Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/19/2003 6:39:33 PM EDT
I had a patient come in her 70s. She has to be one of the most interesting and impressive old ladies that I have met in a long time. One of the original Rosie the riveter. I asked her what she did for work and she said in the 40's she built Merlin engines for the P51 mustangs. She told some cool stories about the airplanes and how they worked. How they took special pride in their craftmanship because American boys' lives were going to be dependent on them. Then she said the war ended and her husband wouldnt let her work anymore.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 6:43:21 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ARDOC: Then she said the war ended and her husband wouldnt let her work anymore.
View Quote
Therein lies her only character flaw. Wonderful woman nonetheless!
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 7:00:45 PM EDT
In those days, it wasn't a character flaw to obey your husband.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 7:02:12 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ARDOC: I had a patient come in her 70s. She has to be one of the most interesting and impressive old ladies that I have met in a long time. One of the original Rosie the riveter. I asked her what she did for work and she said in the 40's she built Merlin engines for the P51 mustangs. She told some cool stories about the airplanes and how they worked. How they took special pride in their craftmanship because American boys' lives were going to be dependent on them. Then she said the war ended and her husband wouldnt let her work anymore.
View Quote
A true patriot in every sense of the word. We would not have won the war if not for the sacrifices of women like her. People like her are true heroes, and should be held in high regard. Learn from them now for they will not be with us for much longer. I thank her for her service to her country. GOD bless her.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 7:31:45 PM EDT
I agree absolutely. She was a pleasure to talk to. She was also of Polish decent and a lot of her relatives didnt make it through the war. She was grateful she was here safe. But she worked her ass off to help in the war effort.
Top Top