Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 7/21/2008 3:53:36 PM EST
Odd question I know, but does anyone know where there is a Memphis Chinese takeout place that actually gives you the take-out in those little square take-out boxes that have the flaps that fold down and the little metal carry handle?

My girlfriend has always wanted to get take-out in these and sadly enough it would make a romantic dinner if I could find a place that has 'em.

She's easy to impress, LOL.

Anyone?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:50:43 PM EST
It has been years, but try looking up Dah Wah. Near the old Sears Crosstown building, not too far from downtown. Back in 1990 or so they did and it was goooooood and cheap.

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:03:38 PM EST
You can get a whole case of them here: These Chinese Take Out Boxes feature a red pagoda theme print on white.

Quite obviously, you should give her your dick in a Chinese take-out box.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:47:28 PM EST
you should post in hometown forum.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:05:08 PM EST
Da Wah or whatever's not there anymore... I live maybe a mile from the old Sears Bldg.

But almost any Chinese place in midtown uses those white boxes.
Try A-Tan in the shopping center at Poplar and Highland.

There's a really good place on Poplar, just east of Cleveland in a bright yellow building, they also have Vietnamese and they use the boxes.

Maybe you should just say where you are, exactly, and I'll tell you what's neearby.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:14:47 AM EST
Saigon Le does depending on what you order. Their food is really good too. It is on Cleveland just south of Poplar.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:16:27 AM EST
This thread makes me want to order some chinese.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:18:06 AM EST
this thread make me hungry for some Kung Pao Chicken (is it really chicken?)
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:00:49 PM EST

Originally Posted By Rustygun:
Saigon Le does depending on what you order. Their food is really good too. It is on Cleveland just south of Poplar.

Didn't mention them because Saigon isn't in China. But their food is really good.
There are a bunch of "pho" restaurants in midtown, Pho Saigon comes to mind (on Cleveland, between Poplar and I think Monroe?) and there are a few others. Pho means soup, and for a light meal those places are good, especially on a cold rainy winter day.

Bon Thai is also really good, on Peabody near Belvedere.

The Chinese/Vietnamese place I like best is a block or so west of McNeil, right before you get to the Kroger at Poplar and Cleveland. I don't remember the name because I used to live on Stonewall about two blocks a way, and with that yellow building, I didn't need the name. Also, they're all a variation of Dragon, Saigon, Hunan, etc. and it's hard to keep them straight.
Top Top