Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/11/2001 3:33:55 PM EDT
From the Buffalo News -
If the anti-government novel "Unintended Consequences," by John Ross, had come out before the bombing, McVeigh said he might not have bombed the Murrah Building. Ross' book, published in 1996, tells the story of a man who protests gun laws by murdering law enforcement and government officials.

"He has told me that, in hindsight, he might have done things differently if "Unintended Consequences' had come out first," McCauley said. "But I don't think he regrets the bombing."
View Quote

From the story, it appears that McVeigh would have considered a murder spree against federal personnel involved at Waco, rather than bombing a federal building.

Story is at[url]http://worldnetdaily.com/frame/direct.asp?SITE=www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20010610/1018258.asp[/url]

Eric The Hun[>]:)]

Link Posted: 6/11/2001 3:36:27 PM EDT
[#1]
And people would have thought of him as a folk hero.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 4:17:42 PM EDT
[#2]
The intent of his "mission" was overshadowed by the amount of pain he caused to so many innocent lives......
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 4:44:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By black&green:
The intent of his "mission" was overshadowed by the amount of pain he caused to so many innocent lives......
View Quote

Yup...  Not exactly one shot/one kill was it?  Had he simply sniped the people that he intended to kill, he would probably still be on death row, but he wouldn't be as reviled as he is now.  He has been rejected by people that would normally support him primarily because he killed children.  I got no problems with an ATF agent that was shooting into the building in Waco getting whacked and I certainly would like to hear of Lon Horiuchi being bumped by a pissed off relative of Vicki Weaver, but I want their children left out of the mix...
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 4:52:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I wore a black armband today - to mourn the loss of innocent life at the hands of federal agents who have not been brought to justice.

Mr. Horiouchi is one of them. If you follow an illegal order it's your own head.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top