Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/15/2016 10:44:24 PM EDT
Well, the oil companies are getting sued for not warning us about global warming.  It's about time McD's payed up for not warning us that eating too much would make us fat.  

http://www.businessinsider.com/mcdonalds-new-restaurant-offers-all-you-can-eat-fries-2016-4

McDonald's is opening a restaurant in Missouri that's unlike any other McDonald's in the country.

The new 6,500-square-foot location in St. Joseph will offer all-you-can-eat french fries, customizable desserts, sandwiches, and burgers, as well as table service, The St. Joseph News-Press reports.

It will have several digital kiosks for customers to order their food  which McDonald's is now adding to restaurants across the country  a "party room" for rent, and modern-looking couches and arm chairs for hanging out.

The restaurant will also try to appeal to young moms by hosting events for mothers and kids during the day, such as play groups and children's book readings, according to its Facebook page.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 10:47:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Their problem isn't their atmosphere, it's the plastic they sell for food.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 10:47:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Well, the oil companies are getting sued for not warning us about global warming.  It's about time McD's payed up for not warning us that eating too much would make us fat.  

http://www.businessinsider.com/mcdonalds-new-restaurant-offers-all-you-can-eat-fries-2016-4

McDonald's is opening a restaurant in Missouri that's unlike any other McDonald's in the country.

The new 6,500-square-foot location in St. Joseph will offer all-you-can-eat french fries, customizable desserts, sandwiches, and burgers, as well as table service, The St. Joseph News-Press reports.

It will have several digital kiosks for customers to order their food  which McDonald's is now adding to restaurants across the country  a "party room" for rent, and modern-looking couches and arm chairs for hanging out.

The restaurant will also try to appeal to young moms by hosting events for mothers and kids during the day, such as play groups and children's book readings, according to its Facebook page.
View Quote

It is illegal to sue a fast food restaraunt for "making you fat".  No joke.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 10:51:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They should have warned us.   They addicted us to tasty food.  They're evil, just like big Tobacco.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 10:53:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't even order their fries on the rare occasion I go in there anymore.   Their fries went from some of the best in the big chain fast food industry to just nasty.    They need to fix their food if they want to increase business.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 10:56:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Notice the Digital Kiosk part.

Link Posted: 4/15/2016 10:59:09 PM EDT
[#6]
The whirl star videos will be epic as well
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 11:00:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I don't even order their fries on the rare occasion I go in there anymore.   Their fries went from some of the best in the big chain fast food industry to just nasty.    They need to fix their food if they want to increase business.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Something else ruined by Lawyers and Foreigners.
They used to be fried in Beef tallow.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 11:01:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

$15/hr?

This is what you wanted, Bernie supporter!
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 11:04:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Hahahahahahahaha of course it's in st Joe Missouri.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 11:10:27 PM EDT
[#10]
They've had digital order kiosks for years in some stores. It was because no one in the store spoke English adequately to take an order...
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 11:13:07 PM EDT
[#11]
So what are they going to cook for table service?  Or do they mean just delivering your order to your table?
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 11:15:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.  They were good back in the days of Formula 47 shortening.   Then they came out w/ Formula 189 and specifically said use it for everything but fries.  Fries don't taste good when fried in the all vegetable shortening.   So now we get cold, under or no salted fries which are barely edible hot.    What an improvement.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 11:21:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Fuck em. I don't care. You could hold a gun to my head and I would not eat anything from McDonalds.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 11:29:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Fuck em. I don't care. You could hold a gun to my head and I would not eat anything from McDonalds.
View Quote

A couple of months ago, I was starving and they were the only place around, so I stopped for a burger and fries for the first time in probably ten years.  I threw most of it away.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 11:40:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
So what are they going to cook for table service?  Or do they mean just delivering your order to your table?
View Quote

I think that just means somebody will actually clean the tables
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 11:43:56 PM EDT
[#16]
What about the brews, man?  
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 11:44:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

They should have warned us.   They addicted us to tasty food.  They're evil, just like big Taco
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They should have warned us.   They addicted us to tasty food.  They're evil, just like big Taco

Their all you can eat fries will last about a month... One quarter tops until they realize it IS possible to lose money on fries. All 6500 sq ft will be packed -- by like 8 McFattys. Nom nom nom
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 11:48:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

They used to be fried in beef tallow.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They used to be fried in beef tallow.

Rally's fries kick ass, I have to stay away from the damn place or I'd look like the Sta-puff dude.

Link Posted: 4/15/2016 11:49:09 PM EDT
[#19]
They already have some stores that do table service, custom a la carte burgers and kiosk ordering.  There was one in Dade City we stopped off at last week. It was a bit weird, but it looked good.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 12:06:07 AM EDT
[#20]
When their food is prepared properly and isn't allowed to sit for an hour it's pretty good.  Classic, even.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 12:10:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think all the McDs around here in SW Mo. have a few digital kiosks already.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 12:12:50 AM EDT
[#22]
I like their fries
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 12:36:12 AM EDT
[#23]
I think it is dependent on the restaurant.  They are franchises and different people run theirs differently.  Our local McD's is fairly good.  Fries are good.  Same as I have had since I've been young.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 12:37:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Hahahahahahahaha of course it's in st Joe Missouri.
View Quote

Less than an hour away.

I will be going!!!

Link Posted: 4/16/2016 2:26:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Arf McDonalds threads never disappoint.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 2:28:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I think it is dependent on the restaurant.  They are franchises and different people run theirs differently.  Our local McD's is fairly good.  Fries are good.  Same as I have had since I've been young.
View Quote

You ever notice how all the folks who "never eat there" are simultaneously experts on every aspect of the menu and cooking processes?

Link Posted: 4/16/2016 2:30:37 AM EDT
[#27]
I crave me some McDonalds at times.  It's delicious.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 2:31:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
They've had digital order kiosks for years in some stores. It was because no one in the store spoke English adequately to take an order...
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/16/2016 2:33:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Their all you can eat fries will last about a month... One quarter tops until they realize it IS possible to lose money on fries. All 6500 sq ft will be packed -- by like 8 McFattys. Nom nom nom
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I flipped burgers at McD's after high school for a year (back in the 90s). Trust me, they know they can lose money on fries.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 2:38:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 2:42:01 AM EDT
[#31]
i'm not big on mcdonalds, but every now and then i get a craving for a poorly prepared over cooked burger.

basically i get a craving for disappointment

and McDonalds always delivers
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 2:50:20 AM EDT
[#32]
It hits the spot every now and then but I don't make a habit of eating there too often. The fries are fine as long as they are hot and salted, but serve them cold and without salt ruins them. I'll go back up and ask for a fresh batch when they try to serve me cold fries that have been in the warming bin for the last 20 minutes.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 2:51:39 AM EDT
[#33]
EXTRA BIGASS FRIES!
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 2:57:35 AM EDT
[#34]
Young moms you say?
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 3:03:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Once the $15 minimum wage kicks in they will lay off all of their cook staff and you can pay to cook your own burger.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 3:19:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Their problem isn't their atmosphere, it's the plastic they sell for food.
View Quote

It's just high in sodium, preservatives, and probably partially dehydrated.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 3:22:50 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I like their fries
View Quote
Hash browns are better.

Link Posted: 4/16/2016 11:19:03 AM EDT
[#38]
In other words, they're opening a Red Robin serving low quality burgers.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 11:20:25 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The whirl star videos will be epic as well
View Quote

That was my first thought as well.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 11:31:02 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View Quote
Their going down......Soon.

Link Posted: 4/16/2016 11:34:09 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Isn't that redundant?

Link Posted: 4/16/2016 11:34:10 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

So in other word they're opening a Red Robin.

The few times I've been to a RR I was unimpressed with the soggy, greasy mess they served me.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 11:44:25 AM EDT
[#43]
Back in the Dark Ages, before everything was about the bottom line their food was pretty good.
They cooked their burgers(real meat) on a grill, peeled and cut there fries on site and fried them in beef fat.
Shakes where made by hand and not from a shake machine and were Ice cream not frozen yogurt.
They want to save their brand and their business, they need to go back to the Dark Ages, make it
about the food and the customer again, not about cheap fast plastic food.

Link Posted: 4/16/2016 12:05:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Notice the table service and party room.

It looks like in this case the people just got shifted to provide better/more service.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 12:08:26 PM EDT
[#45]

All you can eat `fries?

Nom nom nom!
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 12:17:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

A couple of months ago, I was starving and they were the only place around, so I stopped for a burger and fries for the first time in probably ten years.  I threw most of it away.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No. You were not starving. Starving takes several weeks.
You were feeling withdrawal symptoms from your food addiction.
Ask me how I know.

When you stop eating high calorie low nutrient shit food you go through real withdrawal.
You jones for that shit for about a month.

After you are completely over it eating junk food makes you want to throw up.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 12:20:19 PM EDT
[#47]
They tested this last summer in Amarillo. You walk in and order at a kiosk. You can order the basic menu stuff or "build" a custom burger with a better patty, add guacamole or a different cheese, or whatever. Then you sit down and they bring out the food in a few minutes. I tried it once. The kiosk was a little confusing and slower than ordering at the counter, but I'm sure it would be no problem once you've done it a couple times. They've probably improved it based on the testing also. Burger was ok -  better than a regular McDonald's burger but obviously not that great if I never went back.

They just tore down an old McDonald's in Amarillo and built one of the new ones. Sounds very similar to this.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 12:20:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 12:22:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 12:25:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Just when I think I'm out they pull me back in!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top