Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/16/2003 7:07:18 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 7:18:56 PM EDT
[#1]
My strong opposition of abortion aside, yes I think that the father should have an equeal share if it was consentual.

The father still should have been more careful with who he chose to have a child with.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 7:40:09 PM EDT
[#2]
You miss the point behind the law as it stands - not just the law on abortion, but the entire current policy of the government: men are sperm donors; the government is the provider for and teacher of the young. Whether the child is born in the first place is determined by mommy and the government, the limits of mommy's choices being ordained by the government with no lawful input or interference from anybody but the two of them. There is a finely tuned philosophy at work here.

Did you know that an unwed mother can get a court order for payment of child support even if the father has voluntarily paid the legally prescribed amount at the legally ordained intervals since the birth of the child? But of course! The money then comes from the government. The check mommy cashes is a government check.

Nobody needs a father. All you need is a mommy, a sperm cell, and a government check, and all will be well, all will be normal. The government will even teach you how and what to read! What a lucky child you are!
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 5:11:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Pretty much in the sam frame of mind as FLAL1A.
Men have been systmatically neutered, and have been judged "presumed guilty/responsible" for much of societies woes.
As for abortion, I am not rabid anti, like many here. But it is a "choice" that I could not bring myself to pick, and as a result I endd up raising my son alone for a good number of years. (It was the right choice BTW.)
Quite frankly in this country it is a choice of convenience for many, because they are too stupid, or too lazy to prevent an unwanted birth in the first place.
Sometimes it can be the right choice, and I don't get to make that call, so I try to withold judgement.

But guys, the cards are stacked against you in this society. Be careful, be smart.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 5:43:34 AM EDT
[#4]
You didn't get the memo?  Men are stupid and mean.  They don't get how the world really operates: on love and compassion.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 6:12:38 AM EDT
[#5]
I have spoken about this quite a bit here.
Advocate a total nationwide boycott of child support payments/alimony until this hsit gets straightened out. If we have no say we should have no responsibility. I chose well and haven't had to go thru any of this but I've seen it plenty.
Unfortunately, the system is set up for women to screw men. It is so easy that you can hardly blame them(though I do) and I would compare it to the earned income credit. It is bullshit but what idiot would turn down free money?!
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 6:44:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I agree w/ DrJarhead....

I have a friend that has to pay child support for a kid that is not his, solely because SC state law dictates it.
He had one child w/ the woman before the divorce.
She got knocked up on a one-nighter after their divorce.  The real sperm donor is nowhere to be found.  My friend only has to pay $50 a month, but it's the priciple that's BS.

-HS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top