Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/24/2002 2:36:31 PM EDT
I was in the woods doing a timber cruise when I met the adjoining landowner doing some fence work.  He just HAD to show me a picture of his deer that he shot.  Well he goes on and on about how if you want to kill a deer that you have to hit it in the neck (I am 26 but he acted like I was 10) then he goes on and says that a .223 is the perfect deer round and body shots to the hear/lung shoulder area only cause wounds.  I asked him what type of load he was using and he says "It is a sniper round from WWII".  Hmmmmmm lets see the .223 wasn't around in WWII and military snipers don't usually use .223 anyway.  My co-worker joins us and says "yeah ole Nate here wants another .223 in an AR15."  THis guys face gets real serious and says "Boys let me tell you something...y'all have no business having one of those god awfull things."

Geezzz I really hate know-it-alls that know abosolutely nothing and think that you are totaly ignorant on hunting and guns.

Anyway we had to get back to work so I wasn't able to tell him what a bull shitter he was.
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 2:57:12 PM EDT
[#1]
What part of VA are you in? Sounds like some of the inbreds out where my mom is.

EDIT: Y'all boys have no business with AR15's, but it's okay for him to shoot deer in the neck with WWII .223 "sniper" rounds. Riiiiiiiight!

PONY_DRIVER
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 3:01:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmmm,

That was painful to listen to, even in second person.
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 3:04:25 PM EDT
[#3]
And he [b]DID[/b] know he was breaking the law using a .22 caliber firearm to hunt big game in Virginia?

Scott

P.S. My first thought on seeing the title: "Which gun-store commando now?"

Link Posted: 11/24/2002 3:06:44 PM EDT
[#4]
"Gunstore Ninjas" "Knowledge Ninjas" or the very contrite: "Dumbass", all will do.
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 3:06:45 PM EDT
[#5]
The know-it-all who doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about is pretty intolerable.  I remember one telling me the CIA's ammo used C-4 as a propellant, so their bullets had velocities that exceeded the speed of sound [rolleyes]

That's just a sample of his knowledge.  His brother was almost as bad.
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 3:07:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
And he [b]DID[/b] know he was breaking the law using a .22 caliber firearm to hunt big game in Virginia?

View Quote

Oh you reminded me that I brought that up....he goes and says that .223 is bigger than .22 cal because it is .223 cal....arrrrrrrrrrrr

I tried telling him that .22 cal= .224 diameter but oh well.....for persons interested it was in Lee co. VA
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 3:12:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh you reminded me that I brought that up....he goes and says that .223 is bigger than .22 cal because it is .223 cal....arrrrrrrrrrrr

I tried telling him that .22 cal= .224 diameter but oh well.....for persons interested it was in Lee co. VA
View Quote

From "Hunting & Trapping in Virginia, July2002-June2003 Regulations" as printed by the Department of Game and Inland Fisheries:

"Rifles used for deer or Bear must be [b].23[/b] caliber or larger."

Scott

Link Posted: 11/24/2002 3:13:09 PM EDT
[#8]
And I know this won't be a popular thing, but:

If he is bragging about breaking State laws to hunt, he is making us all look bad. He should be reported to your regional office.....

Scott

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top