Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2005 12:24:03 PM EDT
Im lookinf for the companies that are providing medics for Iraq and else where. Any help?
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 12:46:13 PM EDT
[#1]
check over on lightfighter.com in the PMC forum.  Dyncorp, Triple Canopy....
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 12:46:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 12:50:54 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
check over on lightfighter.com in the PMC forum.  Dyncorp, Triple Canopy....

really the right place for that stuff.  Just a note that it doesn't have the reputation for being the friendliest forum.  Lots of very skilled and knowledgable people, but also the ego that goes with it.  Just stick to breif direct questions.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 3:11:12 PM EDT
[#4]
If you're not looking to do any 'hi-speed' stuff like tactical medicine, KBR is hiring. You spend your time on an FOB and are responsible for the medical care of the KBR employees on the FOB. They offered me a job for 150k/yr when i was in Iraq on Uncle Sugar's dime. I think their job website is www.kbrjobs.com
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 3:21:43 PM EDT
[#5]
couple meds from our unit went over there.. making great $$

stay safe!
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 3:23:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks again. Last offer was about the same as I would make doing EOD. I like being a medic much better.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:21:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Take a look at Black Water they tried to recruit me for a tactical medic job. Believed it was 130k if I remember right....

Goodluck! its the wild west over there... heading back in July for second rotation (helo crewchief/medic)

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:00:18 PM EDT
[#8]
If your a combat medic, or your a locked on guy with military (Infantry, SOF, MP) or police experience, and personal protection experience with EMT-I or paramedic national registry, then we could use you over here.  DynCorp is looking for qualified PSD medics.  Look them up on the web under DynCorp International LLC.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:27:30 PM EDT
[#9]
You guys mean paramedics?

130k!!!!!!
DAMN, REAL medics don't make that kind of money during our entire contract!!!
That's just WRONG!
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 8:18:22 AM EDT
[#10]
The last ofer was about $185 and now it's all untaxed due to being in a combat zone. I did apply with dyncorp but haven't heard back yet. Im hearing bad stuff about KBR screwing over there gys. ANyone confirm or denie this? Im a 20 year paramedic as well as active EOD. Youd think someone would be jumping to get me first. Hummm
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 10:14:15 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
The last ofer was about $185 and now it's all untaxed due to being in a combat zone. I did apply with dyncorp but haven't heard back yet. Im hearing bad stuff about KBR screwing over there gys. ANyone confirm or denie this? Im a 20 year paramedic as well as active EOD. Youd think someone would be jumping to get me first. Hummm

185-188K is about industry standard.  

Only the first 80K is tax free if you stay out of the states for 330 days out of a 12 month period.  

You will hear about every company screwing over someone.  I'm happy with my company.

20 year paramedic and active EOD, you would be a great asset over here if you also have protection experience, military or police experience, and can handle living in an austere environment.  

If you have the right creds, keep calling DynCorp or Blackwater, you might get their attention.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 6:22:37 PM EDT
[#12]
This has changed. It's all tax free now due to being in a combat zone. I have the IRS paperwork in hand. Some of the guys that went first and stuck around are getting big ole refunds now. No time limit, no time out of country, it's all tax free! Now it's worth my while.
Any other leads?
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 8:34:48 PM EDT
[#13]
$150,00 to work for KBR as a medic?  Not sure what recruiter you talked to but he wasn't telling you the truth.   Blackwater, Triple Canopy, Dynacorp, etc pay better than $130,000 but you need the background to get on with them and knowing someone doesn't hurt either.

A lot depends on your qualifications and where you are willing to work.  Working outside the wire pays a lot better, but the number of IEDs and VBIEDs has about doubled in the last couple of months.   The number of contractors maimed and killed doesn't make the news very often.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top