Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2001 2:35:00 PM EDT
Hi,

I'm highly in favor of mechanical locks (such as those seen on Cannon and AmSec handgun safes) over a combination or key lock.

I have one of these for my handgun and can open it pretty damn fast, but is there a way to store long guns with these for fast access?

I don't like the idea of leaving them unlocked, and my gun bags locked up at home don't do me much good if I have to find the keys in a hurry in the dark.
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 3:34:27 PM EDT
[#1]
If you have kids in the home then yes you should lock up your long guns. Otherwise, as far as the law is concerned, your locked home is security enough (if you are worried about the law that says you will be prosecuted if someone gets your unlocked gun and commits a crime with it).

If you are concerned about the kids aspect, one company that makes those pushbutton handgun safes is making one for long guns that will mount between 2 wall studs. I think it is going to be available early next year.

Good luck!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top