Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2004 4:51:49 AM EDT
Flipping through the news channels this morning, and all of them start off their news program with the murder of Nick Berg.  However, the local NBC station mixed his death with the prison abuse story.  In fact, while they were showing picture of him sitting down, the announcers were talking about  the prison abuse, and the caption says "Prisoners Abuse Scandal"  as if to remind people that he deserve what he got because of it.  Right now on MSNBC.com Nick Berg is not even a headline story (but guess what is!)

CNN Headline News at least didn't mix the two stories togather, but they did run them side by side; just couldn't wait to finish the Nick Berg story so they can move on to the REAL atrocity.  
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 4:55:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Last night, CNN's Anderson & Co stated that Berg's death was the result of the actions of 7 US troops.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 5:00:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 5:07:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Local news is saying he was detianed and held for 13 days by American forces and told it wasn't safe to be in Iraq. They also mentioned that he sent an email home in Jan. saying he had met his uncle's brother in Iraq and that they both feared for their safety while they were together. BTW His uncle had an Arabic name.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 5:12:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Yep, let's water the whole thing down.  That's what Al Queda is counting on.

Tj
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 5:16:30 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Last night, CNN's Anderson & Co stated that Berg's death was the result of the actions of 7 US troops.

Maybe if the abuse scandal wasn't broken, he wouldn't have been executed.  But who cares...the fact is those fucking animals ruthlessly murdered Berg, and that's what the media should be reporting independent of the prisoner abuse scandal.  That's why I tend to enter self-imposed media blackouts every once in a while...for mental health reasons.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 5:22:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Im disappointed at the reporting here.

I found out from ARFKOM many hours before I found out on my homepage, www.ninemsn.com.au .  The news has it after the federal budget, which was announced today, and sometimes its even later.  Every time they report on it, they link it to the abuse scandal, and it is often very short.  In the "news updates" in the ad breaks, they just mention it and have alot more info on useless shit.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 7:06:41 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe if the abuse scandal wasn't broken, he wouldn't have been executed.

Then why did they execute that Italian BEFORE the Iraqi "Frat-boy hazing" incidents were made public?

This was not in retaliation for the prison episodes, his name was "Berg" - he didn't stand a chance.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 7:09:45 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
MUCH confusion as to what Mr. Berg was doing in Iraq.   I first heard he was employed by the Pentagon, then he was there to install communication equipment (free-lance) and last that he was there trying to get a job repairing communications towers.

5sub

Does it really matter why he was there?  Does that justify what happened?
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 7:10:30 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Local news is saying he was detianed and held for 13 days by American forces and told it wasn't safe to be in Iraq. They also mentioned that he sent an email home in Jan. saying he had met his uncle's brother in Iraq and that they both feared for their safety while they were together. BTW His uncle had an Arabic name.

Does any of that really matter?
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 7:14:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Daniel Pearl also had his head cut off because of this prisoner 'abuse' scandal.  His murders could see into the future.

I've always disliked and distrusted the media, but after this BS I'm livid.

The prisoner 'abuse' story is still getting more airtime than this brutal murders.

To make things worse, every time they mention Nick Berg it goes something like this:

"The Freedom Fighters were acting in response to the horrible abuse of Iraqi citizens by US soldiers.  These men tried to exchange Nick Berg for Iraqi prisoners, but the US refused the offer.  Oh, and then they cut his head off, but in other news today, the US is still facing worldwide condemnation following startling revelations of prisoner abuse...."

The media definitely has an agenda and they are sticking to it.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 7:15:33 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Maybe if the abuse scandal wasn't broken, he wouldn't have been executed.  

Bullshit!  Those animals don't need an excuse, but these animals, along with our media, were hoping this, and the so-called scandal, would help get Bush out of office and their buddy Lurch in so we would pull out of Iraq.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 7:30:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Well I was just enlightened by Fox News that I should remember there are reporters over there and in danger as well as other civilians.  No, I'm still holding my lunch down.

I wish they would get the hell out myself and let the military do their job!  

Tj

Link Posted: 5/12/2004 7:33:37 AM EDT
[#13]
The_Macallan and LARRYG,

Read the rest of my post.  Actually, I'll repost the important part right here for you:

But who cares...the fact is those fucking animals ruthlessly murdered Berg, and that's what the media should be reporting independent of the prisoner abuse scandal.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 7:37:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top