Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/29/2001 3:26:58 PM EDT
Well, my fun and excitement filled 3 day weekend came to a close yesterday. I eagerly started out on saturday with close to 3 1/2 hours of counting the holes in the library ceiling tiles (about 435-527 per tile by the way). On the agenda for sunday was to stare at a newly repainted wall near the computer store. I did that for 4 hours and noticed that when I looked very closely I could still faintly see the grafitti that was covered over.

Since I haven't been to the computer store in a while I went in to see what was new.  As I walked by the magazine rack I noticed this girl employee staring at me. This wasn't one of those "I just want to see who you are" type of looks, but an intense "what you lookin' at, biatch?" stare. I was going to say "hi" but thought better of it. While I was looking at the magazines I noticed that she walked off but then came back a few minutes later and a rent a cop type started milling around me. Hell, when you get falsely accused of things as much as I do, you get a feeling when you are not wanted so I didi maued right out of there.

Monday's activity was something I have wanted to do for a long time. Count my toothpick collection! After 10 years of gathering these little wooden untensils from all over like The RIO and MGM Grand in Las Vegas to the local eateries, I am happy to say that my assemblage has reached a respectible 47. I even have a couple of interesting examples from a japanese restaurant that look as if they were turned on a lathe. But my collection is far from complete without a specimen from the Union Oyster House in Boston, Massachusettes. What is so special about that place you ask? Well, it just so happens that it is the FIRST restaurant in the U.S. to ever give out toothpicks. It is holy grail that all us pick collectors long for.

So there you have it. You all can have your river trips and biker ho downs, I have better things to do.

Oh by the way, don't ask for any pictures because I was so caught up in enjoyment I forgot my camera.
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 3:59:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I had to work everyday except Monday, so don't feel so sorry for yourself.
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 4:10:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 4:19:34 PM EDT
[#3]
How it is that an obviously intelligent and thoughtful individual like yourself can't find something worthwhile to do escapes me.   Dude seriously needs a life.............and [sex]
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 4:47:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Yeah...Well somebody got you on film...
View Quote

Is that a concealed weapon??  [:D]
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 4:53:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Imbro - You should have started chatting up that computer store girl.  You walk up to her and say "hi" I'm so-and-so.  Then hit her with the small talk.  Watch her eyes, and then start laying on the lies (I mean compliments) really thick.  You have absolutely nothing to lose, since you have no chance with her at all.  At worst, it is good practice, and you could get lucky.  

You seem intelligent enough, surely you can smooth talk some girlie.  If you can make it past the first 2 minutes, you have a chance.  I can tell you from experience, getting shot down buy a supermodel is pretty entertaining - I have done it dozens of times.  Pick out the hottest fine babes you can try to get their phone number.
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 5:09:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 9:12:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Miss Magnum:
Quoted:
Yeah...Well somebody got you on film...
View Quote

It that a concealed weapon??  [:D]
View Quote

Its a woody! Bit of a toothpick. He better pray
that big blue bird doesn't try to perch on it.
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 10:21:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I slept till noon, watched a movie, ate some chicken strips, and played tennis with the wife.

Imbro-  Go rent the Tao of Steve. Whole movie about picking up chicks.

God, what I wouldn't give for a weekend alone to spend by myself playing computer games and watching TV.  I have my weekends planned out by the wife at least a month in advance.  When I was in my late twenties and single I would come home from work on Friday and barely leave my bedroom till Monday morning.  God I loved that.

Grass is always greener I guess.
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 10:58:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Imbro - You should have started chatting up that computer store girl.  You walk up to her and say "hi" I'm so-and-so.  Then hit her with the small talk.  Watch her eyes, and then start laying on the lies (I mean compliments) really thick.  You have absolutely nothing to lose, since you have no chance with her at all.  At worst, it is good practice, and you could get lucky.  
View Quote

I did watch her eyes and all I saw was the same seething contempt for me that I know all too well.
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 11:23:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Brog you should have "broke dat bitch down".
That was a TOO. Target of Opportunity.
What's the sense of being paranoid if you can't
tell everybody?[smoke]
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 1:33:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Reading Imbrog|io's post on his Memorial day activities makes me appreciate having to work. I watched rows of blinking lights but at least I was paid for it.
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 2:47:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Did you still have that 40DD hat on?

No wonder she was lookin at you funny. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 7:54:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Imbro - The ones that give you the evil eye are the most fun, because you have absolutely NO chance at all (nothing to lose).  The trick is no matter what she says, be extra extra nice to her.  If they really hate you, it is very frustrating to them.  They want to hate you, but you are so nice.  If she says something mean, just laugh it off, and then pour on the charm super thick. Keep a big grin!  As you walk out of the store, mumble to yourself "yeah, she wants me".  (Like any lie, if you repeat it enough times, people will start to believe it.)

There is this girl in the video store near my house that hated me from go.  I have been super nice to her and chatted her up.  Now when I come in, I see her sigh.  I have broken her will.  She wants to hate me but just can't.  If she was good lookin', I would have done her by now.  I only talk her up for the practice.

Think about a used car dealer selling an old repainted taxi cab.  He knows the car has 230,000 miles on it, and lets the sucker think it is 130,000.  He talks about it like it just came off of the showroom floor.  You sell yourself to women, by telling them how great THEY are (even if it ain't exactly true).  A good salesman can sell a $1 bill for $5, because a sale has nothing to do with the merchandise.
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 8:24:40 AM EDT
[#14]
mejames, I agree completely about talking to the super fine ones.  Its like sport, and there's no pressure because you don't really believe they'll play ball.  Anything good that comes of it is a bonus.  The ones that make me nervous are the ones in which I really have interest.  Practice makes perfect.
Link Posted: 5/30/2001 8:28:59 AM EDT
[#15]
I wanna be like Imbrog|io when I grow up.

Link Posted: 5/30/2001 8:42:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top