Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/1/2006 5:14:42 PM EDT
I've been observing the general discussion section for some time now. I see that there is a huge panic over the immigration reforms proposed by [insert name or entity here], as well as US flags being pulled down, Congressional representatives getting away with a felony, etc.

I'm calling for many of us to turn the computer off for a night and relax. Go drink a glass of fine wine, or dine like a king. Hug your kids and tell them you love them, then spank them for writing on the walls. watch some TV, kiss your wife or g/f. Maybe just go outside in a hammock and watch the stars. Mount an American flag in your yard. These are the things that will make a difference.

When we act emotionally, we do not act rationally. Let's relax, fall back, regroup and put our minds to our work. We work better when relaxed in most cases.

Rest in the evening. Fight fresh in the morning. Tomorrow we can write and call our representatives, we can fly Ol' Glory high, we can clean our rifles and sort our ammunition as a last resort. Tonight we prepare.

More Chi, Semper Fi, and God Bless America.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:16:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Can I come over to your house for dinner? And use your hammock?
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:16:17 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I've been observing the general discussion section for some time now. I see that there is a huge panic over the immigration reforms proposed by [insert name or entity here], as well as US flags being pulled down, Congressional representatives getting away with a felony, etc.

I'm calling for many of us to turn the computer off for a night and relax. Go drink a glass of fine wine, or dine like a king. Hug your kids and tell them you love them, then spank them for writing on the walls. watch some TV, kiss your wife or g/f. Maybe just go outside in a hammock and watch the stars. Mount an American flag in your yard. These are the things that will make a difference.

When we act emotionally, we do not act rationally. Let's relax, fall back, regroup and put our minds to our work. We work better when relaxed in most cases.

Rest in the evening. Fight fresh in the morning. Tomorrow we can write and call our representatives, we can fly Ol' Glory high, we can clean our rifles and sort our ammunition as a last resort. Tonight we prepare.

Damn fine post.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:16:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Agreed-Always engage brain before acting. Time to get a home brew and forget about it all.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:17:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Smart man, that Blackjack272.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:17:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't listen to him.  Thats just what they want you to do.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:17:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Good post.

I'm doing just that for the next few hours...Shiraz, and Walks the Line await.

HH
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:18:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

what capnrob97 said, too.

--VT
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:20:48 PM EDT
[#8]
My tin-foil is staying on.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:22:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Many have suffered from a solemn war long enough to know that open warfare is inevitable, trying to get people to go back to sleep and apathy is an odd strategy if change for the better is desired.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:26:06 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Many have suffered from a solemn war long enough to know that open warfare is inevitable, trying to get people to go back to sleep and apathy is an odd strategy if change for the better is desired.

+1

I don't need to relax, rethink my opinions or options.

My wife made me a great meal tonight, I had a couple of beers and I feel just fine.

On top of that, my intellect ALWAYS overrules my emotions. Well almost always.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:29:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Excellent post!
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:29:56 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

All true, but I normally only take this approach after a beer and a couple of tylox................All kidding aside, your advice is well taken.....
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:30:09 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

What?
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:33:25 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What?

I have no idea.  That's just the way he talks.

As for the original poster, good thought, but this board lives for the melodrama. If it's not illegals it the bird flu or giant meteor impacts wiping out the planet.  Just play along and hope that they can wean themselves away from the computer one day.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:35:34 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What?

He means it is going to go down, the question is when.

"The alligator flys at midnight."

BTT, and thanks.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:36:15 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What?

As for the original poster, good thought, but this board lives for the melodrama. If it's not illegals it the bird flu or giant meteor impacts wiping out the planet.  Just play along and hope that they can wean themselves away from the computer one day.

Johninaustin
Post Number :: 5573

TX, USA

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:37:43 PM EDT
[#17]
I took the time to calmly and rationally think the situation through and now I'm really pissed.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:41:49 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What?

Johninaustin
Post Number :: 5573

TX, USA

Yep, and 90% of them in tinfoil/bashing posts.  I look at this place a lot like people view  a carnival freak show.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:43:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Anger is normal. Control of that anger is what makes us conservative.

The bullets may well fly one day. Until then, enjoy everything you have, and never take it for granted.

This nation will live on. People learn that dependence leads to suffering. Suffering leads to revolt. Revolt will make them realize who was right oh-so long ago.

Until then, enjoy life. You are living on borrowed time. Return it in good condition.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:45:09 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I took the time to calmly and rationally think the situation through and now I'm really pissed.

Yep, Im relaxing by going to the range tommorrow and keeping my skills sharp.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:45:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Vagina does a body good.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:50:27 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Meditation. More Chi.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:58:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Fucking'aye!!!

I'm gonna unwind by tipping back a 5th of Old Bushmills then unload a 30 round mag of tracers from my AK into the night sky... after which I'll jack-hammer my GFs ringmeat while I have her lashed down to the La-Z- Boy then stagger over pass out on my neighbors front lawn!!!

Whoo-Hooo!!!!!! ....
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:12:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Shameless BTT.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:33:57 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Shameless .

In all life one should comfort the afflicted, but verily, also, one should afflict the comfortable, and especially when they are comfortably, contentedly, even happily wrong.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:38:04 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Shameless .

In all life one should comfort the afflicted, but verily, also, one should afflict the comfortable, and especially when they are comfortably, contentedly, even happily wrong.

Okay, Buddha.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:38:15 PM EDT
[#27]
There's a cool movie on the Sci-Fi channel right now.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:22:56 PM EDT
[#28]
I can't contradict the wisdom of preparing for the continuing struggle with some well deserved rest and time with the family; both allow one to reflect on the reasons we have a duty to risk our safety, i.e. to preserve liberty for our kids and grandkids.

Just don't allow yourself to get too deep into what placated the Roman's, i.e. bread and circus.

On Friday 3/31 I stopped three teenage kids from hoisting a Mexican flag in out in front of the public Middle School that I work at here in TX.

read on only if you have too much free time and want to hear me sophomorically describe an analogous situation relating ancient Rome to our situation.

Rome didn't fall in a short period of time, rather it faded out over a long time as the culture changed. The citizens of Rome became fat, lazy, and increasingly dependant on slavery and imported soldiers. This allowed the outsiders, i.e. barbarians, to flood in, and eventually wave after wave of barbarians destroyed the infrastructure and destabilized the social structure enough to allow the "dark ages to begin".

We float our economy on the backs of 10-12 million illegal laborers (like the parents of my afore mentioned students). Our consumer culture desires the labor and servces that they provide, and because of our relatively high wages, free education for their kids, and social safety net, we give them many incentives to come here; hell if I lived in Juarez or Nuevo Laredo, I'd illegally cross the siz inch deep Rio Grand.

We are a conflicted society, we simultaneously give many incentives for people to illegally immigrate, but we provide the best of them with no means of becoming legal citizens. This prevents them from having the incentive to assimilate into mainstream American society, thus they form cultural and social ghettos where the adults and children have no allegiance to our flag, rather they seek to annex Texas and the south west for "la raza" or whatever.

-Semper Fi
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:32:32 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:33:54 PM EDT
[#30]
going shooting tomorrow and having sex with the wife on an often basis.  life is still good
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:35:37 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
going shooting tomorrow and having sex with the wife on an often basis.  life is still good

Wait until you have your 1st kid, than the sex thing is over.......Until she wants another kid.
Until then, party on bro
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:58:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Until a wall the likes of that described in HR 4437 is built, and the Rule of Law is restored to immigration, I will not vote for another Republican.

I have found that since I made that decision I am less stressed. I have done what I can to inform Congress, and my (R) representative (who has been targeted as vulnerable) that he will, at the least, lose my vote in November if amnesty passes and no wall is built.

If the Republicans go down it will be their own fault. I have given a lot of cash to them through the NRA and if they do this they will have negated the value of those contributions in one fell swoop.

If amnesty passes it means two very terrible things: (1) the Republican party hears and serves the interests of the amoral rich alone and (2)  Americans are so apathetic that this Nation's days are numbered.

Norman Rockwell fantasies are dangerous in this time.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:47:39 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Until a wall the likes of that described in HR 4437 is built, and the Rule of Law is restored to immigration, I will not vote for another Republican.

I have found that since I made that decision I am less stressed. I have done what I can to inform Congress, and my (R) representative (who has been targeted as vulnerable) that he will, at the least, lose my vote in November if amnesty passes and no wall is built.

If the Republicans go down it will be their own fault. I have given a lot of cash to them through the NRA and if they do this they will have negated the value of those contributions in one fell swoop.

If amnesty passes it means two very terrible things: (1) the Republican party hears and serves the interests of the amoral rich alone and (2)  Americans are so apathetic that this Nation's days are numbered.

Norman Rockwell fantasies are dangerous in this time.

So what are you going to do...vote for Hillary? That sounds like a great fucken idea
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:51:36 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I caught an Illegal eating our food and stealing clothes and taking a nap in our hammock about 6 mos ago.  
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:57:00 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Fucking'aye!!!

I'm gonna unwind by tipping back a 5th of Old Bushmills then unload a 30 round mag of tracers from my AK into the night sky... after which I'll jack-hammer my GFs ringmeat while I have her lashed down to the La-Z- Boy then stagger over pass out on my neighbors front lawn!!!

Whoo-Hooo!!!!!! ....

+1
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:09:36 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I can't contradict the wisdom of preparing for the continuing struggle with some well deserved rest and time with the family; both allow one to reflect on the reasons we have a duty to risk our safety, i.e. to preserve liberty for our kids and grandkids.

Just don't allow yourself to get too deep into what placated the Roman's, i.e. bread and circus.

On Friday 3/31 I stopped three teenage kids from hoisting a Mexican flag in out in front of the public Middle School that I work at here in TX.

read on only if you have too much free time and want to hear me sophomorically describe an analogous situation relating ancient Rome to our situation.

Rome didn't fall in a short period of time, rather it faded out over a long time as the culture changed. The citizens of Rome became fat, lazy, and increasingly dependant on slavery and imported soldiers. This allowed the outsiders, i.e. barbarians, to flood in, and eventually wave after wave of barbarians destroyed the infrastructure and destabilized the social structure enough to allow the "dark ages to begin".

We float our economy on the backs of 10-12 million illegal laborers (like the parents of my afore mentioned students). Our consumer culture desires the labor and servces that they provide, and because of our relatively high wages, free education for their kids, and social safety net, we give them many incentives to come here; hell if I lived in Juarez or Nuevo Laredo, I'd illegally cross the siz inch deep Rio Grand.

We are a conflicted society, we simultaneously give many incentives for people to illegally immigrate, but we provide the best of them with no means of becoming legal citizens. This prevents them from having the incentive to assimilate into mainstream American society, thus they form cultural and social ghettos where the adults and children have no allegiance to our flag, rather they seek to annex Texas and the south west for "la raza" or whatever.

-Semper Fi

What he said.  Your post was like a blast of fresh country air on my brain.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:12:10 PM EDT
[#37]
IF, they don't build a wall as envisioned in 4437 and return the Rule of Law to Immigration I WILL vote for another party. If Republicans tell their base to fuck off I don't have a problem saying it right back.

Waiting for the Republicans to serve those who elected them is only delaying the fight until we are weaker. Californian's tried Proposition 187 but they did it too late.

This is the last stop before the Kommiefornication of this Nation. My vote hasn't yet been diluted by 12 to 40 MILLION Mexican flag-waving La Razans. I will do something NOW.

Calling Republicans before the vote and warning them of the magnitude of harm they'll do their party (and gun rights) is my duty. If they betray their base then my duty will then be equally clear.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:13:33 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I caught an Illegal eating our food and stealing clothes and taking a nap in our hammock about 6 mos ago.  

So where's the body?
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:19:05 PM EDT
[#39]
So Mexico has LOTS of oil, don't they?    
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top