Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2007 6:18:21 PM EDT
I was watching the infamous "barrel shroud" piece with Carolyn McCarthy, and she described a "barrel shroud" as "the shoulder thing that goes up".

Does this mean she wants to ban any weapon with a stock? The stock is the only "shoulder thing that goes up" that I can think of.

Hey Zumbo, do your rifles have "shoulder things that go up"?

Personally, I do not think she writes, reads, or understands her own legislation.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 6:20:04 PM EDT
[#1]
"Personally, I do not think she writes, reads, or understands her own legislation"

Ya THINK?
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 6:20:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I dunno about buttstock, but I think she needs a good buttstroke to the skull.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 6:22:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
three or four should knock some sense into her.  Make sure it is a nice heavy gun with a steel butt plate such as the M1 garand.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 6:23:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
three or four should knock some sense into her.  Make sure it is a nice heavy gun with a steel butt plate such as the M1 garand.

I'm not sure about knocking some sense into her, but it'd certainly be entertaining.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 6:24:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 6:26:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Svprise Buttstock
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 6:26:26 PM EDT
[#7]
She can go get her butt-stocked!!
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 6:29:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Shoulder thing? that could be a sling as well. BAN SLINGS!
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 6:29:39 PM EDT
[#9]
heheheh this is gonna ba a good thread, we need to send an email to ACT-Up and let them know that McCarthy wants to ban Buttsecks.

Link Posted: 4/20/2007 6:33:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
heheheh this is gonna ba a good thread, we need to send an email to ACT-Up and let them know that McCarthy wants to ban Buttsecks.

speaking of that, her face does sort of look like an ass.....
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 6:35:31 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Going to google ACT-up.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 6:36:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 6:37:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Her bill should not have included Garands. A Garand does not have a large capacity buttstock. It only has two little cylindrical cavities in it under the butt plate.

Maybe she should suggest that any buttstock large enough to hold a cleaning kit should be banned.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 6:38:39 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I was watching the infamous "barrel shroud" piece with Carolyn McCarthy, and she described a "barrel shroud" as "the shoulder thing that goes up".

Does this mean she wants to ban any weapon with a stock? The stock is the only "shoulder thing that goes up" that I can think of.

Hey Zumbo, do your rifles have "shoulder things that go up"?

Personally, I do not think she writes, reads, or understands her own legislation.

I think she was talking about a sling. You know they make any gun more powerful!

More thrusts per squeeze IIRC?

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 6:38:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 6:39:12 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Going to google ACT-up.

Heres the linkys....

I left em cold.

ACT UP - New York
For direct action AIDS activists. ACT UP offers committee reports, health info, and manuals on civil disobedience/actions.

www.actupny.org

ACT UP - San Francisco
Information on current actions and causes.

www.actupsf.com

ACT UP - Philadelphia
AIDS Coalition to Unleash Power.

www.critpath.org/actup

Link Posted: 4/20/2007 6:39:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 6:42:33 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
media.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/congress/members/photos/228/M000309.jp
g

Its a man, baby, yeah...

Well, it can't possibly have any balls.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 6:44:47 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Svprise Buttstock

You are correct!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 6:49:08 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
media.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/congress/members/photos/228/M000309.jpg

She looks like Lenny (Spinal Tap guy) in drag from 'Lavourne & Shirley' '70s sitcom
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 7:15:54 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Svprise Buttstock

Link Posted: 4/20/2007 7:19:49 PM EDT
[#22]
A buttsekz ban would have prevented her from being conceived.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 7:20:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Her Butt's already stocked!
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 7:22:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Aside from being a FOOL, she's a fuckin' HAG too.

Link Posted: 4/20/2007 7:24:51 PM EDT
[#25]
That pic of her actually looks a lot better than the hag I saw on TV talking that nonsense.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 7:29:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Well C'Mon people!

They ARE "Things in the back that go UP!"

How far do Y'all think the 2nd Amend' goes!?

Link Posted: 4/20/2007 7:30:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 7:31:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 7:33:59 PM EDT
[#29]
I was thinking she wanted to BAN Slings. DUMB BITCH
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 7:35:06 PM EDT
[#30]
She looks like either a typical school nurse or a blow up doll for the elderly.

I wonder if she has a string coming out the back of her head. One that, when you pull it, she says "Turn your head and cough."  
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 7:36:28 PM EDT
[#31]
I actually have some sympathy for people like McCarthy and even Cindy Sheehan. McCarthy lost her husband and had her son horrible maimed for life on the Long Island Expressway when that asshole, Collin Ferguson, started shooting one day. Had two members of my family been affected so horribly, I'm sure my view of the world would also be different. I certainly understand the emotional need to just get something done so that her loss was not for nothing and that some good might come of it.

In Cindy Sheehan's case, I am sure she genuinely mourns the death of her son Casey, although Casey enlisted and then re-enlisted in the Army, so his fate was more of his choice that was that of McCarthy's husband and son.

What I do not care for is how these single-issue people become tools of the Left to impose their will on everyone else. Tucker Carlson easily exposed McCarthy as an empty suit who is just giving a voice to the gun grabbers. Sheehan is no better, as she thinks that nothing we are doing in Iraq is worthwhile and that if we just leave them alone, they will leave us alone.  Obviously, 9/11 taught us that that reasoning is horribly flawed.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 7:38:25 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I was thinking she wanted to BAN Slings. DUMB BITCH

Unspeakable evil:

Would owning a pair of scissors and a car with seat belts constitute probable cause?
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 7:39:17 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

butt sex?
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 7:44:46 PM EDT
[#34]
I want a Shelia McCarthy ban.

Link Posted: 4/20/2007 7:45:06 PM EDT
[#35]
All of your buttsects is belong to me!

- Clint
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 8:19:10 PM EDT
[#36]
The turd out of my asshole has a higher IQ than that ignorant moron.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 3:34:58 PM EDT
[#37]
She was probably trying to quote Charles Schumer:

Referring to the question of whether or not Colin Ferguson, the person who killed several people on a Long Island commuter train in the early 1990's (including McCarty's husband and son), used a banned weapon:

"Yes. He used a stock. We ban also more than 10 bullet stocks, so you can't shoot a whole lot of bullets." - Charles Schumer on the AWBan.

Link Posted: 4/21/2007 3:39:30 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

I'm already there...
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 4:25:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Is there a way to change the wording around on this bill? That way we could change each banned feature to sound even more evil, yet not actually exist. Such as banning "HI-capacity buttstocks", "bayonet equipped magazines" and "armor piercing brass".

This way, they get to pass the bill, and pat themselves on the back. Yet it does not actually ban anything. Both sides get what they want.

ktm500
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 4:57:14 PM EDT
[#40]
You know..."the shoulder thing that goes up"....her freaking hole.  
You've just gotta love those sexy "Mr. Spock" bangs that overlap those caterpillar eyebrows.   I bet that, when it sits down, it's scrotum falls out, like Ms. Man on "Scary Movie".
She ought to hook up with Howard Metzenbaum and they would really know their gun stuff.  If you all recall years ago, Howie detailed on an interview that the difference between an assault weapon and a regular rifle was that...assault rifles were designed to be fired from the hip and regular rifles were fired from the shoulder.   He also admitted, while leafing through a gun magazine that while "I don't know much about these guns, some of them look very 'ominous'"....or something close to that quote.
McCarthy has not reproduced, has she?  Do you know why her husband really died?  ....because he wanted to...LOL   Visualize that thing turning over in bed and looking at you in the morn, and you'd run out and get yourself schwakked too!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top