Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/11/2006 10:46:10 AM EDT
I've lost some weight.  (25 lbs)  My goal was to get to 140 then see if I wanted to try to go to 130 again.  So yesterday I told my husband "Hey, I got on the scale this morning and it said 141...woo hoo me!"  He knows my plans and do I get a "congratulations" or a "good job"? no... he says "I think you should lose 10 more lbs."  

Men, don't ya just love 'em?  
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:52:43 AM EDT
[#1]
25 off is some dang good weight loss.  Tell him to try and match what you've done.  That should fix him.  Either that or threaten to cut off his sammich supply.  MJD
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:53:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Congratulations and Good Job!!! So what was your secret to the sucess??
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:56:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Perse...Allow me to impart wisdom I acquired in the second grade when Dennis Germanio decided Lori Mello was hotter than me:

Boys are stupid.

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:57:59 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Congratulations and Good Job!!! So what was your secret to the sucess??

Eating less.  Some slimfasty stuff, some atkins stuff, some not eating stuff, going back to work in retail, drinking more coffee, working out here and there.  Don't take weight loss advice from me.  I'm soooo not healthy.  

I do want to tone up a bit, especially in my tummy... havin' babies was very hard on my tummy.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:58:59 AM EDT
[#5]
What dude would EVER say that to his wife?

I certainly wouldn't. Not all guys are like that Persephone.

/I never come to the women's forum... I saw this in "Active Topics" though.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:02:44 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I certainly wouldn't. Not all guys are like that Persephone.

/I never come to the women's forum... I saw this in "Active Topics" though.

Naaa, it's not so bad, even the kindest of guys slip every once in a while and let their knuckles drag a bit.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:05:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Bastards...all of 'em!

Fortunately for me, I've been losing weight, and my boyfriend is gaining weight.  And it's NOT from my cooking, I'm doing Atkins.  So he doesn't have a leg to stand on when it comes to my diet status.

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:05:58 AM EDT
[#8]
The most important thing is how you feel about yourself. Congratulations on the weight loss!

I almost hate to say this but................................use sex as a weapon.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:16:24 AM EDT
[#9]
congrats perse!!!  

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:19:02 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Uhmmm...I would, and have.  

Never goes over well, but sometimes the truth needs to be said.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:24:39 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
The most important thing is how you feel about yourself. Congratulations on the weight loss!

I almost hate to say this but................................use sex as a weapon.

Duuuuude, an e-c*ckblock? BOGUS!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:26:40 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I disagree, but then again, my wife's never gotten to the point I felt it necessary to say anything.

Even if I were in awesome shape and she was pretty overweight, I'd say "hey, let's go for a walk..." every night or something.

Saying "You could stand to lose a few" to your wife is just being manipulative.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:36:54 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But would you do it when you're 100+ lbs over weight?

Anyway, this site says, I'm OK.: www.healthchecksystems.com/heightweightchart.htm

According to them, 5'7" with big German bones should be 143 - 163.  Even medium frame for my height is 133 - 147.

I think he just wants me to look like a barbie doll, and hon, after 2 kids it ain't never gonna happen.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:42:09 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Anyway, this site says, I'm OK.: www.healthchecksystems.com/heightweightchart.htm

According to them, 5'7" with big German bones should be 143 - 163.  Even medium frame for my height is 133 - 147.

I think he just wants me to look like a barbie doll, and hon, after 2 kids it ain't never gonna happen.  

I'm always recruiting for Mrs Jones Mark II.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:47:28 AM EDT
[#15]
FWIW that chart is SO generous to women it isn't even funny. Perhaps they're taking "lovely lady lumps" into account!

It says I (large frame, 6'4") should be between 181-207!!! I felt DEAD when I was 193  
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:48:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Perse just huck up a loogie the next time you make him a sammich and call it even kay?

Geese Louise, that is insensitive.  You're beautiful, tell him I said he should be thanking his lucky stars just one thank less than annoying that he's got such a beautiful wife and wonderful mother for his children.  

He really said that?  With all woman jury you would be aquitted of most anything.  Next time draw down on him.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:51:56 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
FWIW that chart is SO generous to women it isn't even funny. Perhaps they're taking "lovely lady lumps" into account!

It says I (large frame, 6'4") should be between 181-207!!! I felt DEAD when I was 193  

I don't know about that.  I'm 6' with a small frame.  It says I should weigh:
138-151 - small
148-162 - medium
158-179 -  large

That's pretty dang thin.  If I get down below 160 I'm a tooth pick.

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:56:35 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't know about that.  I'm 6' with a small frame.  It says I should weigh:
138-151 - small
148-162 - medium
158-179 -  large

That's pretty dang thin.  If I get down below 160 I'm a tooth pick.

I only glanced at the women's side. But when I've done this before with my wife (5'5" ish, small frame) she's always amazed at how much they say she could weigh. It's always 12-20 lbs more than she weighs. And I get thrown in the "borderline obese" bucket!

207, feh.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:07:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 1:13:54 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shoot...by going to that website, I learned my elbows are bigger than most Malibu Barbies.

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:10:20 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Perse...Allow me to impart wisdom I acquired in the second grade when Dennis Germanio decided Lori Mello was hotter than me:

Boys are stupid.

Isn't that the truth!

Persephone - Way to Go!  
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:21:23 PM EDT
[#22]
You did a great job.  He should be acknowledging how great your success has made YOU feel instead of saying that. But then again, I've come to expect guys to always say the opposite of what needs to be said. Let's do a "What's Wrong with American Men" Thread.

Congrats
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:34:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:36:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Try combing his hair - if any - with this:

Am I on your good side?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:38:33 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I've lost some weight.  (25 lbs)  My goal was to get to 140 then see if I wanted to try to go to 130 again.  So yesterday I told my husband "Hey, I got on the scale this morning and it said 141...woo hoo me!"  He knows my plans and do I get a "congratulations" or a "good job"? no... he says "I think you should lose 10 more lbs."  hinking.gif

Men, don't ya just love 'em?  hr

You were probably thinking "dick."  Sometimes you just want to slap the sense into them!!!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:53:36 PM EDT
[#26]
I can't believe he said that...    maybe he didn't mean it the way it came out...  y'know, lots of men are missing that filter-thingy between their brains and their mouths...  

at 5'7", 140 is probably as low as you should go...  maybe some toning stuff, but no more weight loss...  congrats on losing the 25 - that's my goal this year...  
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:49:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Well...here we have a case of labeling the group by the actions of the individual.  Maybe he was kidding.  We weren't there.  Only one of the people that posted in this thread actually knows what happened.  Good job on loosing the weight....not trying to say that wasn't positive, only I loathe being grouped in the "boys are dumb, stupid, etc" category.  I could group women into a category, but I choose to label only those who do things that cause a label to be attached to them, not the group that they belong to.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:56:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:19:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Really? and that from the inflat.......maybe I shouldn't finish that. Persephone..congrats.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:37:20 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

He knows my plans and do I get a "congratulations" or a "good job"? no... he says "I think you should lose 10 more lbs."  

Seems perfectly reasonably to me
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:14:46 PM EDT
[#31]
I'd never say that to my wife. Not even jokingly. Ever. Never.

Some things aren't done, and remarking on the wife's weight is one of them.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:13:06 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Well...here we have a case of labeling the group by the actions of the individual.  Maybe he was kidding.  We weren't there.  Only one of the people that posted in this thread actually knows what happened.  Good job on loosing the weight....not trying to say that wasn't positive, only I loathe being grouped in the "boys are dumb, stupid, etc" category.  I could group women into a category, but I choose to label only those who do things that cause a label to be attached to them, not the group that they belong to.

Bloody hell...IT WAS A JOKE.

Besides, are you a boy or a man?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 3:15:30 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You did a great job.  He should be acknowledging how great your success has made YOU feel instead of saying that. But then again, I've come to expect guys to always say the opposite of what needs to be said. Let's do a "What's Wrong with American Men" Thread.

Congrats

Do it.

I don't believe there is enough bandwidth on the entire 'net to support a thread of THAT magnitude...

Oh...and the above is a JOKE...

ya know, haha...

LAUGH damn you!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:19:41 AM EDT
[#34]
Congratulations on the weight loss!  I know it's hard when it comes from someone so close to you, but try not to take it too much to heart.  (Though it seems to me like a terribly insensitive thing to say).  Be proud of yourself, for yourself.  That comes first.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:54:16 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Stop touching your sensitive side, it's over-stimulated.  

Shall we all go back and edit our posts to say "some boys are stupid", "men, don't ya just love some of 'em", etc.?

Lighten up.

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:01:09 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Gee,.....you'd think this was.....

GENERAL DISCUSSION!!!!

<collective gasp>

get over it.  We have one tiny thread where men get a tiny bit bashed.  There are zillions of threads in GD and team that women are not only bashed, but hog tied, hanged, verbally raped, and otherwise abused, all in the name of Generalizations.  We deal with all of it for the most part, with little resistance.

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:03:51 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gee,.....you'd think this was.....

GENERAL DISCUSSION!!!!

<collective gasp>

get over it.  We have one tiny thread where men get a tiny bit bashed.  There are zillions of threads in GD and team that women are not only bashed, but hog tied, hanged, verbally raped, and otherwise abused, all in the name of Generalizations.  We deal with all of it for the most part, with little resistance.

[borg] RESISTANCE IS FUTILE[/borg]

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:44:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:49:14 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bloody hell...IT WAS A JOKE.

Besides, are you a boy or a man?

I'll hand over my man card now............well, my back-up man card......

And the boy reference was low....tasteless.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:59:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:14:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:34:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:43:23 PM EDT
[#43]
We love you, Persephone.

If he doesn't like the way you are, you can only do one thing...

Smack him upside the head and say, "What the HELL are you thinking?"

I think my wife could lose some weight too, but merely for health purposes. I love her the way she is but she's always feeling bad and complaining that she aches all over. I could lose some weight, too... but I'm fat and I'll admit it.

Anyway, we love you. Good job on losing your weight. Hope it never finds you again.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:49:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:56:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:59:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:02:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:12:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Has anyones wife ever looked at them and said" Honey, I have almost left before, but I decided not to leave because I love your mother so much."  Yeah, I called mom and thanked her. Yes, we men all have done something incredibly stupid in our relationships at least once or ten times.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:14:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:01:08 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Has anyones wife ever looked at them and said" Honey, I have almost left before, but I decided not to leave because I love your mother so much."  Yeah, I called mom and thanked her. Yes, we men all have done something incredibly stupid in our relationships at least once or ten times.

Personally...I love my husband...I TOLERATE his mother...
And we think you're cute when you're stupid, anyway
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top