Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 11/1/2009 3:27:03 PM EDT
So I met this girl while playing softball for a co-ed team through my work. (No shes not a dyke). We hit it off and got along pretty well. The softball season ended but we saw each other again at a Halloween party for some mutual friends. We decided the party was lame, so we snuck off and grabbed a few drinks and went to see Zombieland instead. We talked for a while afterward, really good chemistry and all.

The next night was another Halloween party. We stuck around for a little while, then went to a bar and got some more drinks. We got to talking, and I found out something that really surprised me…….she is almost ten years older than I am. She is 33, I’m 24. We both thought we were closer in age than we actually are. I figured she was in her late 20’s, maybe 28 at the oldest. She thought I was about 25 or 26. It was kind of awkward for a second, but we realized we were having fun and it wasn’t that weird. Night ended with a good makeout session, nothing more.

Here is the catch. I found out also that she had been married to a guy that turned out to be a cheater, and she left him. This was about five years ago. She is a pretty successful career woman, doesn’t seem to have too much baggage from the whole ordeal, but I gotta say I’ve never dated someone who has been married before. A couple of my friends told me to GTFO because she probably has all kinds of issues, but so far she seems normal enough. Pretty too.

Soooooo….. Potential for trouble/eject? Stick with it for now? I know you guys aren’t exactly relationship and social wizards but what do you think?

ETA ok Im out the door to go get dinner and see Law Abiding Citizen with her, will update

UPDATED Saw her for the first time tonight in something other than a softball uniform or halloween costume. WOW is she hot. This coming weekend is gonna be fun, thats all I know
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:28:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Hit alt-f4 and don't look back.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:29:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Stay with it, if you like each other than the 10 year age difference shouldn't realy matter.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:29:23 PM EDT
[#3]
When my wife and I married she had been married before and I hadn't. Non issue.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:29:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice.  Got you a money-honey.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:30:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:30:04 PM EDT
[#6]
We need pics!
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:30:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't see the problem?

Age is but a number.  Maturity matters.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:30:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

So I met this girl while playing softball for a co-ed team through my work. (No shes not a dyke). We hit it off and got along pretty well. The softball season ended but we saw each other again at a Halloween party for some mutual friends. We decided the party was lame, so we snuck off and grabbed a few drinks and went to see Zombieland instead. We talked for a while afterward, really good chemistry and all.

The next night was another Halloween party. We stuck around for a little while, then went to a bar and got some more drinks. We got to talking, and I found out something that really surprised me…….she is almost ten years older than I am. She is 33, I’m 24. We both thought we were closer in age than we actually are. I figured she was in her late 20’s, maybe 28 at the oldest. She thought I was about 25 or 26. It was kind of awkward for a second, but we realized we were having fun and it wasn’t that weird. Night ended with a good makeout session, nothing more.

Here is the catch. I found out also that she had been married to a guy that turned out to be a cheater, and she left him. This was about five years ago. She is a pretty successful career woman, doesn’t seem to have too much baggage from the whole ordeal, but I gotta say I’ve never dated someone who has been married before. A couple of my friends told me to GTFO because she probably has all kinds of issues, but so far she seems normal enough. Pretty too.

Soooooo….. Potential for trouble/eject? Stick with it for now? I know you guys aren’t exactly relationship and social wizards but what do you think?

Make up your own mind.

She sounds nice and you two seem to hit it off. See where it goes.

Your not dating your friends.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:30:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

lol wut?
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:30:32 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't think it's an issue.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:31:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Stick with it. She'll be the best girlfriend you'll ever have. I've only seriously dated women at least five years older than me. I'm 21  now and my gf is 27. They know what they want, already have most shit figured out, and at her age will screw your brains out. You are at your sexual peak and she is at hers. I honestly don't see why more young guys don't go for the middle aged women. They will do alot for you, and will probably be less to deal with than a younger equivelant. Only do it if you're willing to have a wonderful experience with the opposite sex.

Daniel
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:32:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol wut?

You better call somebody!

ARFCOM rules state clearly: pics or BS.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:32:48 PM EDT
[#13]
be careful, there are always ALWAYS two sides to every story.  What she may have told you could be right, but there is always her side, his side, and the truth.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:33:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Sounds like she ejected for a good reason. If things are going well, why fuck it up prematurely?
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:34:05 PM EDT
[#15]
My parents are 12 years apart, so hit it.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:34:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I don't see the problem?

Like GD is the place to learn about that.......

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:34:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Put your hand down your pants.

Feel those two round things in a sack?

Those are called balls.

Any man with a set of balls won't be put off by a 10 year age difference.

Now quit posting and hit it.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:34:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Does she have herpes or something? Do you have to put down a deposit to get in the bizness? Enjoy the sex and if it works out, great.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:35:16 PM EDT
[#19]
The age difference doesn't matter. If she was smart enough and had enough self respect to dump her cheating husband, shouldn't that count as a positive?

Go for it dude. Women your age are all fucking nuts anyway. This one sounds like she has her shit sorted out.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:36:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I don't see the problem?

Spoken like true cougar bait..
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:36:23 PM EDT
[#21]
my parents are 10 years age difference they will be celebrating there 60th anniversary this spring seemed to work out for them....could work for you two also never know till you try
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:36:24 PM EDT
[#22]
She will be a wildcat in bed. Enjoy and see what happens. If she is hot and cool, dont worry about it.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:36:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Who cares, if you two like each other stick with it and see where it takes ya.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:36:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Eject?  Hell no!  My two favorite girlfriends were older, one by 5 years and one by 10 years.  Enjoy the ride (so to speak).

ETA:  Oh, and both were divorced.  Didn't matter a bit.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:37:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
My parents are 12 years apart, so hit it.

Think they would be into it?  
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:37:22 PM EDT
[#26]
No real problem with the age difference. So what if she has been married before, she was cheated on and is less likely to do that to you.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:37:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Scanned post.

No pics.

Disappointed.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:37:40 PM EDT
[#28]
when i was 23, i was dating a 40-year-old.

the nice thing about 30+ women is that they usually have their head on straight and have worked through the metric shitton of melodrama that women tend to go through in their mid-20s.

fewer neuroses.

more and better sex.

what's not to love?
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:37:58 PM EDT
[#29]
When you are 51 she will be 60.  

Worth thinking about.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:38:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I know you guys aren’t exactly relationship and social wizards but what do you think?

This made me think of when Obi-Wan Kenobi said "Who's the bigger fool, the fool or the fool who follows him?" And then I thought, dude, you're taking advice from nerds!
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:38:51 PM EDT
[#31]
SIIHPAPP
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:39:11 PM EDT
[#32]
I do not see the problem.  ((shrugs))

If you match, you match.  See where it goes.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:39:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Hit it until you get tired of it and then quit it.

BTW, she told you the guy was a cheater and that's why she left.  It wouldn't suprise me if she is lying her ass off about that.  Don't just believe every word she says, verify it.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:41:39 PM EDT
[#34]
not a big deal you are not getting married next week. just take your time and see how it goes . Older is usually better
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:41:40 PM EDT
[#35]
If you go by the age/2 + 7 rule then you are a little older than the youngest she can date. So you should be GTG.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:42:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Forget the age difference. Women live longer than men, anyway. My wife is 5 years older, and it has never been an issue. Just-go-with-the-flow and see what happens.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:42:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Hunting Lic. + Cougar tag

Only one question? You going to fill the tag or not?
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:43:12 PM EDT
[#38]
My wife is seven years younger than me and she was married before we got hitched.....not an issue for either one of us ever......
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:45:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Age stops mattering at 18, if you're into each other and compliment each other.

If you like her, keep her!  And most importantly, let her keep you!
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:46:13 PM EDT
[#40]
My wife is 11 years older than me........she snaaged me when I was in my mid 20's and turned me every which way but loose
We've been married twenty years last month..and our relationship just keeps getting better as it matures.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:47:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Divorsed cougar. hit in then eject.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:47:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Hit it.

But release after a while. You DO NOT want to marry older then you.

I'm 11 years older then the wifey...perfect. If she were +11 on me, that wouldn't work at some point...

Not fair but true.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:48:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Most girls that age will have some issues from a man dicking them over in their past.  Some girls get it from their dads/father figures while growing up.  The rest get it in their teens/early 20's while in the early stages of dating.  Finding a single 25+ old person without a hang up is pretty hard to do.

That being said, I'd go for it.  You have common interests and friends, she was cool enough to dip out of a party with you for a zombie movie and shes a successful career woman.  Why let a shred of negativity outweigh so many positive things about her.  Shit dude, she just got cheated on and was divorced, its not like she has herpes...
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:49:08 PM EDT
[#44]
good to go, if your emotional ages match, you are in good shape.

and,  statistically, you are lots less likely to leave her a widow that's going to be boning some dude for two decades while you're dead.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:49:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Any man with a set of balls won't be put off by a 10 year age difference.

When I'm 50 i would rather be dating 25 year olds than 60 year olds. But if the grannies are your thing you can have them.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:49:36 PM EDT
[#46]
they say 4 years YOUNGER makes the best relationship pattern. Think what shell look like when you're 70...
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:49:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Cougar!

Hit it like a screen door in a hurricane, then hit it some more!
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:50:51 PM EDT
[#48]
If you like it, who cares!
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:50:59 PM EDT
[#49]
That's nothing!

When I was 26 I dated a lady who was 42.  It was awesome, while it lasted.

To answer the obvious questions:  no, no, and hell yes.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:51:49 PM EDT
[#50]
As long as she's not 10yr younger and she can handle your maturity level, no problem....

I made the mistake of dating a 22yo at 28/29... Did not work, she was NOT mature enough....
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top