Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2006 12:20:50 AM EDT
Oh man what a pickle. Floyd is one of my favorite bands ever. And i *really* want to see Gilmour in concert.
Tickets are on Ebay, but there runnin 3-5 for 2 for Radio City in NYC. Plus airfare and hotel, I'm lookin at over a grand.....

being just after X-mas, I dont have that kinda scratch layin around. Now, I could dip the 401k for a bit of coin to go on a vacation.... And I only need around a grand......And I *really* want to see Gilmour....

Eh...Cant decide.....

What say you Arfcom. Would you dip the 401k for some scratch to see Gilmour, knowing he may very well never tour again? This could be it man, the do or die once in a lifetime chance......

Damnit, I dunno........

Oh and the kicker? Most austions end in the next 12 hours.
If I'm doin it, I gotta do it NOW.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:25:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't like any performer well enough to fork over $1k to see them.

That will buy a DVD of the concert, and a very nice TV to watch it on over and over and over again.

That's just me.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:30:31 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

That will buy a DVD of the concert, and a very nice TV to watch it on over and over and over again.

That's just me.

Technically it would be 300 for the concert, and the rest on a vacation.....
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:37:00 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's just me.

Technically it would be 300 for the concert, and the rest on a vacation.....

I used to love Pink Floyd, but David Gilmour is not Pink Floyd. If you've seen any of his solo videos you know what I'm talking about
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:53:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Dipping into a 401k is not a good idea, you will be taxed very hard on the money, making your 1k about 1.5k.
Buy the DVD
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:21:13 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I used to love Pink Floyd, but David Gilmour is not Pink Floyd. If you've seen any of his solo videos you know what I'm talking about

Floyd can perform without ANY OTHER member and still be Floyd. Take Gilmore away and you have NOTHING. Gilmore IS the sound of Floyd. Waters was good for a time but is all wacked out. He was nothing but a distraction during the last years with the band. Without Waters Floyd is STILL Floyd (minus a little something.)

BTW
No FREAKING way would I pay more than $35 or $40 to see ANY concert.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:23:25 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
This could be it man, the do or die once in a lifetime chance......

You missed it by about 25 years or so. Its too late. Save your money please.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:42:09 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Floyd can perform without ANY OTHER member and still be Floyd. Take Gilmore away and you have NOTHING. Gilmore IS the sound of Floyd. Waters was good for a time but is all wacked out. He was nothing but a distraction during the last years with the band. Without Waters Floyd is STILL Floyd (minus a little something.)

I agree, but his solo act is nothing like Pink Floyd, and is bound to disappoint you if that's what you're looking for.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:37:06 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Oh man what a pickle. Floyd is one of my favorite bands ever. And i *really* want to see Gilmour in concert.
Tickets are on Ebay, but there runnin 3-5 for 2 for Radio City in NYC. Plus airfare and hotel, I'm lookin at over a grand.....

being just after X-mas, I dont have that kinda scratch layin around. Now, I could dip the 401k for a bit of coin to go on a vacation.... And I only need around a grand......And I *really* want to see Gilmour....

Eh...Cant decide.....

What say you Arfcom. Would you dip the 401k for some scratch to see Gilmour, knowing he may very well never tour again? This could be it man, the do or die once in a lifetime chance......

Damnit, I dunno........

Try this instead:

www.ticketmaster.com/promo/24215
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:07:13 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Dipping into a 401k is not a good idea, you will be taxed very hard on the money, making your 1k about 1.5k.
Buy the DVD

+1

Buy the DVD, use the rest for the drugz necessary to like that crap  
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:17:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Ummm, let's see...pay $300 to go to any concert ever...hell no.
Take $1000 out of my retirement to go to a concert....wtf are you thinking?

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:18:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Don't do it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:22:34 AM EDT
[#12]
I'd rather see Roger Waters.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:26:53 AM EDT
[#13]

That's some of the funniest shit I've heard in years....
You'll be telling me next "shine on" was written about Syd

Go read "Inside out"

Taffy
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:06:08 AM EDT
[#14]
I would pay $1k to see a reunited Led Zeppelin.
That means their drummer must be alive to play.
Too bad he isn't.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:16:17 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I would pay $1k to see a reunited Led Zeppelin.
That means their drummer must be alive to play.
Too bad he isn't.

Dang, I remember when $20 seemed alot to pay to hear some rock n roll.  

A $1000?  I could think of something better to do with it.

But to each his own.  I've spent a lot more than 1K on worse stuff than rock and roll.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:08:35 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Eh...Cant decide.....

Damnit, I dunno........

YES GO.  Dude, if I had no money left, I would sell my car to go see Floyd.

$300 really isn't that much for the ticket.  As for the rest of the cash, can you find a closer venue?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top