BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/4/2008 6:22:15 AM EDT
Fixed link
www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJCb6lYdZG0

Nasty blow.  I can only hope I would see this coming as I watch my surroundings pretty closely.  Backing out of the way would probably be the best bet?
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:23:12 AM EDT
[#1]
So far it's fail as the link links to nothing.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:24:15 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
So far it's fail as the link links to nothing.

+1 link is dead
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:27:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Link is fixed.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:29:08 AM EDT
[#4]
ooops
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:31:59 AM EDT
[#5]
People should always be aware of their surroundings. That guys body language set off big red flags.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:36:58 AM EDT
[#6]
They way the guy keep on looking at him just looked suspicious.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:40:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Can't say what I think.......COC
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:40:42 AM EDT
[#8]
That would be one of the reasons I practice so many holster draws with both firearms I carry.  That would definitely be a draw on the move.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:45:03 AM EDT
[#9]
wow.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:56:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Hard to believe no one did anything.  I would have tripped up the punk.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:03:43 AM EDT
[#11]
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."

Holy shit.  

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:06:35 AM EDT
[#12]
One of the comments

I am not a racist. I am not not a white or black . I am a pakistani and i have been living in usa for last 4 years. I use to work in black neighbourhood and all the talk about race, and all the time they tell you how white people racist. I find black people more racists, and they always make a mistake and look at you that you did something wrong. We all human being we all make mistakes but most of black people never admitt their mistake. They are so greedy and racists. For money they can kill yo

even others can see the true.............just takes time
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:08:57 AM EDT
[#13]
McLovin!
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:11:43 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Hard to believe no one did anything.  I would have tripped up the punk.

A good samaritan should've put lead into him.  That person should not exist in my country.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:14:45 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
That would be one of the reasons I practice so many holster draws with both firearms I carry.  That would definitely be a draw on the move.

No way you can react that fast The thug had the angle on him.The old man had his back slightly turned "never saw it comming" .
My wife wonders why I look at people around me?

Poor man that shit really upsets me.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:16:28 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No way you can react that fast The thug had the angle on him.The old man had his back slightly turned "never saw it comming" .
My wife wonders why I look at people around me?

I'm saying if I saw him before the attack.  I am always watching the people around me.  I'd have backed away a little before the attack anyways with the guy looking at me like that.  

As soon as he shifted all his body weight to one side I'd have been moving.

Again.  Only if I saw it though.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:20:05 AM EDT
[#17]
And somehow the old man will be seen as the racist.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:21:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Hope he at least got some free fries.

No one in the mcD could stop that guy?
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:21:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Situational awareness, get some.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:27:08 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

why should they?  if you were an employee and did anything, you'd be fired, probably sued by the thug, and the thug's homeboys would come after you.

it isn't worth the risk.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:27:38 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

+1

I don't think I would have taken my eye off that guy for one second.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:29:38 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

why should they?  if you were an employee and did anything, you'd be fired, probably sued by the thug, and the thug's homeboys would come after you.

it isn't worth the risk.

A lot of national employers make their employees sign a 'No Chase / No Resistance' form at hiring to say they won't interfere in a robbery/shoplifting, nor follow the criminal out into the parking lot to get a description/tag number of the vehicle.

The United States in the 21st Century is a far cry from the United States in the 19th Century.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:31:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Just once I would like to see a video of something like that but the criminal not realizing the guy is some retired navy seal/mma expert or some crazy crap and the guy just looks at him after he hits and and then tears him apart.   JUST ONCE lol
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:36:18 AM EDT
[#24]
this country went to hell when you couldn't gut-shoot people for stuff like that anymore.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:38:08 AM EDT
[#25]
How do you react to a situation like if you were carrying.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:45:48 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Just once I would like to see a video of something like that but the criminal not realizing the guy is some retired navy seal/mma expert or some crazy crap and the guy just looks at him after he hits and and then tears him apart.   JUST ONCE lol

Hello sir. I am a genie. I shall grant you this one wish...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7yhDVmZ6fg
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:48:33 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Assuming I could have seen it coming I'd begin drawing, stepped/stumbled/jumped back, and fired.  I'd have been moving diagonally to cover more ground as well.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:49:31 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

If you lack situational awareness, the same thing happens as in the video except the thug also steals your CCW. And maybe shoots you with it.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:52:10 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you lack situational awareness, the same thing happens as in the video except the thug also steals your CCW. And maybe shoots you with it.

+1
Don't let your guard down.  Make eye contact with those around you.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:55:00 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Here you go bro.  72yo retired marine, and golden gloves champion is not a really that good
of a mark for a pickpocket.

www.truveo.com/Raw-Video-Elderly-ExMarine-Beats-Crook-Into/id/3341833202
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:55:17 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:56:06 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

You wouldn't have time to pull your weapon. 21 foot rule, you can't pull a firearm fast enough if someone is charging you within 21 feet- unless you are open carry. Learn to use your fists as well as a firearm.

RR
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:56:06 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

You wouldn't have time to pull your weapon. 21 foot rule, you can't pull a firearm fast enough if someone is charging you within 21 feet- unless you are open carry. Learn to use your fists as well as a firearm.

RR
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:56:25 AM EDT
[#34]
height=8
Quoted:

A lot of national employers make their employees sign a 'No Chase / No Resistance' form at hiring to say they won't interfere in a robbery/shoplifting, nor follow the criminal out into the parking lot to get a description/tag number of the vehicle. his?
www.koco.com/news/13441545/detail.html

And people wonder why criminals are getting bolder...
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:57:25 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Assuming I could have seen it coming I'd begin drawing, stepped/stumbled/jumped back, and fired.  I'd have been moving diagonally to cover more ground as well.

Fired...?    Surely you're kidding...  Beat him senseless yes, but I don't think that situation would allow lethal force unless he produced a weapon or had several others with him.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:01:36 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fired...?    Surely you're kidding...  Beat him senseless yes, but I don't think that situation would allow lethal force unless he produced a weapon or had several others with him.

You would'nt shoot a violent felon?  What kind of criteria do you have for defending yourself?
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:04:15 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You would'nt shoot a violent felon?  What kind of criteria do you have for defending yourself?

In fear of great bodily harm.  I have no right to retreat.  
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:04:26 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

RR

Open carry might change the situation all together,but inside 21 ft even open carry wont do much for you, studies have shown that even at low ready inside 21 ft will get ya killed.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:05:45 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A lot of national employers make their employees sign a 'No Chase / No Resistance' form at hiring to say they won't interfere in a robbery/shoplifting, nor follow the criminal out into the parking lot to get a description/tag number of the vehicle.

Sort of like this?

www.koco.com/news/13441545/detail.html

And people wonder why criminals are getting bolder...

and this... www.news4jax.com/news/13545696/detail.html
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:06:23 AM EDT
[#40]
Obviously you block with your other hand.  Doing Kenpo has helped out some
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:11:22 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
One of the comments

I am not a racist. I am not not a white or black . I am a pakistani and i have been living in usa for last 4 years. I use to work in black neighbourhood and all the talk about race, and all the time they tell you how white people racist. I find black people more racists, and they always make a mistake and look at you that you did something wrong. We all human being we all make mistakes but most of black people never admitt their mistake. They are so greedy and racists. For money they can kill yo

even others can see the true.............just takes time

very true, but if you go to see the guys page, people have left hate comments on there.what cant i say.. guess the truth hurts.

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:16:17 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You don't think a blow to the head like that can kill someone?
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:22:57 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you don't fire, then he will have a weapon- yours.

When you're carrying a gun you can't afford to let someone get that close to you and get you on the ground. If they do, you're dead.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:39:20 AM EDT
[#44]
Thank you soo much for pissing me off for the rest of the day..............
That was Fucking Bullshit........ I say start rounding up gang members throughout
the Country and eliminate them once and for all. Why haven't people started
taking matters into their own hands in beyond me.  Round up these scumbags
no matter what age or color they are, and put them out of their misery like the
Nazis did with Jews during WWII ( Granted that was a horrible thing, and it should
never happen again, but I think in this case it would be justified)  Am I wrong for thinking like this?
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 9:45:59 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here you go bro.  72yo retired marine, and golden gloves champion is not a really that good
of a mark for a pickpocket.

www.truveo.com/Raw-Video-Elderly-ExMarine-Beats-Crook-Into/id/3341833202

A good example to follow.

Nuts, then head, then kidneykidneykidney...
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 9:50:14 AM EDT
[#46]
yet another reason to avoid mcdonalds.....

if everyone of them closed tomorrow, I'd be lovin it.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 10:15:33 AM EDT
[#47]
That guy is still out there.  As are others just like him.
"Let's be careful out there."
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 11:56:17 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you don't fire, then he will have a weapon- yours.

When you're carrying a gun you can't afford to let someone get that close to you and get you on the ground. If they do, you're dead.

OK, OK...I shouldn't have questioned anyone...

I am simply basing my response on the assumption that "I could have seen it coming...".  I could be wrong (have been before) but in most states I believe you are only allowed to escalate force as it is presented to you...therefore until I feel that my life is endanger by him either continuing the fight (not a single punch) or him making a suggestion that he is going to kill or disarm me, I don't believe I would be able to make a case in court for self-defense.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 12:59:36 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You don't think a blow to the head like that can kill someone?

Absolutely it can...  I've seen people die from less. If I'd been there, I'd have dropped "tha homey"...
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 1:01:58 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

I don't think I would have taken my eye off that guy for one second.

yep
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top