Neither, He's anti gun.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:25:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:53:07 AM EDT
[#3]
odd christmas topic, but i voted actor  
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 10:04:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Ummm... I missed the "I'd hit it" option on the poll...
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 4:04:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Maybe director....he has always given me the creeps...
Not the type of man I find attractive--something about his eyes bothers me.

Might feel differently in person, but since he is an anti...it won't be happening!

Gwen
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 5:30:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I agree with Gwen...his eyes are shifty - can't be trusted. Like he could wig out in a moments notice....

I prefer him to be an actor - my favorites are the Lethal Weapon movies.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 5:50:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:25:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 11:13:45 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I'm confused as to why people think he's anti-gun?

+1 I've never heard that he 's an anti.  Patty
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 1:02:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Actor.

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 1:47:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Check out the Apocalypto trailer at Apple movies. The leering spectators for the human sacrifice (folks in the white powder are the sacrifice) are creepy as all get out. The music in the trailer is amazing. More subtitles though...you'll get to practice your Mayan.

Kicks ass as both. That dude puts it all on roulette 00 and wins.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:39:44 AM EDT
[#12]
I say both. (It is after all arfcom moto to "get both") He is a good psycho charactor with his shifty eyes, but he also does good work as a director.
I had never heard one way or another if he is pro or anti gun. Someone really needs to find that out.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 4:25:00 AM EDT
[#13]
He had come out and said I believe when he was making Lethal Weapon 3 that he was anti gun at that time during an interview.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:14:44 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Ummm... I missed the "I'd hit it" option on the poll...

Out of my head!!!!
<grumbling>
Gonna start charging rent for all that space between my ears people keep climbing into!
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:04:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:36:56 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
He had come out and said I believe when he was making Lethal Weapon 3 that he was anti gun at that time during an interview.

Without a quote, I call false.  All the anti-gun crap in the Lethal Weapon series of movies is the brainchild of director Richard Donner, a known anti.  You will see it in other RD movies as well.

A quick search of Google Groups gives me lots of fighting about whether or not Gibson is anti-gun.  Quotes have been provided about him saying he owns guns, shoots, and even takes his kids to the range regularly.

I used to think he was anti-gun, and was pretty pissed that he made a movie like "The Patriot."  Looks like I might have been wrong about it.

FTR? He coulda been then and changed his mind, no???

I mean...maybe he realized the error of his ways???
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:57:37 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm confused as to why people think he's anti-gun?

+1 I've never heard that he 's an anti.  Patty

Same here If anybody would care to point me to some evidence, I'd be much obliged.  
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:58:41 AM EDT
[#18]
I like him as both, but I voted for actor just because I like to be able to look at him.  
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:07:59 AM EDT
[#19]
(Caution; Male lurking)

Perhaps he just was being Hollywood to get work back in the day.  Now he doesn't need to pretend?

Just a thought.

SoS
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:15:24 AM EDT
[#20]
He's an ignoramus.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:50:35 AM EDT
[#21]
There is something about him, particularly in Braveheart and Patriot, that shows extraordinary talent, a way of reaching into the theater.  I don't get freaked out by the eyes, at all.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:49:49 AM EDT
[#22]
From NewsMax...

Mel Gibson: Politically Incorrect but Honest

Sony Pictures has a bit of a brouhaha on its hands.

"The Patriot," a Revolutionary War period piece starring Mel Gibson, is set to open and apparently there's a scene in the movie where Gibson's character takes two smoothbore muskets out of a chest and gives them to his sons, aged 13 and 10. The kids go off into the woods with their father and proceed to ambush British Redcoats, who are holding another brother prisoner. They manage to kill more than a dozen men.

Matt Drudge reports that, during a screening last week in Los Angeles, there were gasps in the audience. Shock! Horror! Young men taking up arms in defense of their country!

Gibson is defending the scene. He said he'd let his kids take up weapons in self-defense, and that he's taken them to shooting ranges.

Doesn't Gibson know that it's taboo to be pro-gun in Hollywood? Hell, you're not even supposed to use the words "children" and "guns" in the same sentence unless you're pushing for legislation that keeps the two far away from each other. Because, as the anti-gun lobby has taught us, guns have the capacity to transform ordinary people into bloodthirsty criminals.

Mel Gibson's "Sexiest Man Alive" title may not mean much to me, but he just earned a whole lotta brownie points in my book.

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:34:10 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Maybe director....he has always given me the creeps...

Might feel differently in prison, but since he is an anti...it won't be happening!

Gwen

Pardon me?  

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:15:22 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Gwen

Wow, he's got eyes?  I never got past looking at his butt.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:29:01 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gwen

In the ads for the new Jenna Elfman sitcom, a guy tells her "Hey, my eyes are up here!" (when he caught her staring at his package).

I always want to tell chicks* that; I mean, what am I, a piece of meat?

* Chicks Forum flamesuit on.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:42:25 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gwen

In the ads for the new Jenna Elfman sitcom, a guy tells her "Hey, my eyes are up here!" (when he caught her staring at his package).

Good Luck with that ambition!
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:09:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Hey, at least it's not Blonde Ambition (i.e. Madonna).  
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:32:14 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gwen

Wait, you have eyes?..

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:50:13 AM EDT
[#29]
http://www.muzzmag.com/freedom.html

In my 21 years as editor of MUZZLELOADER, I've written very few editorials. I've always figured that my views are pretty well understood on the basis of what kind of material appears in MUZZLELOADER. However since there is  a debate occurring in our pages concerning Mel Gibson, the movie The Patriot, and gun control, and since we do have an article by Mark Baker about training Gibson in this issue (July/August 2000), I rekon it is time to explain my views.

We have received notice from a couple of subscribers that they will cancel their subscriptions if an article about Gibson appears in MUZZLELOADER. They have heard that Gibson is an anti-gunner, and they believe that we shouldn't support anti-gun proponents. I can understand their sentiments, but I don't know the basis for their claim. I checked the NRA's list of anti-gun celebrities on their web site, and Gibson is not listed. I have talked to Mark Baker and Frank House, who trained Gibson in using the rifle that Frank built for The Patriot, and neither detected any anti-gun bias on Gibson's part.

Then, late last week, a member of our staff saw an article on Gibson in a magazine on the newstand. I'll quote here from page 63 of the May 29, 2000, issue of US Weekly, ". . .Gibson, a staunch believer in the right to bear arms, has taught his own children how to use guns."

I apologize to Mel Gibson for publishing a letter that accused him of being anti-gun without checking the facts. We will be more cautious in the future when it comes to the letters that we publish. Readers, I urge you to take care when attributing beliefs or attaching labels to public figures.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:37:49 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gwen

Wait, you have eyes?..

<ric_flair>Whoo!</ric_flair>

:: pumps fist in air ::

Finally!

Um, I mean..... AGNTSA.

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:59:04 PM EDT
[#31]
actor
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:51:46 PM EDT
[#32]
I like him as an actor better, He freaked me out with "Passion".

He became this storm trooper church guy who wanted to assimilate everyone to his way of thinking, because every other road was supposedly false.  

resistance is futile.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:59:21 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

It won't fit: It's a 2 piece....
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:01:44 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It won't fit: It's a 2 piece....

Even better........ that'll be two hotties (you and Perseph) who won't be able to take yer eyes off!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top