

Napster stole there music. So did Kid Rock
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 1:23:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I dont give crap who they are what they do or did. The music rocks.
View Quote

Yeha!
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 1:26:08 PM EDT
[#5]
You should add another selection to the poll:

*They used to rock, then they sold out and became money grubbing butt-wipes.  Now they can kiss my hairy a$$.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 1:29:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I won't say they are not a good band. They appear to be quite successful. I will say that I do not like their music or heavy metal in general. At least that one dude that got burned is a hunter.

They're. As in: they are.
There. As in: there you go.
Apologies to Garandman or whomever is the spelling Nazi this week. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 1:33:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

*They used to rock, then they sold out and became money grubbing butt-wipes.  Now they can kiss my hairy a$$.
View Quote

Agreed.  They were good until after [i]And Justice For All...[/i]

Now they're just another panty-waste band.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 1:33:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Metallica kicked ass all they way up until the Black album.  After Justice they turned into a bunch of FUCKING WHINNING PUSSIES.  From the Black album on they have sucked more radio corporate rock DICK than any band out there.  When you start getting 12 year old girls coming to your concerts you are officially FLOWER WEARING FUCKING SISSIES.  Haven't spent one red fucking cent on any of their crap since Justice.  Justice was the last album I bought, and that album will knock your dick in the dirt, it rocks!

ROCK ON!
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 1:34:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeha Jaymes is a dedicated Hot roder and he dose alot of duck hunting.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 1:35:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 1:37:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Rokken with Dokken!

[bounce][flame][devil][flame][bounce]
[pyro][rocket]
[pyro][rocket]
[pyro][rocket]
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 1:38:39 PM EDT
[#12]

I have loved thier music since it first became popular. I know most of the lyrics to every song but I doubt I could name more than 2 of the band members cause I really could care less about any artist. Artists are usually assholes, pussies, homos or liberals and I really dont pay attention to any of them.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 1:41:36 PM EDT
[#13]
I agree...They used to rock until they fell into what I like to call the 'fat and sassy theory'.  ie Starving bands are cool until they get rich.  After that they tend to put the music second to their new found leisure lifestyles and let the office do all the writing and composing.  

Just look at Load and Reload
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 1:57:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I agree...They used to rock until they fell into what I like to call the 'fat and sassy theory'.  ie Starving bands are cool until they get rich.  After that they tend to put the music second to their new found leisure lifestyles and let the office do all the writing and composing.  

Just look at Load and Reload
View Quote

They should have called it LOAD OF CRAP and RELOAD OF CRAP!
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 2:07:56 PM EDT
[#15]
I love Metalica but I think Megadeath is beter. Mustain kicks ass. Kurt needs to quit using that wah-wah pedal so much.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 2:13:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Sorry dude but it's MEGADETH/not MEGADEATH.  -Your right MEGADETH does kick ass, but Mustaine is a goddamned crybaby too.  He's tryed to kill himself like five times already, what the hell.  Kurt is a suckass guitar player,and he took lessons from Satriani when he was younger go figure. I guess he didn't practice what Satch taught him.

ROCK ON!
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 2:14:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Mustaine is a gun-grabbing twerp who always was and always will be the guy Metallica was smart enough to kick out of the band way back when.

HE SUCKS.  And so does his crummy band.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 2:25:06 PM EDT
[#18]
He's tryed to kill himself like five times already, what the hell.
View Quote

No shit!  He can't even do that right!  He should ask someone competent for some help!
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 2:25:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/10/2002 2:31:15 PM EDT
[#20]
WHO THE HELL METIONED "DOKKEN."  THEY SUCK WORSE THAN "METALLICA." THEY FALL INTO THAT EARLY EIGHTIES HAIRBAND BUTT-ROCK CRAP CATAGORY, DUDE ASKED ABOUT "METALLICA" NOT "DOKKEN" THEY SUCK BAD!
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 2:34:24 PM EDT
[#21]
I loved Metallica when they were a t-shirt and jeans band(pre-black album).

Now that they feel the need to wear nothing but trendy black duds (and kirk wears black nail polish)I just can't relate.

The Napster thing also pissed me off.

"And Jusice for all" is still in my top ten albums list.I just don't want to hear any of their new garbage.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 2:37:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 2:43:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Metalica? I like Barry Manilow.

Just kidding. They're cool.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 2:45:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Hey George Lynch was cool.  Awwww what do I know, I still think "We're Not Gonna Take It" was a rockin' song even if Twisted Sister was a bunch of geeks.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 2:54:24 PM EDT
[#25]
I like the older albums...like Kill 'em All, and Ride the Lightning...the new songs are not bad..just like the old ones better.....

Fade to Black is like one of the best songs they do.

Do you remember that MEGADETH's front man Dave Mustaine used to be with METALLICA.  You know...back in the day before Cliff Burton was killed.

medcop
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 2:58:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Metalliwank is just one step above the solo work of Yoko Ono.

That's how bad they suck now (post-napster).
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 3:23:42 PM EDT
[#27]
[:(]
[img]http://blacklance.org/jetlag/images/burton.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 3:28:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 3:40:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Washed Up...
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 4:13:05 PM EDT
[#30]
They rocked pre-black album for sure. The only thing they've done good since then was their cover album. Man, they can do covers like no one else! Say what you want about cover bands, but some are much better than others.

God I hate Megadeth and Dave. If I have to hear him talk about how he's incorporated more jazz riffs into his next album one more time I'm going to puke. What a pretentious shit for brains.

Twisted Sister? HELL YA! Man, I still to this day think "We're not going to take it" kicks ass. And let's not forget about "I wanna rock"! I've still got that on vynil, and like to give it a spin every now and again. The wife thinks I'm a dork.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 4:13:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Just for idiots that are pissed about the napster thing read this:

[Lecture]

OK guys, read this situation:

Here YOU are a couple of million dollars later after you invented a new type of steel.  Your metal is patented, and protected (kinda like a copyright law...)  

But then some people get the idea that just because you already made a couple million, they should just be allowed to make OR even take your metal according to THEIR whims, forgetting the fact that the only reason they can take that metal (or song) is because YOU made it.  

Metallica is not in the music business for your convienence.  

Just because a cd costs 18 bucks doesn't give you the right or excuse to rip off an artists hard work. Pay for it, or if you don't pay for it don't complain when they step up and demand you stop STEALING their stuff.

... You think people who can think enough for themselves to own firearms would see the point of the napster lawsuits.  Put your thinking caps on people, I can't be here to bail you out all the time.  

[/Lecture]

Oh, and don't do drugs.

[):)]
NSF
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 4:28:19 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm an idiot?  Who's comparing a new kind of steel to a pop song?

Tell you what - I'm going to keep on trading MP3's to whoever the hell wants them and there's not a goddamn thing Metallidink, the RIAA, or you can do about it.  Soooo.....
[img]http://www.netsnapshot.com/users/1340/images/PBd1HcCoBQIAAANl2LI_1340_34.jpeg[/img]

(PS:  I'm just talking smack ya know [:o)]I hope you don't take any offense to the above post, since you are one of the most respected member's of AR15.COM and I'm really just a frustrated, zit faced 15 year old.)
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 4:33:41 PM EDT
[#33]
napster was a free ride, i knew it would end, and wasnt upset when it did. it was just on to bigger better multimedia direct P2P sharing devices. napster is gone, and many better programs have filled the vacume.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 4:39:31 PM EDT
[#34]
LMAO!!  I love that picture!!!!  

If this gets moderated, it was a picture of a old World War poster with a GI holding up a mug with the caption:  "How about a nice cup of shut the fuck up"

That was a great slam!  Anyway, might I suggest remembering I was trying to draw parallels in a hypothetical situation?  Steel was the only thing that came to mind not pertaining to recent events.

NSF

Link Posted: 1/10/2002 4:46:36 PM EDT
[#35]
You do have a good point dude, and I'm glad you like the picture.  

My feeling is that recording artists need to realize that MP3's are here to stay (as are the superior media formats 'round the corner that will eventually replace it).  The RIAA's way of dealing with it - threatening fans w/ a lawsuit - is both pathetic and self-destrutive.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 4:53:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Don't get all cordial Dolomite.  You just pulled off the best flame I've seen since the "McUzi to Garandman".  I suggest taking the rest of the night off to bask in your glory.

NSF
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 4:55:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Why does a tape cost $10 and the same album on CD cost $15, when it is cheaper to make a CD?

The answer is, "because recording companies are greedy sucks that will gouge the public for as much as they can."  I have no sympathy for Metallidud and their criminal ilk.  It is their music and they have a right to charge as much as they want, but if you treat people like dirt you get things like NAPSTER.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 5:00:40 PM EDT
[#38]
[b]D[/b][:O][b]H[red]![/red][/b]
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 5:16:37 PM EDT
[#39]
I must agree with jojo. They pretty much went downhill after "Justice", but here's the point- a commercially released audio recording is, most often, PROTECTED UNDER UNITED STATES COPYRIGHT LAW. read the constitution, this was one of the FIRST things specifically mentioned by the drafters. These recordings are Property, and even when you purchase a CD, the material thereon in not yours do do with what you will. The purchase is essentially a mechanical liscense for you to use the recording, within certain parameters. Unauthorized distribution is SPECIFICALLY prohibited in most instances(i.e., without express written consent of the copyright holder). These are Rights we are talking about here, and I see people screaming about rights on this board constantly. People (yes, even Metallica,) spend many american dollars to record, mix, master, mass-produce,distribute and market these products, sometimes several million dollars or more. Do you work for free? On payday, does your boss tell you to go piss up a rope when you come for your check? Didn't think so. You can probably tell where I'm going with this. Napster was nothing more than a global bootleg operation, & the fact it took as long as it did to shut those pirates down speaks volumes about our justice system.

If you dig the jams, buy it, don't steal it.
my.02.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 5:19:04 PM EDT
[#40]
O.K. HappyBlaster...
[img]http://www.netsnapshot.com/users/1340/images/PBd1HcCoBQIAAANl2LI_1340_34.jpeg[/img]
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 5:20:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Sorry NSFJojo- your analogy sucked. If I pay for a product, it's MINE. To do with as I please. Sell it, give it away, whatever. Metallica used to set aside a special section at their concerts for people who wanted to record! Now we can't share the tapes the band let us make?
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 5:23:37 PM EDT
[#42]
I'll take mine black, no sugar.

P.S.- that pic is priceless
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 5:28:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Sorry NSFJojo- your analogy sucked. If I pay for a product, it's MINE. To do with as I please. Sell it, give it away, whatever. Metallica used to set aside a special section at their concerts for people who wanted to record! Now we can't share the tapes the band let us make?[/quote

Read the fine print, dude.
"No unauthorized reproduction distribution, blah blah etc. etc......"
Sure we've all done it, but in fact it's a federal crime. Get your facts straight.

Also, regarding the Bootleg Concert section seating, these recordings are not copyrighted, so this does not apply in that case.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 5:42:55 PM EDT
[#44]
To the guy who said Dokken sucks, I fart in your general direction. Listen to Mr. Scary sometime. It still kicks major tail.

And to the guy who tried to compare steel to copies of MP3s, your whole concept of "property" is messed up. "Property" is something that only one of us can have at one time, and in exchange for which I should compensate you. Metallica and these dingleberries at the RIAA want to redefine "property" so that it includes things which you shouldn't have UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES until they get paid, even if it cost them nothing for you to get it. I agree that *the artists should get paid* but Metallica are just a bunch of old rockers in the twilight of their career with half a clue about how revolutionary the computer/internet could be. They're worried about being 50 and having their monthly royalty checks reduced even though they're just sitting on their asses not writing or touring anymore. The way it ought to be is that music is unrestricted, artists get a small amount of their income from record sales (and the record companies get WAY less), and the artists get most of their income from actually going out and WORKING (ie, touring) like the fans they claim to love. If, heaven forbid, they earn less than they used to, maybe they'll have less of a tendancy to stick zillions of dollars up their noses. This crackdown on "unauthorized" copies of digital music will just lead to a cesspool of government bureaucracy for implementing a WAR ON COPYING.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 5:45:30 PM EDT
[#45]
(I hope that wasn't [I]too[/I] over the line[+]:D] )

Happy, NSF:  Call it thievery, call it stealing, call it shenanigans, call it Suzy - it ain't gonna stop.  Not me, not anyone else, maybe it won't even stop you! (?)

Plus, who cares?? If somehow through my actions the illegitimate grandson of Lars Ulrich can only afford to buy a [I]used[/I] BMW for his girlfriend it’s no skin off my ass.  Show me proof of actual fiscal damage suffered by these douche-bag Metalliwusses.

And how many times do I have to pay for a song?  90% of the 2000 songs in my collection are from tapes/albums/CDs I’ve purchased in the past - not to mention all the concerts or T-shirts (free advertising) that have paid for unknown amounts of coke and lawyers – it’s all due to me and fans like me.

Think that’s a pretty self-centered attitude?  Well it doesn’t matter.  Metalllica are on their way to has-been-ville, and it’s not going to be due to poor album sales.  It’s because they’re dicks.  To paraphrase Miyamoto Musashi:  The smart artists out there must meditate on this point constantly.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 5:50:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 6:44:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 6:56:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Yes my Brother!
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 7:16:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Guess I ought to be shot.....but I actually liked S&M. Though my fave is Master of Puppets, followed by Kill 'Em All. I don't consider them as 'sold out', more of just they've lost the touch. You can't really call yourselves 'Metallica' when you go for blues/folk and covers. Hell, they had a damn good run of it, though.

And with the whole Napster thing.....don't bitch to us about it. If you're so interested in the welfare of the artists, talk to the damn RIAA and the record labels. They're the rapery artists.

Let me ask a question here....not to steer off topic....but what do you actually buy when you buy a CD?
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 7:34:50 PM EDT
[#50]
I think metallica is a damn good band.

If you had a damn good job, and got tons of money and bought the best firearms, should people think differently of you just becasue youre damn good at what you do?

I think they rock.  They are very good at what they do, they are good businessmen, some of their politics do suck *lars is too damn liberal...* but other than lars, the band is good, and I like everyone.  But Lars is still a good drummer, cant deny that.

I love their music, even when it got softer.  Can't keep doing the same thing forever, it gets boring, even if you do like it.  Nothing wrong with trying something new.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top