Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/17/2004 7:36:02 PM EST
So I saw an ad today for medical marijuana. Said its your cure for this/that chronic pain whatever. Then it defined chronic pain. "Chronic: Menstrual pain, insomnia, asthma, neck/back pain...." Wouldn't smoking weed make your asthma worse?
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 7:37:23 PM EST

Originally Posted By Blue84S10:
Wouldn't smoking weed make your asthma worse?

Yea, but you wouldn't care as much.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 7:38:33 PM EST
From the expierance of seeing people use marijuana, it just turns people into worthless dumbasses.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 7:42:28 PM EST

Originally Posted By Taxman:
From the expierance of seeing people use marijuana, it just turns people into worthless dumbasses.

"Waddaya mean worthless dumbass!!??

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 7:45:15 PM EST

Originally Posted By GrH_Revelation:

Originally Posted By Taxman:

"Waddaya mean worthless dumbass!!??

www.rwd.ru/rwd_ssi/images/marijuana.jpg

Someone on painkillers or meth will work most the time, hell even a crackhead will try to get money. People on marijuana, just try to bum money and stuff off people.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 7:45:53 PM EST
Did you not even see the humor in it Gosh... I'm a failure
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 7:47:42 PM EST

Did you not even see the humor in it Gosh... I'm a failure

Freakin noob
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 7:49:42 PM EST
Tends to clear out sinuses, from what I remember from my misspent youth. Asthma is a reaction, right? Maybe it dulls whatever receptors react negatively?
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 7:51:19 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 7:52:42 PM EST

Originally Posted By Cougar8045:
members.cox.net/mwquick1/Marijuana%20Billboard.jpg

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:11:22 PM EST
If anyone really thinks their medical conditions would be improved by marijuana they can simply go to the doctor and get a prescription for any of the several THC/Cannibus based FDA approved medications. The reality of the situtation is "medical marijuana" advocates care a lot more about getting stoned than getting cured.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:17:28 PM EST
I don't know dude....
I get stoned pretty often. Took my GRE's last Friday...1510 math+verbal

Just got accepted into graduate school. I guess I am the exception
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:18:45 PM EST
Good for you... what's even better is that you will have such a use for your "exceptional knowledge" when you're dead from lung cancer at age 37
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:20:48 PM EST
nah that's all i smoke (no cigs), and i don't do it more than once a week or so
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:23:20 PM EST

Originally Posted By FortyFiveAutomatic:
I don't know dude....

I know three people working towards thier PhD's at the moment. One at Harvard, one at UChicago, and one at USC. All three of them are regular pot smokers.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:23:51 PM EST

Originally Posted By METT-T:

I don't know dude....

I know three people working towards thier PhD's at the moment. One at Harvard, one at UChicago, and one at USC. All three of them are regular pot smokers.

cool man
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:24:04 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/17/2004 8:26:08 PM EST by Dave_A]

Originally Posted By Blue84S10:
So I saw an ad today for medical marijuana. Said its your cure for this/that chronic pain whatever. Then it defined chronic pain. "Chronic: Menstrual pain, insomnia, asthma, neck/back pain...." Wouldn't smoking weed make your asthma worse?

The only 'medical' use for MJ is that it allows potheads to get so high they forget about whatever excuse they used to get the perscription...

Seriously, the only medical MJ advocates I have met simply wanted to be able to get high legally, and would 'instantly' start having chronic migranes if MMJ became law...

In case you can't tell, druggies rate one step below liberals in my book...

I'd rather spend a day in a room with a raving DU Kerry supporter than a pothead...
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:24:44 PM EST

Originally Posted By AR15fan:
If anyone really thinks their medical conditions would be improved by marijuana they can simply go to the doctor and get a prescription for any of the several THC/Cannibus based FDA approved medications. The reality of the situtation is "medical marijuana" advocates care a lot more about getting stoned than getting cured.

Well thats whats fucked up about our medical system.

Gee I have a pain problem, lets go to the doctor and pay $$$ for his time, then lets pay more $$$ for some synthesised bullshit prescription instead of just growing your own stuff.

Fucking drug companies. The only difference between them and most drug dealers is that the drug companies spend more money on lobbyists.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:25:48 PM EST

Originally Posted By OFFascist:

Gee I have a pain problem, lets go to the doctor and pay $$$ for his time, then lets pay more $$$ for some synthesised bullshit prescription instead of just growing your own stuff.

Fucking drug companies. The only difference between them and most drug dealers is that the drug companies spend more money on lobbyists.

+1
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:26:54 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/17/2004 8:28:38 PM EST by GrH_Revelation]
There are beautiful anorexic women... doesn't make them healthy'

There are rich and powerful people... doesn't make their opinion valid

There are white guys with shaved heads... doesn't make them Neo-Nazis

There are pot smokers with law degrees... doesn't make them cool

Also... there are capsules that one can take rather than smoke Marijuana... but you don't get the same kind of "high" although it does numb pain receptors... but people don't want THAT kind of pain relief because what they really want is an excuse to get HIGH

IMHO
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:28:49 PM EST

Originally Posted By OFFascist:

+1

No, it's 'let's pay for a safe, non-cancer-causing pill that gives you the same chemical without the side-effects (high, inhaling smoke, etc)...

The pharmacutical industry produces more effective, safer products ... Of course, you also have to pay for the R&D, et al...

Basically, it comes down to 2 groups: the folks who want to get high, and the folks who only use legal drugs with perscription to cure illness (and do NOT want side effects of any kind, especially mind-altering ones)....
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:32:16 PM EST

. . . and God knows we must employ the full force of law and government to ensure that people don't get stoned. You know what's worse? There are people who manipulate their genitals in private even though there is no chance of procreation as a result of this "masturbation!" Some masturbation advocates claim that it's good for the prostate and relieves tension, but most of them are more interested in achieving a purely hedonistic orgasm than in any supposed therapeutic result.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:33:56 PM EST

Originally Posted By Dave_A:
No, it's 'let's pay for a safe, non-cancer-causing pill that gives you the same chemical without the side-effects (high, inhaling smoke, etc)...

Perhaps you want to pay for that but maybe not everyone does.

Maybe others are willing to take thier chances with thier own home remidies that they can afford instead of being stuck with nothing because they cant afford money it costs for prescription medicine.

The pharmacutical industry produces more effective, safer products ... Of course, you also have to pay for the R&D, et al...

We used to live in a capitalist society where the market could decide if they wanted to pay for that. Now though thanks to the lobbying of drug companies the alternatives to them are being outlawed.

Basically, it comes down to 2 groups: the folks who want to get high, and the folks who only use legal drugs with perscription to cure illness (and do NOT want side effects of any kind, especially mind-altering ones)....

Who cares about the folks who want to get high? I dont. Its entirely thier choice what they want to do with thier lives.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:34:41 PM EST

Originally Posted By FLAL1A:

. . . and God knows we must employ the full force of law and government to ensure that people don't get stoned. You know what's worse? There are people who manipulate their genitals in private even though there is no chance of procreation as a result of this "masturbation!" Some masturbation advocates claim that it's good for the prostate and relieves tension, but most of them are more interested in achieving a purely hedonistic orgasm than in any supposed therapeutic result.

Great point.. I mean, what would the world come to if we followed EVERY law set forth by a government that we volunteer to be held accountable to. I mean, shouldn't we all just pick and choose the laws we wish to obey and disregard the ones we don't like.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:36:50 PM EST
It's amazing how nonsense like "Reefer Madness" has created such a hardy and misinformed bias. The only thing bad about smoking pot is that it is against the law. If it never came to the books, no one would be saying anything about it.

"I would rather be in a room with a Kerry liberal than a pothead"...at least the pothead would be too stoned to spout off bullshit statistics and rally for fucking animal rights.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:38:28 PM EST
And the only thing bad about Meth is that it makes people have a tendency to hurt others?

And the only thing bad about Alcohol is that when combined with a car it effectively kills more people in America than any other disease
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:39:02 PM EST

Great point.. I mean, what would the world come to if we followed EVERY law set forth by a government that we volunteer to be held accountable to. I mean, shouldn't we all just pick and choose the laws we wish to obey and disregard the ones we don't like.

That's an excellent point. Give me a ten hour interview, answer truthfully, and for every time you've violated a state or federal law (within the statute of limitation) for which you have not been apprehended and punished, you pay me the maximum fine and do the maximum term of incarceration locked in the trunk of my car on bread and water. Deal?
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:41:17 PM EST

And the only thing bad about Meth is that it makes people have a tendency to hurt others?

And the only thing bad about Alcohol is that when combined with a car it effectively kills more people in America than any other disease

Before about 1924 everything we consider "drugs" was freely available at the corner store. The moral atmosphere and crime rate in America have impoved vastly since those dark days, no?
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:41:50 PM EST

the body's physiological response to methamphetamine is hyperactivity in the sympathetic nervouse system. if the person wants to hurt someone, HE is accountable, not the drug. Same goes for alcohol. If a man drinks and drives, HE goes to jail, not the bottle.

many drugs illicit or not have a potential for altering a person's state of mind to an extent that he might commit a violent act. so what's your point?
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:42:09 PM EST

Friend got hit by a car driven by 2 guys who had just left a gaybar and were drunk this weekend. They were in a Subarau and hit him headon at 70, he was in a Chevy boxtruck, they both went to the trauma unit, he walked away, but it totaled both cars.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:42:42 PM EST
"A man's character is his fate...."

It isn't necessarily a man's ability to be continually perfect that makes him a good person, it is the continual effort to do what is right that makes him a good person.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:43:25 PM EST

Aha, I see you feel sorry for the poor victims of meth and alcohol.

"That poor meth head, the meth is evil and it made him do bad things, its not his fault he commits crimes."

Same with drunk drivers too huh? "that poor alcoholic, its not his fault the booze makes him evil."

Give me a fucking break. If someone commits a "real" crime with or without the help of drugs it is a crime.

IMO it doesnt matter why they comitted the crime, if they were high or just stupid, what matters is that they comitted it.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:43:36 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/17/2004 8:45:25 PM EST by GrH_Revelation]

Before about 1924 everything we consider "drugs" was freely available at the corner store. The moral atmosphere and crime rate in America have impoved vastly since those dark days, no?

Yea... and the Germans tested Meth on their soldiers because it was harmless and wouldn't make them aggressive fighting machines?

I'm from Missouri, the number one producer of Meth... it makes people do violent things in desperation for the drug, you can't discount that it is a problem when pharmacies are constantly being robbed for the drugs...
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:44:23 PM EST
what does that have to do with anything?

our disagreement, then, boils down to whether each of us thinks smoking pot (or consuming any mind-altering substance) is inherently evil or not.

i feel it is not.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:45:36 PM EST

Also... there are capsules that one can take rather than smoke Marijuana... but you don't get the same kind of "high" although it does numb pain receptors... but people don't want THAT kind of pain relief because what they really want is an excuse to get HIGH
IMHO

Yeah, I agree that the medical mj thing is bullshit. It's an attempt to move towards decriminalization. But it doesn't bother me.

What bothers me is the stupid, racist, completely ineffective and horrendously expensive 70 year long propaganda campaign in this country which has resulted in millions of people being jailed, killed, having their lives ruined and their communities torn apart totally uneccessarily. In the process, this moronic "war" has been used as the primary pretext to deprive us of our 2nd, 4th and 5th Amendment rights.

If someone ever does execute a no-knock warrant on you at four in the morning to seize your AR, be sure to thank the "War on Drugs."

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:46:39 PM EST
I feel it is <---- World's Most Amazing Rebuttal

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:46:59 PM EST

Originally Posted By METT-T:

IMHO

Yeah, I agree that the medical mj thing is bullshit. It's an attempt to move towards decriminalization. But it doesn't bother me.

What bothers me is the stupid, racist, completely ineffective and horrendously expensive 70 year long propaganda campaign in this country which has resulted in millions of people being jailed, killed, having their lives ruined and their communities torn apart totally uneccessarily. In the process, this moronic "war" has been used as the primary pretext to deprive us of our 2nd, 4th and 5th Amendment rights.

If someone ever does execute a no-knock warrant on you at four in the morning to seize your AR, be sure to thank the "War on Drugs."

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:47:34 PM EST

Some it does some it doesnt, marijuana makes me angry and violent.

I seen methheads who will get out there and bust thier ass on construction or cutting down trees.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:47:53 PM EST

It isn't necessarily a man's ability to be continually perfect that makes him a good person, it is the continual effort to do what is right that makes him a good person.

That is waffling weaselhood at its most pungent. People don't go to jail they aren't "good." They go to to jail for having committed specified acts in violation of the law - because they decided to "just pick and choose the laws [they] wish to obey and disregard the ones [they] don't like."

Do we have a deal, or did you fail to make a defensible point? The trunk is available. Bring your checkbook. Alternatively. . .well, I think you know.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:48:14 PM EST

The only thing bad about smoking pot is that it is against the law.

+Increased high risk behavior from lowered inhibitions.
+Lung cancer and other diseases.
+car crashes fom driving under the influence.

Doesnt mean it should be illegal. But dont claim that walking through life baked doesnt have carry some negative consequences.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:48:28 PM EST
wow mj makes you violent, man that's weird, i've never heard of that!

mj makes me chiiiiiilllllll
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:49:51 PM EST

That is waffling weaselhood at its most pungent. People don't go to jail they aren't "good." They go to to jail for having committed specified acts in violation of the law - because they decided to "just pick and choose the laws [they] wish to obey and disregard the ones [they] don't like."

Do we have a deal, or did you fail to make a defensible point? The trunk is available. Bring your checkbook. Alternatively. . .well, I think you know.

I'm sorry to have to do this to you

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:50:35 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/17/2004 8:51:31 PM EST by FLAL1A]

Yea... and the Germans tested Meth on their soldiers because it was harmless and wouldn't make them aggressive fighting machines?

I'm from Missouri, the number one producer of Meth... it makes people do violent things in desperation for the drug, you can't discount that it is a problem when pharmacies are constantly being robbed for the drugs...

And if you could buy MegaMeth[tm] capsules/liquid/however-the-hell-you-use-meth at the Minute Market for the price of a six-pack, what exactly would these folks be doing to get the drugs?

ETA: Answer the question: Compare and contrast the drug problem in America before drug prohibition and after.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:51:14 PM EST

The only thing bad about smoking pot is that it is against the law.

+Increased high risk behavior from lowered inhibitions.
+Lung cancer and other diseases.
+car crashes fom driving under the influence.

Doesnt mean it should be illegal. But dont claim that walking through life baked doesnt have carry some negative consequences.

I appreciate it, but I don't claim that at all. And I'm not really walking thru life baked. I smoke every weekend or so, in the privacy of my own home, and it bothers no one. I take the same precautions as I do before I drink a substantial amount of alcohol, and of course I do not drive or engage in anything high risk. One of the things that might be keeping it illegal is that a few other folks just can't be responsible, with whatever they put in their bodies, be it smoke, alcohol, meth, mcdonalds, etc etc
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:51:19 PM EST

Having arrested hundreds of them, and interviewing thousands. I dont find methamphetamine users particularly violent. I find I have to fight with those who abuse Cocaine, alcohol, or Prescription meds much more often than i have to fight with those who abuse Methamphetamine.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:55:22 PM EST

Having arrested hundreds of them, and interviewing thousands. I dont find methamphetamine users particularly violent. I find I have to fight with those who abuse Cocaine, alcohol, or Prescription meds much more often than i have to fight with those who abuse Methamphetamine.

Great point.. but, tell that horse shit to the men and women that have had their asses blown to Hell because they entered a Meth house and the user's setup exploded. Tell that to the dead high school pharmacy worker that just got her ass plowed by an '82 Lincoln because John Imaworthlessdicktease needed his fix.... it's a problem... whether it's as big a problem as Cocaine is irrelevant...
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:55:29 PM EST

www.thamike.com/fn_images/diltard.jpg

Sorry, sport. You lose. You sought to make a point based on a purported obligation to obey every law on the books; you claimed that none of us has the right to choose what laws to obey; you are unable to defend your position and are hip-deep in forensic shit. Post whatever pictures you want (copyright violations go for 10 years apiece, IIRC); you've already outted yourself.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:56:12 PM EST

And if you could buy MegaMeth[tm] capsules/liquid/however-the-hell-you-use-meth at the Minute Market for the price of a six-pack, what exactly would these folks be doing to get the drugs?

ETA: Answer the question: Compare and contrast the drug problem in America before drug prohibition and after.

Meth is popular because it's cheap in comparison to other drugs. Why's it cheaper? Because other drugs take much more time to import or grow, and are much more vulnerable to LE efforts. If prices of the more natural and less harmful drugs weren't so artificially high, you wouldn't have crank, crack, China White or PCP.

At the same time, I doubt use would go up. Does anyone on this board not smoke mj simply because it's illegal? Do you know anyone who fits that definition? I don't. The folks I know that smoke pot are going to smoke regardless of it's legal status, and the folks I know who don't, won't.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:56:35 PM EST

Pharmacies are usually robbed for Narcotics, not Meth. Stealling Vicodin or Oxycontin from a pharmacy is much more common than stealing Adderral. Narcotics simply have more intense withdrawal syptoms than stimulants, so junkies are more likely to act out in desperation than tweekers are.

Of course there are always exceptions. For example a local pot head robbed a Head shop and got into a shootout with the cops because he wanted a new Bong.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:57:24 PM EST

Great point.. but, tell that horse shit to the men and women that have had their asses blown to Hell because they entered a Meth house and the user's setup exploded. Tell that to the dead high school pharmacy worker that just got her ass plowed by an '82 Lincoln because John Imaworthlessdicktease needed his fix.... it's a problem... whether it's as big a problem as Cocaine is irrelevant...

If meth were commercially available, how would that change the situations to which you have alluded?
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:57:51 PM EST

www.thamike.com/fn_images/diltard.jpg

Sorry, sport. You lose. You sought to make a point based on a purported obligation to obey every law on the books; you claimed that none of us has the right to choose what laws to obey; you are unable to defend your position and are hip-deep in forensic shit. Post whatever pictures you want (copyright violations go for 10 years apiece, IIRC); you've already outted yourself.

Yea... great point... copyright laws are heavy on non-watermarked or copyrighted media... nice try though.. Dick.. can I call you dick?

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top