Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2015 12:48:03 AM EDT
For those of you that have a Mercedes C300, can you please check to see if on your passenger side front window you have someone's signature on the glass.  Is this normal?  WTF is that...
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:50:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Should be G. Daimler's signature.  It's on every factory MB windshield I've seen.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:53:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Like Tom Bodett with Motel 6...  I have it on good authority that he actually personally does leave the light on for you.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:53:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I think mine says Benz at the end...I cannot seem to find any info on it or pictures regarding this.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:55:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Should be G. Daimler's signature.  It's on every factory MB windshield I've seen.
View Quote

This.  I'm driving my third, about to order my fourth.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:04:05 AM EDT
[#5]
It could say Daimler or Mercedes. All 4 door glass should have the same markings. If it's different, it has aftermarket replacement glass. I'm a Benz tech, checking for factory glass is part of our used car inspection.

EDIT, I thought you were talking about door glass. All MB factory windshields have a G Daimler signature.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:10:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Yep, it's there.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:19:42 AM EDT
[#7]
OT but,

In LA we rented an Aston Martin DB8 convertible.   It was a huge piece of shit, dash would go dead, lights would go dead and the transmission shifted like an oar in a barrel full of glass bottles

The intake had a plate on it with the builder's name. I wanted to call Percy What's his face personally and tell him to get a new job
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:22:48 AM EDT
[#8]
I believe this is what OP is talking about

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:35:19 AM EDT
[#9]
NOPE, mine says something like Carl Benz on it.  2015 C300 brand new
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:37:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Should be "Karl Benz."

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:37:16 AM EDT
[#11]
You bought a fake Benz homie, you got scammed.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:41:31 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Should be "Karl Benz."

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Should be "Karl Benz."

Yep you are right, it does look like a K verse a C.  Is this normal?  I know it may sound like a weird question but I have always had AUDI's and just noticed the signature.  I found it very strange that a signature would be on the glass.  Definably not G. Daimler's.  So it the Karl Benz normal for a 2015 C300?

Thanks

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:43:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yep you are right, it does look like a K verse a C.  Is this normal?  I know it may sound like a weird question but I have always had AUDI's and just noticed the signature.  I found it very strange that a signature would be on the glass.  Definably not G. Daimler's.  So it the Karl Benz normal for a 2015 C300?

Thanks

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Should be "Karl Benz."

Thanks

Normal to have a signature on the glass, yes.  I haven't bought a new MB since 2010, and mine have always had the Daimler signature.  Does the windshield also have Karl Benz or does it have Daimler?
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:44:13 AM EDT
[#14]
E>C
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:44:52 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Normal to have a signature on the glass, yes.  I haven't bought a new MB since 2010, and mine have always had the Daimler signature.  Does the windshield also have Karl Benz or does it have Daimler?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Should be "Karl Benz."

Thanks

Mine says Karl Benz close to the bottom passenger side of the front window.  I do not have a Daimler signature.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:47:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Mine says Karl Benz close to the bottom passenger side of the front window.  I do not have a Daimler signature.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Should be "Karl Benz."

Thanks

Cool, they must have changed it.  It's just a way to know that it's factory glass.  You can peel it off if you don't like it, but I wouldn't.  (Assuming it's still just a clear decal and not etched in some way.)
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 3:12:39 AM EDT
[#17]

Cool, they must have changed it.  It's just a way to know that it's factory glass.  You can peel it off if you don't like it, but I wouldn't.  (Assuming it's still just a clear decal and not etched in some way.)

View Quote

Yep, it is etched

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:51:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
It could say Daimler or Mercedes. All 4 door glass should have the same markings. If it's different, it has aftermarket replacement glass. I'm a Benz tech, checking for factory glass is part of our used car inspection.

EDIT, I thought you were talking about door glass. All MB factory windshields have a G Daimler signature.
View Quote

Which dealer do you work at?
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 5:26:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Called my dealer and looks like indeed the new MB's are coming with (a least my C300) the name Karl or Carl.

Looks like someone sharpie my window glass with their sig...

Other than that, the C300 makes me wet...
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 5:29:21 PM EDT
[#20]
used to be like this a few years back:

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 5:38:14 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Aside from the C63, I would go with this.....

After last month's announcement, Mercedes-Benz has introduced the C450 AMG Sport in Detroit at 2015 NAIAS.
This new version is positioned right below the fully-fledged C63 AMG and
makes use of a twin-turbo V6 3.0-liter engine which has received a
series of upgrades, including an increase in turbo pressure. Output
stands at 362 bhp (270 kW) at 5,500 rpm and 382 lb-ft (517 Nm) of torque
available between 2,000 rpm and 4,200 rpm.
Output is channeled to a 4MATIC all-wheel drive system through a revised
7G-TRONIC seven-speed automatic gearbox which enables the sedan to hit
62 mph (100 km/h) in 4.9 seconds whereas the wagon is 0.1s slower. Both
body styles have an electronically-limited top speed of 155 mph (250
km/h).
Aside from the extra oomph, the C450 models also inherit some of the
goodies from the range-topping C63, such as the updated front pull rods,
adjustable dampers, tweaked front axle carrier and firmer springs. In
addition, the car also gets new load bearing joints, extra negative
camber and revised steering knuckles while the 4MATIC system has been
modified to deliver the power in a 33:67 percent ratio.
The Mercedes-Benz C450 AMG Sport rides on 18-inch alloy wheels wrapped
around in 225/45 front & 245/40 rear tires, with stopping power
coming from 360mm front & 320mm rear ventilated steel discs that
have grey calipers. Visual changes are limited to a tweaked front bumper
with bigger cooling ducts, black side mirrors, updated front grille,
darkened chrome exhaust pipes and a subtle boot lid spoiler for the
sedan whereas the wagon gets a tailgate-attached spoiler element.
Changes on the inside are minimum but we should mention the
flat-bottomed steering wheel, red seatbelts, sport seats, red stitching,
alloy pedals and other minor tweaks.
Sales of the C450 AMG Sport are programmed to kick off in the following months.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/115011287105/mercedes-benz-c450-amg-sport-goes-official-with-362-bhp

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 6:05:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Called my dealer and looks like indeed the new MB's are coming with (a least my C300) the name Karl or Carl.

View Quote

Trust me, it's Karl.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top